Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those with sensitive skin, what body wash to do you use (UK ideally)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Those with sensitive skin, what body wash to do you use (UK ideally)?

    So harsh soaps irritated my skin, but I need to use something not to smell. So I've been using Burt's Bees Body Wash for about a year now, which works fine but its not perfect. Its relatively expensive for one.

    Those of you who are in a similar situation skin wise, have any alternatives that worked well for you?
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

  • #2
    I use Faith in Nature bodywash, which I get either from my local health food shop, or online via Goodness Direct - Online Health and Special Diet Food Store. Hope that helps!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
      So harsh soaps irritated my skin, but I need to use something not to smell. So I've been using Burt's Bees Body Wash for about a year now, which works fine but its not perfect. Its relatively expensive for one.

      Those of you who are in a similar situation skin wise, have any alternatives that worked well for you?
      I only use soap on my underarms and feet, which is where the smell-causing bacteria hang out. Plain water everywhere else. Soap-wise, I find all body washes a disaster. I mostly use a good, inexpensive, unscented soap bar (the health food shops sell cheap soap bars made from olive oil) or Dr. Bronner's, which costs a bit more in liquid form and lasts forever and ever and ever because you use so little of it each time.

      Comment


      • #4
        Seventh Sojourn soaps. I originally found them at a Renaissance faire, but since then have been ordering online. I LOVE their soaps, especially their tea tree oil and their Midnight Seduction soaps.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

        Comment


        • #5
          I use Dr. Bronner's. I especially like the peppermint, but the lavender is nice, too.

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't know that I have sensitive skin so much but I do break out in itchy hives all the time from leaky gut/food allergies.. who knows... but since going primal I've notice I'm sweating out some junk that never has happened before. My skin feels like I've been drenched in oil then rolled in dust and I need to shower a couple times a day.

            The body wash I was using just seemed to make things worse so I picked up a jug of that Dr. Bonners peppermint soap and it's great. At first I wasn't sure if I should even be using it for bathing because it says it's a multi-purpose soap and I assumed that meant you're supposed to use it for washing dishes, cleaning the house, etc. But I love it. It's very cooling, removes all the guck from my bod, and I feel like a stick of peppermint after I get out of the shower.
            "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

            Comment


            • #7
              simple is best

              Originally posted by thyme View Post
              I only use soap on my underarms and feet, which is where the smell-causing bacteria hang out. Plain water everywhere else. Soap-wise, I find all body washes a disaster. I mostly use a good, inexpensive, unscented soap bar (the health food shops sell cheap soap bars made from olive oil) or Dr. Bronner's, which costs a bit more in liquid form and lasts forever and ever and ever because you use so little of it each time.
              Yep, me too. The cheap soap is as good as the expensive soap, perhaps better because it is simpler, don't use deodorant either, just a shower, and not too hot. Don't soak in a hot bath it will dry your skin. Though, now I have been on Primal for 6 months my skin isn't so sensitive.

              Comment


              • #8
                If you have sensitive skin, why not try going soapless for awhile? Plenty of people on these boards and elsewhere who are paleo/primal have had great success with it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  2 years soapless. It's great.
                  You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lynna View Post
                    I use Dr. Bronner's. I especially like the peppermint, but the lavender is nice, too.
                    Same.
                    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                    PS
                    Don't forget to play!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Hardwarehank View Post
                      If you have sensitive skin, why not try going soapless for awhile? Plenty of people on these boards and elsewhere who are paleo/primal have had great success with it.
                      I agree that this is definitely worth a shot. I just wash the essential areas (privates, underarms, feet since I wear conventional socks and shoes) and scrub the rest to exfoliate. I use a crystal stone for deodorant and it works very well to keep the smelly bacteria at bay. I am also experimenting with using baking soda & water to wash my hair, with a white vinegar & water rinse to condition.
                      Depression Lies

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        A dermatologist advised me to go soapless, and I have been for years. Like other commenters, it's only armpits, feet, and privates that I use soap on. Once a week, or if I've been doing something grimey, I soap all over. And dry brushing pre-cleans skin before you even get in the shower.
                        Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap is the shizz!
                        “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          we always use bronners soap. peppermint in the soap dispensers in the kitchen and bathroom. and the unscented bars in the shower

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Alright thanks guys. I'll try this Dr Bronners, since natural fragrances still irritate my skin and I can order this fragrance less soap online. I'll also restrict washing to the essential areas only.
                            http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              careful, Dr. bronner's can burn sensitive areas due to the peppermint oil. there's an unscented "baby" variety which doesn't burn as much, but just watch the especially sensitive parts. another soapless vote here, except for pits.
                              my primal journal:
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X