No announcement yet.

I feel like giving up ..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to me that you are making good progress. Sprinting every other day seems extreme to me though. If you are truly sprinting all out, you'd not likely want to do it that often, nor would it be good to. It is very demanding and requires time for recovery. I think a better weight training plan is in order too. 5 pound DB's doing dance moves is cardio. You need to build some muscle which will greatly improve your metabolism. It will help change your body composition towards a leaner build. Weight training needs to be number one on the list. It is not secondary to cardio training as CW would have us believe all these years. It is essential to great health, vitality and longevity.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever Young View Post
      It seems to me that you are making good progress. Sprinting every other day seems extreme to me though. If you are truly sprinting all out, you'd not likely want to do it that often, nor would it be good to. It is very demanding and requires time for recovery. I think a better weight training plan is in order too. 5 pound DB's doing dance moves is cardio. You need to build some muscle which will greatly improve your metabolism. It will help change your body composition towards a leaner build. Weight training needs to be number one on the list. It is not secondary to cardio training as CW would have us believe all these years. It is essential to great health, vitality and longevity.
      thats good advise, try doing HIIT, google it or search MDA...but doing that only twice a week, it will take less time and should help out all aspects.

plus what kakes said. make sure to get enough fats, nuts while not bad aren't really great either, and if you can up your fats, lard/butter/coconut oil into your veggies and meats, it will keep you from feeling the need to snack. and try to add a sport, like disc golf or tennis...play time is a good time
      http://myquest4happiness.blogspot.com/
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread48307.html (journal)

Comment

Originally posted by Insane Grok View Post
        thats good advise, try doing HIIT, google it or search MDA...but doing that only twice a week, it will take less time and should help out all aspects.

plus what kakes said. make sure to get enough fats, nuts while not bad aren't really great either, and if you can up your fats, lard/butter/coconut oil into your veggies and meats, it will keep you from feeling the need to snack. and try to add a sport, like disc golf or tennis...play time is a good time

There are many different HIIT workouts, do these count as cardio? And what would you suggest I try
        SW: 200
        GW: When I get there I will know
        CW: 121!!

Comment

High intensity interval training is indeed cardio but it is also anaerobic at the same time. Believe me if you have the cardio conditioning to do 8-10 all out steep hill sprints, running a few miles at a slower pace will be like a walk in the park. Yes there are many variations of HIIT. Nothing IMO tops good ole sprinting. I see a pattern on this forum where people seem to be looking for any alternative they can find to actual all out sprinting. Why is this? I suspect in most cases its because it is so damned hard! There is a dread factor associated with it. The kind of experience where you can't help but think oh man I NEVER want to go through that again!! You see though, this is where the magic happens. Your body thinks the same thing and does what it has to do in order to better handle such a significantly stressful event, should it happen again. It releases human growth hormone which literally makes you biologically younger, i.e. stronger, leaner. It is like telling your body that it needs to be younger all the way to the deepest cellular level. Every cell of every organ is strengthened to help withstand such a stress the next time. Done too often the adaptive response is short circuited and burnout follows. Intensity levels drop as its impossible to go 100% all out unless properly recovered.

Again, I cannot stress enough the need to do some real old fashion weight training. If you did nothing else it should be that. Then sprinting would be a close second. Weight training is absolutely essential to good health, quality of life and longevity. It helps prevent diabetes, osteoporosis, cancer, heart disease and the list goes on and on. Build muscle!!!

Comment

Stop eating nuts, dairy and drastically reduce fruit if you want efficient weight loss.
            ad astra per aspera

Comment

Originally posted by TheFastCat View Post
              Stop eating nuts, dairy and drastically reduce fruit if you want efficient weight loss.
              OK, you are 5'4"- 5'5", and 130 lbs. You have fluctuated from 118-145 in the past recent times, with an all time max of 200.

You are WELL WITHIN the 'normal' weight for height. That means your body is probably pretty close to ideal. It sounds like you are wanting to work on your composition. So, perhaps a change in 'goals' is in line. Stop looking at the scale, and find some objective weight and fitness goals.

I want to be able to do 20 clean pushups
              I want to squat 30 lbs.
              I want to hold side plank for 60 seconds.

Focus on those goals, and your body composition will align. Also, you will have to be very clean and consistent with your diet to make changes if you are close to your ideal, or close to all time lowest weight. You will need time, consistency, and effort. It absolutely will not change overnight, or even in a few weeks. That being said, I think 15 lbs down in 6 weeks is amazing.

Above all, you might want to look around inside. Why are you more loveable, happier at 118? Really deep down, are you a 'better' person at 118? Why?

Comment

Working...
              X