X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork Rinds!

Are awesome!

Had to say it.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Now... if only I could get them salt free!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I loves me my salt
      Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Originally posted by activia View Post
        I loves me my salt
        Me too... can't consume it for medical reasons. *sob*
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
          Me too... can't consume it for medical reasons. *sob*
          Sucks to be you. I have hypotension and therefore require salt to stand.
          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

<---- intracranial hypertension... aka fluid build up in my head mushes my brain. Salt means I cannot stand, or speak, or see, or think clearly, or... ! Weirdness abounds.

I do wish I could find a salt free pork rind though. *sigh* A crunchy would be nice on occasion.
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Make sure you check the back, many of them have MSG or gluten in them
              Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
              Starting Weight: 294 pounds
              Current Weight: 235 pounds
              Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

I do wish I could find a salt free pork rind though. *sigh* A crunchy would be nice on occasion.
                I found them and bought them. They taste good. Enjoy!

Unsalted Pork Skins 2oz

Comment

Originally posted by Lily Marie View Post
                  I found them and bought them. They taste good. Enjoy!

Unsalted Pork Skins 2oz
                  Ohhhhh.... My thanks! <3

Strange I've googled a couple of times and come up empty... but now I'm feeling lucky!
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

<---- intracranial hypertension... aka fluid build up in my head mushes my brain. Salt means I cannot stand, or speak, or see, or think clearly, or... ! Weirdness abounds.

Go to a Hispanic market. I buy them here sometimes that are actually a big sheet of rind that is under heat lamps. I believe that they don't salt them until you buy them. If you ask in advance they may be able to set one aside without salt if they normally do.

* Oh yeah, and they often sell lard that they render there as well. Get some as well as enough rind to snack on and some to grind up into breading, add a bit of oregano, garlic, onion powder and paprika. It makes a brilliant breading for fish and lard is the best for frying it.
                    Last edited by Blackcatbone; 03-23-2012, 08:33 PM.
                    Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Originally posted by SophieScreams View Post
                      Are awesome!

Had to say it.
                      Why are you people so afraid of carbs?

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
                        Because fat tastes a lot better. Especially pork rinds against white rice
                        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
                          I'm not... I just want something crispy sometimes... do you know how ASS potato chips taste with zero salt??? Bleh.

I've had unsalted pork rind on occasion when I have a piece of skin to fry up at home... it's just very limited.
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I found, on few occasions, pork cracklins, at various gas stations. I find that better, than the packaged stuff I find in super markets.
                            If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

guess what guys? this aint atkins. just cause it's fatty meat, don't make it primal. skip the pork rinds. yup.

Comment

Working...
                              X