No announcement yet.

male pattern baldness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have thought about this for a while... and I have no evidence to support my imagination on this topic nor have I ever read of it being asserted elsewhere ... however it seems to me that one advantage to going bald is more exposure to sunlight hence vitamin D production. Or to work it backwards, is MPB a sex linked evolutionary advantage? And as some women have it also is there a shared trait et cetera. Clearly men who do not lose their hair are a minority. Do they need less vitamin D? Is there a fluctuating need for more vitamin D that coincides with the onset of MPB? Maybe it is not vitamin D at all but some other need or state that more sun exposure attends.

(Also how do we get our photo to appear on our posts?)

Comment

Originally posted by Green Deane View Post
      (Also how do we get our photo to appear on our posts?)
      Forum actions/general settings/edit avatar

Comment

My husband started balding at age 17 and has been shaving his head since he was 21. He looks much better with a shaved head.

On the other hand, due to hormonal issues, I was diagnosed with male pattern baldness in 2007. I keep my hair short and am actually considering a hair transplant. I do have some hair on top, just not what I had 12-15 years ago.
        Georgette

Comment

Thanks...

Comment

One thing that bugs me; why do women assume they're the only reason men care about having hair? I couldn't care less if every woman in the world preferred bald men, I like my hair, regardless if a million bogus randomized studies claim that women don't care about it.

Regarding vitamin d, it won't cure or halt hair loss, though the vitamin d receptors could be a therapeutic target, if one is deficient anyway. Plenty of people get plenty of vitamin d, and go bald. There are many theories regarding hair loss, it's a multiple factor puzzle.

The craziest theory is regarding homeless people, vitamin d, and hair lol, but I think homeless people are enlightened in some way, and probably have less stress in their lives oddly enough.
            Make America Great Again

Comment

@Derpamix, from what I've seen, most men don't look at hair loss as not being able to attract women, it's an age issue. Women don't care if you're bald or have a head full of hair. We just don't want come over.
              Georgette

Comment

Working...
              X