No announcement yet.

Kerrygold Butter and other food treasures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lately i've been blending a knob of Kerrygold into my tea, my lord it's good!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

Venison is and has always been my absolute favorite meat. Rabbit is a close second. I grew up eating wild game though so maybe I am more accustomed to the taste than some.

Comment

Originally posted by ehanner View Post
        You can find Kerrygold in Milwaukee at Trader Joes for $2.79 for an 8 oz block. Or you can get it at Whole Foods for $5.something. As usual WF sets the bar high in price.
        My local Whole Foods has it for $2.79. That their every day price. Not a sale.

Comment

Originally posted by DaisyEater View Post
          Speaking of eggs, one of the things that changed about my tastes since going primal is that now I love runny yolks. I used to think they were icky. Now my favorite breakfast is eggs over easy. Still working on my flipping technique, though.

Most of the foods I eat are things I already enjoyed before. Big salads. Tons of veg. Meat and fish. I've mostly just eliminated the bad ones. There are a few foods I don't think I would've necessarily tried had I not gone primal:

Pork rinds with guacamole
          Cauliflower pizza
          Dehydrator veggie chips (zucchini, summer squash, kale)
          Anything cooked in animal fat. Sweet potatoes in goose fat is heavenly.
          My tip for ridiculously easy over easy eggs is this...Heat the pan to medium heat, add butter/coconut oil/ghee what have you, in the pan, let it melt...Add the eggs. Season them however you want, then put a lid on for 4 minutes...When 4 minutes is up....Perfect over easy eggs..

Works everytime for me.

My food treasure is, cutie oranges...Having had gastric bypass a few years ago, they are the only sort of oranges that I can reliably eat without it getting stuck. I can do 2 or 3 and be fine with em.

From a primal stand point....Sunflower butter...Holy bejeezus.
          Follow my blog where I discuss Primal Life post Gastric Bypass surgery and Barefoot/Minimalist running.

Comment

kerrygold is amazing. But coconut oil was life-altering. I make a vanilla coconut oil fudge that is just too good. It's the only thing I crave that I actually, physically, cannot binge on. I have never managed to eat a second piece because the CO is so satiating. It is the perfect treat.

Also, kale chips. I can totally binge on those (I have only ONCE managed to make a batch last more than 24 hours and that was only because I had already promised to bring it for potluck) but it's ok, they're leafy greens with bacon fat or olive oil!

Comment

Originally posted by BarefootPuffin View Post
              My tip for ridiculously easy over easy eggs is this...Heat the pan to medium heat, add butter/coconut oil/ghee what have you, in the pan, let it melt...Add the eggs. Season them however you want, then put a lid on for 4 minutes...When 4 minutes is up....Perfect over easy eggs..

Works everytime for me.

My food treasure is, cutie oranges...Having had gastric bypass a few years ago, they are the only sort of oranges that I can reliably eat without it getting stuck. I can do 2 or 3 and be fine with em.

From a primal stand point....Sunflower butter...Holy bejeezus.
              Thanks for the advice in eggs. I will try that next time. I've been playing with fried egg technique for a long time now and still haven't found an absolutely fool-proof method for whites that don't break apart and runny yolks. Still hit-or-miss for me.

I'm not so sure sunflower butter would be considered Primal. Mark is pretty hard on sunflower oil in this post: Healthy Oils | Mark's Daily Apple

I guess some is OK in moderation, and the butter is better than the oil, but I would still limit it.

Comment

sakura_girl. My brother told me that the gamey taste has something to do with how the meat is processed. He said to lose the gamey flavor, you need to hang the deer in a cold room (garage in winter for us in VA) for a couple days before getting the meat processed. He said if you process it right away, it tends to be gamier and not so terrific. He's a big vension guy so I just hit him up for some. He said it's been so warm he hasn't even bothered this year because of the gamey-ness. May want to ask about that and give it another shot.

Comment

Originally posted by amdws1234 View Post
                  sakura_girl. My brother told me that the gamey taste has something to do with how the meat is processed. He said to lose the gamey flavor, you need to hang the deer in a cold room (garage in winter for us in VA) for a couple days before getting the meat processed. He said if you process it right away, it tends to be gamier and not so terrific. He's a big vension guy so I just hit him up for some. He said it's been so warm he hasn't even bothered this year because of the gamey-ness. May want to ask about that and give it another shot.
                  When I kill a deer if the weather is cool enough I'll let it hang for a good week before butchering.

Comment

in Milwaukee ..

TJ - $2.79 8 ounces
                    WF - $4.99 8 ounces

i love WF, but hate the prices.. i only buy a few things there
                    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

Just got back from TJs~ bought Kerrygold butter, grass fed sharp cheddar from New Zealand and EVOO from Spain~ oh yeah, and two buck chuck!

Comment

Talk to me about this kerrygold butter, i haven't found it around here yet, only their cheeses. I buy amish butter from a farmers market, is it basically the same shit? kerrygold better? or should I stick with my amish butter roles?

Comment

Hard to explain~ I grew up in Minnesota (dairy state) In the spring, when the snow was gone, the cows were put out to pasture~ you could taste the difference in the milk and butter. Kerrygold tastes like that first spring butter from my childhood~

Comment

Lambs liver, YUM!!!

Comment

Originally posted by amdws1234 View Post
                              Sorry I may have misrepresented my grammar in what I said. I love the gamey taste, which is why I love grass-fed beef, elk, and ostrich. I don't like the venison taste because of its own...venison-y taste XD
                              My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by andwe'removingon View Post
                                kerrygold is amazing. But coconut oil was life-altering. I make a vanilla coconut oil fudge that is just too good. It's the only thing I crave that I actually, physically, cannot binge on. I have never managed to eat a second piece because the CO is so satiating. It is the perfect treat.
                                Recipe, where is the recipe!??
                                Odille
                                F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
                                following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X