Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Rinds!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Today I located (quite accidentally, it was next to the pork fat trim that is for rendering lard and I had just never looked before I guess) and of course purchased some well trimmed pieces of fresh PORK SKIN.

    I will be making RINDS! Glorious, crunchy, salt free, rinds...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
      Today I located (quite accidentally, it was next to the pork fat trim that is for rendering lard and I had just never looked before I guess) and of course purchased some well trimmed pieces of fresh PORK SKIN.

      I will be making RINDS! Glorious, crunchy, salt free, rinds...
      Gotta love simplifying things to their truest source!
      If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

      Comment


      • #33
        I'm still not quite clear on why pork rinds (of any kind, where pork skin is the only ingredient) aren't primal?

        I don't eat them, but I don't know why they wouldn't make a good primal crunchy snack.
        5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

        "Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by GrokON View Post
          I'm still not quite clear on why pork rinds (of any kind, where pork skin is the only ingredient) aren't primal?

          I don't eat them, but I don't know why they wouldn't make a good primal crunchy snack.
          I wonder the same thing. But, it goes back to how "kosher" things are vs how "kosher" things appear.
          If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by GrokON View Post
            I'm still not quite clear on why pork rinds (of any kind, where pork skin is the only ingredient) aren't primal?

            I don't eat them, but I don't know why they wouldn't make a good primal crunchy snack.
            After jakey's post several people posed that question... I figure if he can't provide and answer then it's just silliness and will continue to pursue my adventures into making my on porky, crunchy, goodness.

            I'm not going to fry mine in any franken-oils... maybe he was thinking the store bought ones are fried in the bad stuff?
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

            Comment


            • #36
              Pork rinds shouldn't be fried in anything except their own fat, right? The bag I inhaled last week only had pork and salt as listed ingredients. Why would PR's not be primal?
              “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by SophieScreams View Post
                Pork rinds shouldn't be fried in anything except their own fat, right? The bag I inhaled last week only had pork and salt as listed ingredients. Why would PR's not be primal?
                Exactly.
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                  That just garnered a full fledged George Takei "Oh Myyyyyy" from me...
                  LOL!

                  I can hear it in my head.

                  Pork rinds are BADASS! I've polished off a bag or two here and there.
                  A Post-Primal PrimalPat

                  Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Pork rinds dipped in salsa is one of my favorite snacks right now

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by HeatherNicole View Post
                      Pork rinds dipped in salsa is one of my favorite snacks right now
                      It just became one of mine, now.
                      If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X