I feel like giving up ..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like giving up ..

I’m having so much trouble with weight loss, I know I know .. No scales right? I have an obsession. It wont budge … And the days it does I’m so ecstatic! The days it goes up, is well .. rather horrifying.
    I’m 19 and 134 pounds Mostly fat. OF course the scale yesterday said 130. At the start I weighed anywhere between 138-145 From say ... January to about now, But I’ve come down a lot from (when I was 14) weighing 200 pounds or so. That wasn’t a healthy loss though. I’ve been on and off primal for a while. I’ve officially stuck to it over a month.
    My diet consists of meats, Veggies, nuts, and water usually. I spice it up sometimes with special flowers. But I haven’t acceded 60 carbs at all. And they’re all healthy carbs. Granted I cannot afford grass fed meat all the time, I try my best. I sprint every other day or so, my lungs can only handle small bouts of sprinting a week. I do dancing, and lift weights.

I was 118 or so 10 months ago, I felt healthy and I felt good.
    I want to get back to that good feeling. I don’t even necessarily need to be 118 again, just have a better body composition. And feel good, but alas its February, Summer is almost here. I haven’t worn a bathing suit since I was 12… these things don’t happen overnight. I keep seeing people losing weight like *SNAP* What am I doing? "doesn't happen over night" This I know. But … What am I doing wrong….
    Last edited by Kattkovacs; 02-21-2012, 08:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    SW: 200
    GW: When I get there I will know
    CW: 121!!

What type of exercise are you doing besides sprinting?
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

It's not like *SNAP*. If you actually look closely, people are taking a very long time to lose the weight. For example, this one:
      The Weight Seemed to Just Shed Off Effortlessly | Mark's Daily Apple
      In one year she went from 177 to 138. That's about 40lbs. That's a lot of weight, but it's not super fast. From January until now you've lost anywhere from 8-15 pounds. That's way faster than her rate, which is less than 4lbs a month.
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Fernaldo View Post
        What type of exercise are you doing besides sprinting?

I use weights 5 pound, and incorporate them in dancing. Moving my arms up and down, squats, a lot of hip movement. And walking.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
          It's not like *SNAP*.
          I guess I get discouraged ... because recently the scale has not budged at all. I have a terrible time with my self esteem, and I get weary. Wondering constantly if I need to be doing something different. I am not exactly sure when I was 145, maybe two months ago, so I cant be to sure exactly how much has even been lost ..

Comment

Take your measurements if you can't ditch the scale. I thought I was in a plateau until I started taking my measurements and comparing. Only losing 1-2 lbs per week is a lot easier to swallow when you lose an entire inch off your waist and hips to go with it!
            I fluctuate weight constantly (as do all of us). I'm gaining 4 pounds, then losing 5, then gaining 3 , etc. all along the way, but the measurements keep shrinking and I don't flip out about the scale roller coaster.
            You may need to tweak some things, but you may just need to kick back and chill a little! Learn to be happy with the journey!
            You don't have to be sick to get better.
            Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
            Primal start: 1/2/2012
            My Primal Journal
            Living, loving and learning.

Comment

What sort of things should I
              "tweak"

Comment

Katt - how tall are you?

Also, to quote a famous dead guy: "Never, never, never give up."

Comment

Originally posted by Uppy View Post
                  Katt - how tall are you?

Winston Churchill

I am 5'5 or 5'4

Comment

Originally posted by Kattkovacs View Post
                    But … What am I doing wrong….
                    Oh I feel for you....I have been there where I wanted the results like NOW! I felt soooo helpless. It sucked! I can't tell you exactly what happened when I changed it around. I had alot of support and just accepted that the results were gonna be slow and that was ok.

I read The Beck Diet Solution. It helped. I was willing to do the work though.

I actually weighed myself everyday. I worked on letting go of the feelings I was feeling when I saw the number. Letting go can be difficult, it takes practice. I'm still weighing myself everyday and it's not messing me up.

I'm reading Change Anything by Kerry Patterson. It is teaching me how to not fall into the "willpower trap". It's not only about losing weight by the way.

All I have to say is you can stick with it and figure it out. Keep workin' at it. The weight will come off. I lost 10lbs in 10 weeks. So far so good.

Comment

What should I be switching around ... or doing different

Comment

Originally posted by Kattkovacs View Post
                        What sort of things should I
                        "tweak"
                        Well, a few possibilities you could play around with:

Take it easy on the nuts
                        Make sure you are getting enough healthy fat
                        If you are sprinting, dancing and lifting often, you may need some more carbs (primal ones, healthy ones, a fruit or sweet potato). Some peoples bodies like a little more carbs- you could try cycling them in on heavy workout days.
                        Also, you could be over doing the sprinting. Over-exercising ups your cortisol levels- which could stop your weight loss.
                        These are just suggestions thrown out there. In the end, you need to know your body. Find out what works for you. We don't know all the details of your life, and you do. Part of the journey is finding what makes your body happy.
                        You don't have to be sick to get better.
                        Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                        Primal start: 1/2/2012
                        My Primal Journal
                        Living, loving and learning.

Comment

Originally posted by Uppy View Post

oh and yes, definitely THIS! ^

Comment

I do consume a fair amount of nuts. I thought the lower the carbs the better! Maybe tomorrow when I work out I'll consume, no nutts and more veggies, with an apple. I meticulously count carbs.

Comment

Take photos to track transition. Then squat - get your legs lifting, deep and heavy.
                              Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                              PS
                              Don't forget to play!

Comment

Working...
                              X