Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Chicken" nuggets the only thing eaten for 15 years??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Chicken" nuggets the only thing eaten for 15 years??

A friend shared this article with me and I was appalled. She just LOOKS ill.

Talk about avoiding poisonous things... can't wait for "nutritionists" to villify the fat content.

Anyone else have snarky input/admonishments? I have so much, my brain can't process it fast enough.

That's some awesome parenting right there...
    Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
    CW - 60kg / 132lb
    GW - 60kg / 132lb

Comment

Originally posted by Athanasey View Post
      That's some awesome parenting right there...
      I was gonna say. It always amazes me when parents say "it's all my kid will eat". At age two did she drive herself down to McDonalds at buy them herself?
      Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

i wondered when someone would post that story! i'm wondering if there's some kinda crazy chemical in those things - whenever you hear about someone freaking out at mcdonald's, it seems like it's about an order of chicken nuggets!

Comment

I am wrong for being amused with how she is posing with the nuggets, the McD's sign, and all those little toys? It's almost like, "Look at all these fun things that are killing me! Woot woot!" And it's a good indicator that food intake =/= appearance. If I saw that girl walking down the street I wouldn't think, "Damn, I bet all she eats is deep fried chicken nuggets."

Comment

There's some disease... forgive me but I can't think of the name right now... where people only eat one thing (or a select few items). I think there's a TV show about it.

I actually thought she looked pretty good for someone who only eats chicken nuggets and fries. I have a friend who goes to McDs all the time and orders two Big Macs with a SIDE of 20 chicken nuggets. Now HE looks like hell.
            Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
            Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

Comment

yeah i've heard of that disorder, i think. I remember reading about some guy who would ONLY eat mac n cheese & like 2 other things. I think his excuse was that he was a super taster so he could only eat certain things? IDK. just vague memories of something i read on the interwebby.

yeah i thought Miss McNuggets looked pretty good considering her food choice. However, I looked pretty skinny too at that age eating mall chinese food, pizza, diet coke & wrigley's gum.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine View Post
                yeah i've heard of that disorder, i think. I remember reading about some guy who would ONLY eat mac n cheese & like 2 other things. I think his excuse was that he was a super taster so he could only eat certain things? IDK. just vague memories of something i read on the interwebby.

yeah i thought Miss McNuggets looked pretty good considering her food choice. However, I looked pretty skinny too at that age eating mall chinese food, pizza, diet coke & wrigley's gum.
                I've heard of super-tasters as well, but I think it's far less prevalent than people making excuses for their shitty diets.
                Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Yeah the show on TV is called Freaky Eaters. It's a real problem, one of the guys on it had to cover everything in maple syrup, another guy could only eat fries, but there was one about a woman who couldn't help tasting powdered detergent all the time (obviously dangerous).

One day I was reading a zero-carb forum (prompted by a post in the 'blog topic' area here) and there was a thread about a Freaky Eaters episode where the guy would only eat meat (which the zero carbers did not think was appropriately called 'freaky').

Comment

My uncle has eaten nothing but Wendy's hamburgers, dry, with grape soda for at least 3 or 4 decades. I think he eats potato chips, too.
                    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sjmc View Post
                      Yeah the show on TV is called Freaky Eaters. It's a real problem, one of the guys on it had to cover everything in maple syrup,
                      ?

damn dude. i dont know how that chick did it. i loved those nuggets, but they hella made me sick once and I havent eaten them since. lol the article states that chicken nuggets and fries supply enough vitamin c

Comment

Makes me think of a Jerry Clower story

A boy walks up on another boy and his dog, the dog is eating turnip greens. First boy says "My dog won't eat turnip greens", second boy said, "Mine wouldn't either for 3 weeks."
                        I'm not saying starve the girl, but I'm a parent and bribery is a tried and true method of negotiation learned quickly after the first child is born.
                        If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

for me, i get frustrated when parents say "but it's all s/he will eat" and so they indulge it. for the child, it is simply a development of will. instead of fighting it (bribery/fighting) or giving in (yes, eat only chicken nuggets, i'll provide!), you simply offer food and the child chooses to eat or not.

for a child not to eat for a day or two (which rarely happens) -- it isn't the end of the world. it is fine, truly.

one of my friends has a daughter who at the age of two would only eat gummies (bears, fish, worms, whatever). she just kept saying "but she won't eat!" *eventually* the child will eat. just stop giving in.

i'm not quite sure why this isn't common knowledge or practice. it's a bit confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                            for me, i get frustrated when parents say "but it's all s/he will eat" and so they indulge it. for the child, it is simply a development of will. instead of fighting it (bribery/fighting) or giving in (yes, eat only chicken nuggets, i'll provide!), you simply offer food and the child chooses to eat or not.

for a child not to eat for a day or two (which rarely happens) -- it isn't the end of the world. it is fine, truly.

one of my friends has a daughter who at the age of two would only eat gummies (bears, fish, worms, whatever). she just kept saying "but she won't eat!" *eventually* the child will eat. just stop giving in.

i'm not quite sure why this isn't common knowledge or practice. it's a bit confusing.
                            THIS!

Seriously. Just keep offering a wide variety of healthy food options... the kid will throw a few fits then get hungry and eat.
                            If I had a kid that threw fits that gummies were all they ever wanted to eat at age two... I would make damn sure that she didn't even see a gummy, much less taste one for a few years.

These same parents don't know why their 15 yr old flat out tells them to "F'off" when they try to set rules and boundaries that are appropriate at that age too...
                            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post

I think some parents are afraid of being accused of abuse because the child won't eat~ or they really don't know how to be *in charge* ~ butted heads a couple of times with my children (when they were little) and grandchildren~ told them I wouldn't fight over food~ if they didn't want to eat (the good stuff) they didn't have to~ if they weren't hungry, they weren't hungry. but that included not hungry for junk food either.

Comment

Working...
                              X