No announcement yet.

Another Primal Dog Food Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've been feeding our animals %100 raw for about 5 years now (actually what gave me the courage to go "primal" for myself). The 2% of body weight is pretty accurate. One thing you'll notice is your animals will have a much better ability to turn food away. If you feed them to much they just won't eat it until they are hungry. You should see the meat goo that our animals have no problem eating after sitting out for 18 hrs. If our animals seem like they are devouring their food, we will just give them more. The bones are important as well as organ meat. We get a lot of our stuff from the butcher (our butcher seriously throws away their chicken necks and backs). For dogs, you should also try to incorporate some veggies for them we sometimes just chop them up finely and mix with ground beef. Our dog has just started eating chunky veggies on her own. Cats don't need the veggie component.

I have also noticed that our dog, that has always been raw fed can hardly eat any normal food/treats without throwing up... and her poop is just a tiny nugget of nothing. Makes clean up a snap
    Last edited by mindyst; 04-20-2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
      A good point to start from is 2% of the dogs adult body weight, you can then adjust as needed for the individual dogs needs.
      Just make sure it's the adult LEAN weight you're calculating. Most people have overweight dogs, many have obese dogs. Many vets think overweight is what the dog should look like.

Comment

Working...
      X