Your Abs On Cheese

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Abs On Cheese

I'm not sure if this is posted somewhere else but it pissed me off.

Did These Anti-Cheese Billboards Go Too Far? - Weight Loss Center - Everyday Health
    ~Sandy

The average American now eats 1/2 lb of sugar per day - 15% of total calories, and another 7% or so from soybean oil (sometimes sold as "vegetable oil"), a substance that did not exist in 1970. That's a quarter of your daily calories from inflammatory GM PUFA and sugar.
    That might have a bit more to do with obesity rates than 33 lb of cheese per person per year. I ate cheese all through my weight loss period, though I did cut it back substantially.
    Those ads make about as much sense as invading Iraq in revenge for 911.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

while it may not be 100% teh reason for being fat etc ... i still agree with the subject ...

even though farmers are in my family every generation behind me, as humans we have no business with cow puss in any form
      started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

Originally posted by touchdowntodd View Post
        even though farmers are in my family every generation behind me, as humans we have no business with cow puss in any form
        I totally agree, unless you meant pus, not puss. Two entirely different things.
        People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Cow's milk isn't pus anymore than human milk is pus. I think whole, raw, grassfed milk is a healthy (though not necessary) addition to a diet.
          ~Sandy

Comment

Cheese doesn't do that. Sugar and white flour does that.
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

If this dude's drinking cow pus, his supplier is milking a cow with mastitis, and should be shut down.
              Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
              Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
              Current weight: 210.8 lbs
              Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
              ChooseMyPlate

Comment

Originally posted by IcarianVX View Post
                I totally agree, unless you meant pus, not puss. Two entirely different things.
                rofl =D
                If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Actually, any animal with a tongue will drink cow milk with abandon because it's packed with nutrition. If cats had opposable thumbs, they would be out there a-milking all day long.

Question for the milk-is-poison crowd: If all the rest of the cow is tasty and healthy, why then is the milk, which is designed to be nutritious, so wrong to enjoy? Simply because it's renewable and "neolithic"?
                  I mean, "cow milk isn't designed for human consumption" - well, filet mignon isn't designed for human consumption either.
                  If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

I must say that i am not a fan of the puss... but i love cheese

Comment

Originally posted by tfarny View Post
                      Actually, any animal with a tongue will drink cow milk with abandon because it's packed with nutrition. If cats had opposable thumbs, they would be out there a-milking all day long.

Cats get the runs from cow's milk and kittens can die from the complications from that. It's not like on T.V. - in real life, their stomachs can't handle it all that well and most cats are lactose intolerant.

Just because something tastes good, or has good vitamins/nutrients in it - doesn't mean that every organism can or should be ingesting it.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                        Cheese doesn't do that. Sugar and white flour does that.
                        I believe ive read some things to the effect that dairy, even fermented hard cheeses, do mess around with insulin levels, but not nearly to the level that carbs do. Basically I found that some weeks when I ate a lot of cheese or yogurt I didnt lose as much weight as weeks where I didnt have any at all. I think one would have to eat a lot, lot of cheese regularly to start putting weight ON with it, and honestly as much as I like cheese, i cant stomach that much of it anymore. A few slices/squares and im good.
                        "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

Originally posted by tfarny View Post

Question for the milk-is-poison crowd: If all the rest of the cow is tasty and healthy, why then is the milk, which is designed to be nutritious, so wrong to enjoy? Simply because it's renewable and "neolithic"?
                          I mean, "cow milk isn't designed for human consumption" - well, filet mignon isn't designed for human consumption either.
                          I agree there is a place for good milk in out diet, but surely after all the time you have been on this forum / living primal you know the range of scientific arguments against milk, - not just the neolithic idea?!
                          www.beatingorthorexia.co.uk

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Comment

You eat so little cheese? I must have about 800g per week. Perfect way to finish a meal is with red wine and cheese. Chock full of Vitamin K
                            Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Though I agree cheese may not be the best thing for you, I highly doubt the people on the billboard got that way from eating super clean... except for cheese. That looks more like a Little Debbie belly and Krispy Kreme thighs.

Yeah, I know dairy isn't optimal, but I've also found there's a huge difference between cheese and straight milk. When I drink milk, I crave it and end up binging on it. When I was pregnant (20 years ago) I literally drank a gallon a day. As much as I love cheese, it's just doesn't give me the same kind of reaction as milk.
                              Durp.

Comment

Working...
                              X