**TMI** A Grisly Account of Menstruation **TMI**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **TMI** A Grisly Account of Menstruation **TMI**

I'm kind of curious about the strange turn my monthly cycle has taken. A lot of women don't have a period while they're losing weight, so when mine started out really light last night, i thought i was in luck! Until this evening, when i was sitting here minding my own business and SPLOOSH! Anime death-by-samurai scene, right in my pants! Seriously, it was that ridiculously gruesome. I wonder if this will be normal thing for me now, or if my uterus is just temporarily insane, but i'd really like to know, because if it is, i'm really going to have to start paying attention so i can schedule around it--this was extreme enough it would have made being in public very, very awkward. wtf, it's like nightmares you have in junior high about your period sneaking up on you at school. Did anyone else have this problem? Is it self-correcting? Sorry for being graphic, but i am slightly horrified by my own body right now.

I had a similar issue. My period last month was VERY heavy, and I'm usually pretty light, although I am on the Pill (sadly). For example, I began eating primal and my new pack of pills around the first of January. Not even two weeks into to that pill pack, I had a period heavier than a normal period - and I had just barely gotten over the previous one. It was a doozy! It last almost a week. Then I got my "normal" period about a week and a half later, a little earlier than expected, and same flow. So I had two huge periods in one month. I was NOT A HAPPY CAMPER.

I looked into reasons for this phenomenon. Some ladies on the "low carb friends" message board said they had similar issues. I can't explain the science behind it this late at night, but from what I understand, this isn't unheard of.

Of course, if it gets really painful or unbelievably heavy, I would call the doctor .. I did just to let them know what was going on.

Comment

Yeah it happened to me every once in awhile. I wouldnt worry but if you start getting pain or it starts happening on a regular basis id see the doc. It might be an ovarian cyst.

Natural Selection: http://ichoosenaturalselection.wordpress.com

Comment

We're all mature adults here, more open than most to the workings of the human body. I think we can drop the whole "TMI! Gross! Warning: female problems!" thing.

Hope it's nothing serious.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Ditto on watching out in case it might be a cyst. However, you might just be having an influx of hormones, either from rebalancing out of balance hormones or from a release of hormones that were in stored fat. when you burn stored fat, the toxins that were stored in that fat are loosed into your system too.

I wouldn't worry TOO much, but keep an eye on your cycle and if you're still having issues you might want to talk to the doc about running your hormone levels and/or checking for other causes.

sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

I'm only a couple of months into being Primal (except for falling off the wagon here and there...) My first period since going primal was kinda like yours, light on the first day, and then the red sea for a couple of days. The second was almost non-existent, I spotted a little for half a day, then nothing. I'm attributing it to hormones changing, just keep track of your cycles and let the doc know if it gets worse.

Comment

sometimes it happens like that. i LOL'd pretty hard at the anime samurai reference. ive actually had this happen before too, thankfully while at home also!

Comment

I can't complain. Primal eating has done wonders for me. My periods were completely irregular, sometimes skipped months or lasted for three weeks. Now that I'm several months into the plan they come regularly, like clockwork.

Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
                Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
                No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
                Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

Comment

@primalchild- There are many men who would not agree and that appreciate the warning.

Trust me, women don't care...its the men that care.

Comment

I am having the same thing happen since going primal. The only good thing is I feel like my cramps are lighter and it only lasts 3 days instead of 7.

~Blog~

Comment

A friend on mine had a similar experience as she was heading for the menopause. Are you getting to that age?

My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

With PB, I am much less prone to heavy flooding (always have had enough warning to make it to the bathroom, though). The I-had-better-not-leave-the-house kind of days are now rare and mostly due to paranoia. I still have the problem that a particular day (day 2 usually) will "deliver" 80-90% of the total output for that cycle. Ugh.

Generally TOM has trended a little lighter, and the horrid cramps have been reduced to almost nothing (providing just enough of a twinge to warn me). Also, my schedule is longer. Pre-primal, I had attributed the gradually shorter "months" (25 or 26 days) to normal aging. Now it's a cycle of 31 days or a little longer. I've been primal since June with no other radical changes except diet.

Comment

Great post...I've been curious about this too. I haven't had my period yet while being Primal, but it's due in another week or so...so it's good to be aware of the possibilities.

Also...Zophie said lighter cramps...anyone else have differences in PMS symptoms. The past 8 months are my cycle has been connected to really extreme (for me) changes...mood, energy level, food intake. It had gotten tothe point where I was thinking about talking to the doctor. I'm hopeful that the healthy changes I've made for myself with living Primal will have a positive effect on all that. I do have to say that I'm already hopeful that that's happening. This week is usually the week that starts. With ovulation I usually start having cravings and feeling grumpy and that hasn't happened.

Anyone else with symptom differences?

Comment

Hippie Mama, I'd track that for a few months. You haven't been primal that long, right?

Ands as Jo mentioned - what stage of life are you at right not?

Did you have warning cramps or anything?

Comment

i haven't had a natural period since i've been on PB! however, i'm blaming me going off the pill last april for my wonkiness

Comment

Working...
                              X