Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living on ONLY Sunshine

Hi Guys,

Just watched a pretty interesting doco called 'Eat The Sun'. It was released last year. Its about 'sun gazing'... looking directly into the sun for up to 40 odd minutes a day.

Apparently you start off at 10 seconds on the first day and then every day after that increase your sun gazing by 5-10 secs. The best time of the day is the 1 hour period after sunrise and the 1 hour period before sunset.

A lot of people who do it find their energy explodes, their stress vanish and funny enough so does a lot of their appetite. Some of these people claim to not have eaten food for YEARS.

Its an interesting doco.

Me?... well I LOVE my food too much to stop eating food but would be interesting to give it a try for 5-10mins a day.

Doesn't staring into the sun burn your retinas or something?

Comment

I have sun-gazed and I certainly do find that it offers benefits... it seems to blast away stress (well, what's more relaxing than watching a sunset/sunrise?) and helps sleep for sure. I never tried giving up food in conjunction with it, but part of me believes it's possible. I want to get back into sun-gazing but my sleep schedule is a little messed up and I always sleep past the sunrise even when I intend to wake before it.
      I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

Comment

Originally posted by Nady View Post
        Doesn't staring into the sun burn your retinas or something?
        The sun is signifcantly weaker at sunrise/sunset... wonder if that has anything to do with it? I know I look at the sun during sunrise and sunset with no pain
        Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Judging by that video image, the sun is probably weaker when shrouded in smoke coming out of that smokestack, too. I think just getting some sun on your bare skin each day is probably better than burning your retinas staring right into it.
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Isn't this just really about getting your body to make enough vitamin D in a natural way instead of with supplements? Can't personally see how staring INTO the sun is useful.
            carl's cave

Comment

D3 effects your mood and appetite so natural sunlight is wonderful and I can see why it makes people happy staring at the sun. I do not think it is a food replacement. By that logic, there would be no starving kids in Africa because they can survive on sunlight. As we all know, that is not the case.
              I never trust a guru that claims to defy the laws of nature and I would certainly never follow their example. The guy on the video claimed it is possible to live on sunlight simply because one other person has. I would need a little more proof than that in order to give up food.

Comment

I had to check the date to make sure this wasn't an April Fools post.
                “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

There are really people that believe they can survive on sunlight. I watched a wife swap a few years back that starred a vegan sun eater. She was a perfect example of someone starving her brain of necessary fatty acids.

Comment

you know those doctors who call bullshit on this stuff in the video? i'm with them. i love sunshine. i cannot photosynthesize, as i am not a plant. i eat food.

Comment

Another consideration~ people need to remember that overexposure to sun rays (UV radiation) can lead to cataracts.

Ultraviolet Radiation and Sunglasses: How To Protect Your Eyes

Comment

Horseshit...
                        "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by jakey View Post
                          i cannot photosynthesize, as i am not a plant.
                          Yeah. That.
                          carl's cave

Comment

My knee jerk CW reaction is it has to be bad for your eyes. Actually, I look at the sun too, but only for a minute or less at a time.

Comment

All the silly stuff aside, there's something primeval about watching the sun rise and sun set (wearing a pair of UV-protective shades if necessary, of course). I get a lot from doing so when the opportunity arises.

I watched the sun rise over a sand dune in the Sahara desert on my 40th birthday. That was pretty primal.
                              F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X