Sh!t Crossfitters Say

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sh!t Crossfitters Say

I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Lol. Ok honest question...why do people do Crossfit? Get bigger muscles, get stronger, lose weight, or simply survive something that would kill others?

Comment

lol not sure i just like the 'shit people say' videos that are all the craze right now and found this one. this doesn't strike me as funny as the other ones like shit girls say , or shit body builders say
      I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Comment

That was actually pretty good. I laughed.

Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
        Lol. Ok honest question...why do people do Crossfit?
        It's effective and it's fun.

Comment

Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
          Lol. Ok honest question...why do people do Crossfit? Get bigger muscles, get stronger, lose weight, or simply survive something that would kill others?
          Because it's trendy.

That's all I can figure. It says "I have enough money to do Crossfit."

Comment

Because not puking during the WOD makes me feel like a goddess

But seriously, for me, in some ways it's a substitute for the intensity of the TKD dojang I used to be with--it has a similar combination of camaraderie and determination and requires a similar level of insanity. I also find the class structure keeps me dedicated to attending, and I think it's pretty fun too.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Funny video

I love crossfit because its probably the only group gym thing I have ever enjoyed in my adult years. I grew up doing martial arts and it reminds me of that quite a bit. Maybe its because I live in a small suburban town, the number of soccer moms and 40+ yr old cube workers far far outnumber the young buff crossfit obsessed ones. Most are just laid back folks looking for a good workout in a short period of time.

What sucks though is my adrenal fatigue history cannot handle the CF workouts at this time. I have been relegated back to yoga and walking again
              Erin
              Daily Vlogs
              Primal Pets Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                Because it's trendy.

That's all I can figure. It says "I have enough money to do Crossfit."
                Well that's rude.

Originally posted by Sihana
                weakness is not tolerated -- I Hear this often when I ask why they do crossfit.
                I've never heard that in the two years I've been frequenting Crossfit gyms. Are you sure you hear that "often"?

Comment

Originally posted by deepglades View Post
                  Well that's rude.
                  You pay over $100 per month to use a pullup bar, medicine balls, kettlebells and barbells, which every gym already has.
                  You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                    You pay over $100 per month to use a pullup bar, medicine balls, kettlebells and barbells, which every gym already has.
                    Nope that's not right either. There is even more equipment than that. Plus I have three coaches that are practically personal trainers. I cant really put a price tag on that considering they are there for me 7 days a week. It goes well beyond the work out of the day too. We have three locations and each location hosts different seminars and clinics on skills, lifting, diet, etc. All of our coaches are certified in many areas of fitness not to mention nice and friendly. The value is actually a great deal when you take the entire experience into consideration and at $6 a day... c'mon. It's been nothing but a positive experience for me personally.

I went to "every gym" first, and wow did they have a ton of equipment and machines... and I didn't have clue of what to do or how to use it. They were nice enough to offer me some very expensive personal training though.

Back when I was overweight and lazy, I spent a lot of time playing video games and hanging out on video game message boards. I thought a message board about diet, fitness, and lifestyle would be a better place to spend some time and learn, but there is just as much baseless shit talking here as there is there. Kinda wierd.

Comment

Its funny how folks always mention crossfit as being super expensive and you can put in a pull up bar at home, blah blah blah. Same goes for a kettle bell class, spin bike, you can even do aerobics, yoga, zumba, all that to a DVD at home. Some folks prefer working out in a group with encouragement, one on one instruction, motivation help, etc. Some folks prefer working out on a budget at home.

To each his own...but definitely no reason to single out crossfit as a 'waste of money'. Working out should be fun, the play aspect Mark recommends. Find your muse when it comes to physical activity and embrace it, enjoy it, and know that whatever you do is not necessarily what others will find fun, and vice versa.
                      Erin
                      Daily Vlogs
                      Primal Pets Blog

Comment

I also don't see the "weakness is not tolerated" aspect that was suggested in this thread. My gym has folks of all ability levels, and they do the workouts scaled to their ability. Everyone is supportive of people's efforts, regardless of whether they're doing the WOD as Rx'd or scaled down to an unweighted bar (or whatever). When I see the new woman at our gym who's using the heaviest resistance band we have to assist her pullups and does pushups on her knees, I see she's working her hardest and I admire her for that.

I like the community and the coaching. If I'm left to my own schedule, I end up slacking off. I like the coaching support--I've lifted way heavier than I thought I could because we have a coach who believes in my strength and pushes me to add five more pounds to the bar. For me, it's worth the money to have that support because otherwise I'd probably be one of those people with a gym membership gathering dust in her wallet.
                        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Also, I'm a full-time student, so setting aside the money for CF means sacrifice in other areas like going out to dinner and so on. For me, the tradeoff is worthwhile and is definitely not anything to do with trying to show someone I'm some rich chick who can afford to be trendy.

Owly's Journal

Comment

I'm sure CrossFit is fine for those working on their endurance potential despite the risks mentioned by Mark and others regarding marathon training and the actual adverse effects such may have on heart health, hormones, etc. I get the impression the primal fitness regimen has more to do with "bursts" of energy and performance ability, not long sustained workouts. Also, I read Mercola's newsletter, and despite the fact that he's always selling something the logic behind Peak Fitness workouts seem pretty sound (compared to Crossfit).

Comment

Originally posted by DanielP View Post
                              I'm sure CrossFit is fine for those working on their endurance potential despite the risks mentioned by Mark and others regarding marathon training and the actual adverse effects such may have on heart health, hormones, etc. I get the impression the primal fitness regimen has more to do with "bursts" of energy and performance ability, not long sustained workouts. Also, I read Mercola's newsletter, and despite the fact that he's always selling something the logic behind Peak Fitness workouts seem pretty sound (compared to Crossfit).
                              Crossfit is not marathon training and rarely is there any long sustained workouts.

Mark on Crossfit:
                              P90X and CrossFit | Mark's Daily Apple
                              (I agree with just about everything he says both positive and negative)

Comment

Working...
                              X