Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't care about helping others anymore!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Penady View Post
    I guess the difference is that people can make poor educated choices, not poor uneducated choices.
    Does that make sense?
    Makes total sense. One of my biggest pet peeves in this world is deliberate ignorance. I love knowledge, CRAVE knowledge, especially from novel points of view or differing ideas. That's how I grow as a person. Some people are just not open to novelty. In order to stay sane, I have to accept that about some people. And it will take a while to overcome the CW...look how long that stuff has been preached, it's not going away anytime soon. Educate the ones open to the experience and wait patiently for the rest (or as patiently as you can). Hopefully, they'll come around.[/QUOTE]

Oh, now I can relate to that. I once heard that a working definition of stupid is "a refusal to learn something that is directly beneficial to you."
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

I do have a friend who goes to the gym, has a personal trainer, and he's been trying to lose weight. I had laid off workingout for a number of years and started back up because my blood pressure was up. My doc, who is now paleo too, said to me "you know what to do. Get back in shape and drop the weight." So that's what I did. In the process I discovered paleo/primal and the more I dug into the science research underlying it the more it made sense to me. Bottom line is I've leaned out while my friend wasn't. He's now gone paleo/primal is telling me it's working for him. He's since dropped over 20lbs.
      Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

I'll tell people who've noticed how I've changed about the PB if they ask but in general I don't bother. I'm dead inside I guess.

Comment

I'm with ya OP. I stopped telling people because they never listened and I just got tired of being ignored basically.
          My DH has a friend that has been trying to get in to shape. We told them (he and his wife) about Primal and how we lost weight doing it etc etc. They seemed interested, but yeah, it was all for show. Doesn't help that his wife wants to be a pastry chef and 100% buys in to the CW.

And then a SiL... she's pretty overweight and has asked me multiple times about Primal. I tell her every time what it's like, and that once you start, it's really not that difficult, especially if you're not super strict (which DH and I aren't).
          The info doesn't even make it in to one ear. She hears the "no wheat, no grains" comment and just totally shuts me out. And sure enough, she's still big and unhappy while she stuffs crap in to her body.

It just gets to the point where you care, but don't care any longer. You don't want to see the people you love unhappy with themselves, but when they totally ignore any and all advice... you just can't help but say F- it.
          DD born August 2012
          TTC #2
          SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
          CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
          Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
          Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

Comment

Working...
          X