X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CW looks to be moving in the right direction

A nice report on the toxicity of sugar.

Is sugar toxic? - 60 Minutes - CBS News

That's been in process for a long time.. Now when they start realizing how bad vegetable oils are, and how good sat fat is..then we have something
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Originally posted by activia View Post
      That's been in process for a long time.. Now when they start realizing how bad vegetable oils are, and how good sat fat is..then we have something
      The public can't handle it, too indoctrinated.

Comment

Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
        The public can't handle it, too indoctrinated.
        Oh given enough time it can.. I mean they did finally realize the world is not flat, and is not at the center of the universe, and the sun is not revolving around the earth.

They also finally realized that breast feeding is better then formula.
        Primal since March 2011

Comment

Oh, and the sugar lobbyist was priceless....."the science isn't there yet", yeah right! Just keep thinking that line of BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma View Post
            Oh, and the sugar lobbyist was priceless....."the science isn't there yet", yeah right! Just keep thinking that line of BS.
            He certainly had the "deer in headlights" look to him. Then gave the "balanced" diet line.

Comment

(Not to date myself here), but being a kid back in the 70's CW knew that sugar was bad for us and led to weight gain. I think most people just won't care really. People still smoke these days too. Making cigarettes expensive has keeps people from smoking more than anything else, I bet. If you handed out cigarettes for free a lot more people would smoke and sugar is subsidized and pretty cheap.
              http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Originally posted by JeffreyS View Post
                He certainly had the "deer in headlights" look to him. Then gave the "balanced" diet line.
                Sounds like my mom, "all in moderation!"
                Primal since March 2011

Comment

Yeah- I don't ever really remember a time where "sugar" was part of a healthy diet. Back in the 70's and 80's no one was encouraging soda consumption. Do people really eat sweets and think "oh yeah- just a fat free cup cake- no worse than an apple"... no, people know. Some stuff is a little deceptive- juice drinks and yogurt come to mind.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                  Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Oh given enough time it can.. I mean they did finally realize the world is not flat, and is not at the center of the universe, and the sun is not revolving around the earth.

They also finally realized that breast feeding is better then formula.
                    I don't know about "finally realize the world is not flat". Where does that one come from? The old song that goes "they all laughed at Christopher Columbus ..."? The fact is, they didn't; or if they did it wasn't for that reason, because that's not what they thought.

Ptolemy's Almagest was the standard text for astronomy for centuries, so all educated people for all that time conceived of the world as a sphere. As of the uneducated, they probably didn't have an opinion since they probably didn't even think about the matter.

To be sure our conception of the solar system did get, so to speak, turned inside out, though. Now we know the sun only appears to rise in the East and set in the West.

Mind you, that it did what it looked to be doing was a reasonable assumption. I'm not sure telling people not to eat how virtually all human cultures instinctively did was ever a reasonable thing to do. (For example, everyone who can has always gone for animal fat.) I think the Ancel Keys doctrine was a classic example of an intellectual's blunder. It's a result of valuing theory over experience.

Comment

some people actually think it is healthy....my mom iincluded

Comment

This. Pretty much everyone these days already knows that sugar and soft drinks aren't doing them any good. The sooner they start to realize Canola oil isn't exactly a health food the better.

Comment

This is the banning agenda. It has nothing to do with conventional wisdom, or the Paleo diet, or anything else. It is about control. They are almost done with smoking, so they are looking for something new to get started with, that's all. Sugar, salt, fat, you name it. Anything that lets them check the contents of your kitchen and tax food.

Comment

The problem with focusing on sugar is it will be the soft drinks etc. We all grew up drinking a can or too of soda/pop but now the sugar is everywhere not just in the "junk" food it is found in those "healthy" low fat yogourts and almost everything else low fat.
                            Low fat no taste so add sugar, high fat great taste less sugar. In order to properly lower sugar in foods the government will have to back down on the CW fat is bad mantra.
                            Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                            PS
                            Don't forget to play!

Comment

I agree that CW seems to be in the very beginning of "waking up" to the realities of Primal.

I watch "The Biggest Loser". I don't know why, I can't stand it, and I'm constantly yelling at the TV and what they're doing, but I guess it sucks me in somehow. I've noticed over the past season the workouts they do on the show are getting very much like CrossFit/Primal type workouts, vs the early days of the show would just be constant chronic cardio.
                              -Chuck

Comment

Working...
                              X