No announcement yet.

Emotional Release Following Exercise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've gone home feeling high as a kite after an intense WOD.

It's normal. A little weird, but normal

sb, fuck 'em! Kill it at the gym! You ain't no old lady. PFFFFFFT.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

My gym is on a college campus. I'm surrounded by 20-year-olds.
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

So fine, be the (comparably) old lady. Be the kick-ass old lady! Own it!

Patski: I totally get what you are saying. I am still fairly new to Crossfit, but I always feel incredible afterwards. Like, alarmingly so. In a good way. I've always heard that exercise is a stress reliever but I've never felt it so literally than recently. I've gone into a WOD angry or upset a couple of times now and walked out right as rain with a whole new perspective on whatever was bothering me.

Comment

I read what I wrote again. It came out wrong. What I meant to say was that after I did the pullups, I had this urge to cry for no apparent reason. I wasn't sad or anything. Since I was the oldest woman in the whole gym I wondered if I was the only one to feel that way. Sometimes I think that because I've lived so much damn life sometimes that things affect me in ways that might be a little weird.

As for calling myself an old lady, I like to do that because I'm older than I look. I think most people think I'm in my 30s. I like to blow their minds.
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
          X