Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smarties Sandwiches and the School Lunch Gestapo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Libertarian monomaniacs merely take universal morality (the golden rule) to its logical conclusion. They need to read Nietzsche and Redbeard and learn why the golden rule is wrong.
    Ye shall know them by their fruits.

    Comment


    • I can't help but wonder if the conversation would be improved by everyone looking up the definition of "persona." Notkiddingseriously.

      Though I feel the need to side with the perso.... er, with Grok.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gottaluvalab View Post
        I can't help but wonder if the conversation would be improved by everyone looking up the definition of "persona."
        I've actually been wondering about that. I'll just leave it alone from now on. Or at least I will try
        Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

        http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jammies View Post
          I've actually been wondering about that. I'll just leave it alone from now on. Or at least I will try
          I think I'm beginning to understand.

          Becoming self-aware means you understand that you need to subjugate yourself to a higher authority like a church or a state.

          Am I getting it?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gottaluvalab View Post
            I can't help but wonder if the conversation would be improved by everyone looking up the definition of "persona." .
            And with that in mind, I must say to Grok....well played sir, well played.
            Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

            http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jammies View Post
              Grok, can you not see that I am trying to have a conversation with you about how your mind is working? I don't want to discuss government or politics.

              Have you ever tried to read any books about self-awareness? Understanding how and why we think the things we do? It can really change your perspective on things.
              The thing is, when it is kookiness about something you basically don't agree with, it is very easy to fall into the trap of thinking someone is crazy and medicalizing it. But when you basically agree with the underlying view, then its a lovable eccentricity. Holding strong opinions is definitely not crazy.

              Now, I basically agree with Grok, but I don't get wound up about it. I emigrated. When its in a different language it is much easier to ignore, plus you get that smug feeling of watching your own country go to hell exactly as you predicted but it not affecting you.

              Grok, you remind me of me a few years ago obsessing about parking and smoking restrictions, and speed cameras. You probably need to spend some time working abroad. Thailand is fun. (You have no idea how liberating it is to watch people bike off from the pub rolling drunk with no helmet nor legal consequences, and if someone gets themselves stupidly killed it is Fate.) From a vantage point in a more sensible country you can laugh when your countrymen do something crazy, rather than feel oppressed by it. It is ultimately very difficult for one man to change the world anyway, and people are universally hard to convince about anything. Better to step over it.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by billp View Post
                You probably need to spend some time working abroad. Thailand is fun. (You have no idea how liberating it is to watch people bike off from the pub rolling drunk with no helmet nor legal consequences, and if someone gets themselves stupidly killed it is Fate.) From a vantage point in a more sensible country you can laugh when your countrymen do something crazy, rather than feel oppressed by it. It is ultimately very difficult for one man to change the world anyway, and people are universally hard to convince about anything. Better to step over it.
                Yeah, this is probably some good advice. I have never been outside the country.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Grok View Post
                  Yeah, this is probably some good advice. I have never been outside the country.
                  Then what are you waiting for, old man? Get your passport and go. Heaps of backpacker hostels, ATM cards work as normal, fantastic food, rent a motorbike, drink ten beers, grab a bar girl (*cough* cheap whore, *cough*) for the back of the bike and swerve off merrily into the sunset. Money goes ten times further there and for reasons I can't entirely explain there are cultural differences that work greatly to the benefit of scruffy white blokes. Laos is even better, because it is cheaper than Thailand and even more fun.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X