Clear All

Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    Beef Heart...
    +1

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
      Beef Heart...
      +2

Not only is it as very tasty, but when trimmed properly it has a great texture and is probably THE leanest cut of beef, which has made it a post-workout staple for me. That and the fact that it's only 1.99/lb, making it one of the cheapest cuts of beef too.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
        Kerrygold is available at trader joes but I also found it at shoprite though for some reason it was with the gourmet cheeses not with the butters.
        they make a grass fed, 2 year old cheddar too. i just tried it for the first time, and it kicks ass.
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Yeah, I find the kerrygold in the gourmet cheese dept too.

I found the pemmican at US Wellness Meats. It's not properly made, must be kept frozen, but it lasts long enough for several days backpacking. I think it tastes like meat butter. I would really like to try heart. I ate the heart from the duck I cooked and thought it was tasty.
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by touchdowntodd View Post
            i need to find kerry gold in milwaukee
            I know inventory can vary from store to store but my Costco carries it.

Comment

I've never had Kerrygold butter, but I'm mad at myself for not buying it at Trader Joe's this past weekend. Kroger (local supermarket here) sells it for almost $6. TJ's had it for $2.79.

I never would have discovered how versatile cauliflower can be if it weren't for changing my diet like I have.

Comment

I recently discovered Bubbies sauerkraut - awesome appetizer straight out of the jar!
                ad astra per aspera

Comment

You can find Kerrygold in Milwaukee at Trader Joes for $2.79 for an 8 oz block. Or you can get it at Whole Foods for $5.something. As usual WF sets the bar high in price.

Comment

coconut oil, cauliflower, grass fed beef in whatever configuration and cut it comes in. delish

Comment

I still can't believe Canada has NO distributors of ANY grass-fed butter
                      A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

I discovered Kerrygold Dubliner cheese last night, how awesome is that? pretty fucking awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by cave-e8r View Post
                          I discovered Kerrygold Dubliner cheese last night, how awesome is that? pretty fucking awesome.
                          Dubliner and Ballyshannon are both amazing

Comment

Grass-fed beef and butter. The grain-fed version tastes really disgusting now.

Now that my meat is more expensive, I'm more willing to spend the $$ on more expensive exotic meats because they're not that much more expensive than my regular meat, lol. So far I've tried ostrich, elk, and venison. Ugh on the last one.
                            My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

I'll have to track down some Ballyshannon and try it. Sakura_girl, ugh on venison? I love the stuff. I'm having venison steaks for dinner tonight. I'll probably melt some dubliner over it with sautéed mushrooms and onions.

Comment

Yeah, not very partial to the taste. I thought I would have liked it, but it has its own flavor apart from other gamey meats that I don't like Pity.
                                My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Working...
                                X