Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Peeps...Whats your latest purchase?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Peeps...Whats your latest purchase?

merkur razor
    colonel conk brush
    colonel conk stand
    proraso shaving cream

....oh so close shave.

Primal (2013)
    Locavore (locally grown foods when possible)
    Training consists of Muay Thai, BJJ, weight training, and mountain biking

Would like to be in good shape by my 36th Birthday (07-07-2013)

Not my pic, but I picked one up from the local HEB.

Primal (2013)

Comment

Bottle of 2004 Silver Oak Napa Valley Cab. Amazing bottle of wine.
      My Leangains Journey

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

Comment

I just bought a cup of coffee...not too exciting I guess.

Oh, and a couple of pairs of pants since LA Police Gear had a sale woot woot.

Comment

Originally posted by raptoryell View Post
          merkur razor
          colonel conk brush
          colonel conk stand
          proraso shaving cream

....oh so close shave.

You don't need any of that. If you shower regularly (can't be that primal really, but necessary to fit in...) afterwards you can shave with hot water from the hot tap, alone. Your face will feel better, you will get a better shave and your razor will last longer. Mine last disposable razor lasted about four years.

Shaving foam is a total con. No man needs it. Nor shampoo. You can just rub your hair under the shower and it is just as good and preserves your hair's natural oils will keeping your hair clean.

Comment

Quarter of a pound of Doux de Montagne cheese from my new, local cheese shop - it's made with raw milk and is really, really delicious!

Comment

I bought two 2 fat steaks (like rib eye or t bone, marbled and on the bone. Not sure which cut) and a quail for my daughter, as being 3 she likes to refuse beef (not always) but loves poultry, an otherwise would live of bread, pasta and honey.

Comment

I'll give the hot water a try for the shave....I sometimes use a little baby oil with a few drops of olive oil. Like a homemade shave oil.
                As far as the shampoo goes, I'll stick with my Dr. Bronners (Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps All-One!) for hair and body. I follow up with a splash of distilled white vinegar on the head afterwards. then rinse.

Originally posted by billp View Post
                Shaving foam is a total con. No man needs it. Nor shampoo. You can just rub your hair under the shower and it is just as good and preserves your hair's natural oils will keeping your hair clean.
                Primal (2013)

Comment

Nice....went to the store down the street and grabbed one of these to keep at work.
                  Primal (2013)

Comment

Two chunks of salmon, some chicken and bacon.

Then it'll be train tickets. Not too exciting, considering it's the commuter train.
                    Down from 275 to 250!
                    Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
                    Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

Comment

Yesterday I bought two organic duck legs. Only to go to bed with a bad migraine when they were ready, I couldn't even stand the smell... (good that I don't get migraine that often now!) Had leftovers today with my salad, delicious!

Last week I bought a copy of "The Primal Solution" for my ebook reader, and I have almost finished reading it.
                      Turnstone's world - not really a journal...

Comment

Originally posted by billp View Post
                        You don't need any of that. If you shower regularly (can't be that primal really, but necessary to fit in...) afterwards you can shave with hot water from the hot tap, alone. Your face will feel better, you will get a better shave and your razor will last longer. Mine last disposable razor lasted about four years.
                        You must have very soft facial hair, not be prone to ingrown hairs, be okay with a lot of tugging and uncomfortable shaves, or produce a ton of oil. Even using feather blades on a DE safety razor, I have to replace the blades at least once a week. With no shaving soap I get tons of irritation despite using witch-hazel afterwards.

Next you'll be telling us that cold-water shaving is THE BEST THING EVER!

Shaving foam is a total con.
                        Shaving foam? Maybe. You can use a shaving soap. Some people like the pre-shave/shaving oils as well as lather-less creams.
                        Prodistat
                        Poke it quickly, with a stick.

Comment

I bought:
                          2 pork chops, a rib eye, a pound of ground beef, some chicken quarters, a pack of bacon, a dozen eggs, a slab of a 7 year aged cheddar and some goat cheese.

For my "diet"... that is going to cause me to have to go buy new clothes soon.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Groceries... Meat, veg, eggs, goldfish crackers (for my son). Why is beef so GD expensive?!?! I live in Texas, shouldn't it be free? At the store, the cashiers always comment on all of the vegetables I buy... while most of them are as big as a house.

Comment

I bought 3 clamp lights and grow bulbs for starting seeds indoors this year. They haven't come in yet, Amazon. And a slab of green marble, which I pick up tomorrow, and four casters for a dresser I'm redoing. I still need to buy the paint, which I haven't decided on just yet, I want to have the marble here when I decide, and the pulls.
                              Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Working...
                              X