Pork Rinds!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakey View Post
    guess what guys? this aint atkins. just cause it's fatty meat, don't make it primal. skip the pork rinds. yup.
    Atkins wasn't, or wouldn't be down with pork rinds, either. I wish people would read his book, and not go by what's been portrayed, since the man's death. But, if pork rinds are what they're supposed to be (pork skin), then what about pork? Is it not primal?
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Originally posted by lssanjose View Post
      Atkins wasn't, or wouldn't be down with pork rinds, either. I wish people would read his book, and not go by what's been portrayed, since the man's death. But, if pork rinds are what they're supposed to be (pork skin), then what about pork? Is it not primal?
      Seriously... if you are eating a real fried pork skin with no funky oils WTH is the problem?

Just for a crispy snack on occasion. I'm totally lost as to what the issue is.
      It's fine to eat pork belly with skin on, but not the skin fried???
      You can even puff the skin in the freaking OVEN.

And NO, I'm NOT a LOW carb Primal advocate. Geeezzzz.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I'm thinking of going VLC just to be a dick.

And as part of your 20% I think that pork rinds are fine, especially for guacamole or sour cream dip.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
          Seriously... if you are eating a real fried pork skin with no funky oils WTH is the problem?

Just for a crispy snack on occasion. I'm totally lost as to what the issue is.
          It's fine to eat pork belly with skin on, but not the skin fried???
          You can even puff the skin in the freaking OVEN.

And NO, I'm NOT a LOW carb Primal advocate. Geeezzzz.
          I gotta fish that pork belly thread.. I got a package of pork belly sittin' there, waiting to be eaten .
          If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post

And as part of your 20% I think that pork rinds are fine, especially for guacamole or sour cream dip.
            I understand the dangers of doing this, based on what people are relaying here. But, I've gone days of VLC, without real issue. On the sour cream front, it's something I need to bring back to my eating strategy....

Comment

I gotta fish that pork belly thread.. I got a package of pork belly sittin' there, waiting to be eaten .
              When I do pork belly I always take the skin off and puff it for a treat!

And if I'm low on avocado... sometimes I mix sour cream into Guac and add some extra jalepeno. SO good!
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I understand the dangers of doing this, based on what people are relaying here. But, I've gone days of VLC, without real issue. On the sour cream front, it's something I need to bring back to my eating strategy....
                Sour cream bacon dip.

...just sayin'.

Comment

Sour cream bacon dip.

...just sayin'.
                  Awesome.

Comment

Cream cheese tastes really good on them.

Comment

ROFL. I spit up my pork rind when I read that!! ROFL. I can't stop laughing. ROFL.

I hope you don't mind if I use that as my signature someday.
                      "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

Comment

I love that pork rinds are just cooked in their own natural fatty greatness, and come out that oh-so-subtle bacon aftertaste. I mean, seriously, it's like bacon popcorn. And it really squashes my appetite.
                        “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Linny View Post
                          Cream cheese tastes really good on them.
                          I gotta hunt for straight cream cheese. It'll be on my next grocery shopping list, along with sour cream...

Comment

If you wanna get fancy, brie and chopped apples on top.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefGrok View Post
                              If you wanna get fancy, brie and chopped apples on top.
                              That just garnered a full fledged George Takei "Oh Myyyyyy" from me...
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by denasqu View Post
                                ROFL. I spit up my pork rind when I read that!! ROFL. I can't stop laughing. ROFL.

I hope you don't mind if I use that as my signature someday.
                                Feel free.

Comment

Working...
                                X