No announcement yet.

What would be your dream job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be a mountain bike & trail running tour operator all summer and a XC ski trip guide all winter. Spring and Fall would be travel time where I would travel around the world visiting and writing about awesome places to mountain bike and ski.

Comment

There are guys in prison who get paid 50 cents a day to work on trail crews. They live out in the wilderness and do trail maintenance. On my backpacking trip this weekend, I was joking that if I was in prison, I'd do whatever it took to get that job, then I would find a way to get back in prison when they let me out.

I spent 6 months of my life hiking in the wilderness every day. It was an amazing and wonderful adventure, but after a while, it got to be a job. And I was a pretty mean boss. I learned that it's not good to take something you really really like and make it your job. I'm very happy with my job as a web developer. It's boring enough to walk away from at the end of the day and some day when I don't have to work anymore, I can just go hiking all the time again.
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Venture Capitaliat
        Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
        Starting Weight: 294 pounds
        Current Weight: 235 pounds
        Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
          I would run a home-run tech support business offering all kinds of day to day maintenance and configuration services (spyware/viruses, new PC setup & data transfer, "tune-ups", hardware repair, consultations etc.). I already kind of started one, but I haven't been advertising and I'm very nervous about asking people for payment without feeling bad even though my services are much cheaper than any other place you could get the same thing around here. I don't know how realistic it is that this could support my current way of living (even just rent), but it's what I like doing.
          I was just starting to do this same thing right before I got offered a "real job". Some days I wish I hadn't taken it. I like that stuff a lot too and I could have set my own schedule, and wouldn't have had to move.

My dream job would probably involve growing food part time in a sustainable techno-farm (aquaponics style), and splitting the rest of my work time between writing stories and inventing things.
          Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

I'd draw comics again OR run a deli of some sort. Unfortunately, comic-wise, you can't find those jobs that pay up front. There are plenty of people with omg-great-ideas, and no money to start (although they'll be ever so kind to link to your website, and give you omgz-internet-fame, if you toil 60 hours/week to draw their omg-great-idea for them).

Comment

I would be a Washo wayfinder and take people on spiritual journeys.

Comment

My two:

1. A park Ranger in Yosemite NP.
                2. Working at REI. (Store, Travel Guide, Teaching, anything really...)

Comment

Originally posted by kenn View Post
                  Venture Capitaliat
                  The ultimate capitalist adventurer. Nice!

Comment

Unrealistic dream job? Retro nightclub singer - music from them '30s and '40s.

Realistic dream job? Pretty much anything working with animals, especially dogs.
                    Durp.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefGrok View Post
                      The ultimate capitalist adventurer. Nice!
                      He probably hasn't considered the possibility of being a $500 trillion shadow lord running central banks like the Rothschilds who simply print up money and buy off politicians because they already bought everything else they could dream up buying.

Comment

Originally posted by Grok View Post
                        He probably hasn't considered the possibility of being a $500 trillion shadow lord running central banks like the Rothschilds who simply print up money and buy off politicians because they already bought everything else they could dream up buying.
                        Outside of being the Rothschilds and funding the most nefarious of deeds in the post-modern world, of which I agree with you. The core of the idea still stands as something noble. Don't ya think?

Comment

Outside of being the Rothschilds and funding the most nefarious of deeds in the post-modern world, of which I agree with you. The core of the idea still stands as something noble. Don't ya think?
                          I'm not following you. What idea are you speaking of? Central banking or venture capitalism?

Comment

Originally posted by Grok View Post
                            I'm not following you. What idea are you speaking of? Central banking or venture capitalism?
                            Venture capitalism.

Comment

Venture capitalism.
                              Sent an email your way. Take a look when you can.
                              Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Comment

Originally posted by trekfan View Post
                                Sent an email your way. Take a look when you can.
                                roger that

Comment

Working...
                                X