The Feminization of Males

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaisyEater View Post
    I really get upset with how the modern sitcoms and such seem to always portray Dad as a complete and utter moron that wouldn't have the sense to pull his own ass out of a fire. He's belittled by his wife and his children who just shake their heads at him knowingly. After all, what can you expect from him? Everyone knows men are clueless, right?

And people justify this junk because, in previous generations, popular culture so often used to portray women as the foolish and helpless ones so, somehow, turnabout is fair play. My little nephews aren't viewing this shit through the lens of media history. They're just being told that they're innately inferior. That and kids being rude, disrespectful little snots is inherently funny, but that's another rant. You really don't want to get me going.
    I actually would like to get you going, it sounds like it would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Winterbike View Post
      I think this could be a very interesting topic if we stay out of the whole ''what constitutes a manly man'' debate, especially if we focus on the biological aspects, like the diminishing fertility rates and testosterone levels in males in the last 50-60 years.

It starts to get preoccupying when your average 20 years old guy has no jaw, the muscle mass of an anemic tortoise and more interest in videogames than hot girls because of testosterone levels lower than those of a dead possum. You see a lot of those walking around on a college campus these days.

If anyone has good scientific info on the subject, it would really be appreciated!

Edit: this is a good example of what I was talking about (Japanese youth losing interest in sex)

Government Says Young Japanese Losing Sex Drive | MedIndia
      Ahhh... exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
        no, you're missing it.

you have to ask what kind of attitude originates the rising intonation. then think about this atitude.

this is one side of the coin i threw on the table earlier in this thread, which is that whether a male is a man is determined by how he sees the world.
        I think if you have to constantly ponder what it is to be a man instead of just having natural self assurance and being yourself, you're faking it... as my very naturally manly hubby from New Jersey would say, "Knock it off and quit trying so hard. It reads as overcompensation", LOL!
        http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by hazyjane View Post
          I think if you have to constantly ponder what it is to be a man instead of just having natural self assurance and being yourself, you're faking it... as my very naturally manly hubby from New Jersey would say, "Knock it off and quit trying so hard. It reads as overcompensation", LOL!
          +1

Comment

What makes a man? Honour and kilts.
            In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Wow, most of you appear to live on a totally different planet than I do.

I thought this topic was going to be about the feminization of men like the feminization of fish. Men physcially taking on female physical attributes, like breasts, aka "moobs" or "man boobs." This feminization I have actually observed. It's kind of shocking. Is it totally caused by Syndrome X/Metabolic Syndrome? Or is there a component that is caused by environmental toxins such as BPA? What about all the need for prostate medication and erectile dysfunction medications? What is that all about? And infertility is a lot more common now than it ever was. I read about making sure to eat natural, grass-fed, pastured, organic foods for the best health and most vitamins and minerals, but even then, so many foods are deficient because the soils are deficient and it's recommended to take supplements. Why is the soil so poor nowadays? Is it because we take from it but don't give back, eat our dinners and then wrap our trash in plastic in a landfill rather than let it rot back into the soil? How much longer before we've mined the soil of most nutrients and are barely able to function even on the better quality primal foods? If it is toxins, how much further can we release them into the environment before we've gone too far? What will we do if we get that far? Can technology and medicine save us? What if it happens to all the animals we depend upon, too?

Anyway, that's what I thought this was about. And since the men are feminizing, I guess that makes female the default, huh?
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I'm very much against moobs, if that make you feel any better, sbhikes...
                Durp.

Comment

I really get upset with how the modern sitcoms and such seem to always portray Dad as a complete and utter moron that wouldn't have the sense to pull his own ass out of a fire. He's belittled by his wife and his children who just shake their heads at him knowingly. After all, what can you expect from him? Everyone knows men are clueless, right?

And people justify this junk because, in previous generations, popular culture so often used to portray women as the foolish and helpless ones so, somehow, turnabout is fair play. My little nephews aren't viewing this shit through the lens of media history. They're just being told that they're innately inferior. That and kids being rude, disrespectful little snots is inherently funny, but that's another rant. You really don't want to get me going.
                  Keep going!
                  Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                  Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                  Current Weight: 235 pounds
                  Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

I think you should start a thread of your own.

Comment

Yes, moobs are bad. I recently worked for a guy whose moobs were bigger than mine. He would stand in front of you with his giant moobs and huge belly and it was really uncomfortable. Where are you supposed to look when they are staring you right in the face like that? It's like he's got 4 eyes or something. Ew. Moobs are very bad.
                      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                        PS
                        Don't forget to play!

Comment

I think there has likely always been a broad spectrum of personality types in males. It is just more socially acceptable now to be a man with qualities that are traditionally considered female. Metrosexual men were all the rage for a while.

So men are free to be whatever version of "male" that they choose to. Just as women are allowed to be more masculine now than in the past.
                          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
                            I think there has likely always been a broad spectrum of personality types in males. It is just more socially acceptable now to be a man with qualities that are traditionally considered female. Metrosexual men were all the rage for a while.

So men are free to be whatever version of "male" that they choose to. Just as women are allowed to be more masculine now than in the past.
                            I dress better than some of the women I've dated, it's sad sometimes.
                            Last edited by kenn; 01-24-2012, 08:16 PM.
                            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                            Current Weight: 235 pounds
                            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by Man is Truth
                              I agree- the depiction of the white guy dad is sad on television. I remember my parents talking about it when the Simpsons came on when I was a kid, and they already watched Married with Children. Another thread. Fuck that shit.

I am with sbhikes on this one; there are a lot of noticeable, scientifically verifiably feminine traits in a great many men that any of us encounter. There are definitely a million environmental factors at play, each of the planted no doubt by aristocrats laughing. The Law has always been about fear of the dicks of the poor guys who work all day and are strong and have a lot of testosterone.

That is one element, that coercive forces when directed by men in society tend to radiate from that pit. But also, manhood is obsolete. So is womanhood. Humanity is a liability to the controllers of global resources. So, they direct their armed power against it, killing surplus rival-breeding aged males in wars and with famines. They direct their suggestive power against it, denouncing it as cruel and brutish it or they rope it to whichever aggression they require to maintain a constant environment of fear and tension. Gangs are great because they keep the cops in business and the white people shopping have to think that they need the cops or they would riot also. Wifebeaters and abusive shitheads are gold mines, sending dependents off in their wake to buy mood drugs and pay therapists or abuse children themselves. Men who roll up their sleeves and clean out these elements are denounced as extremists, as terrorists, etc.

Also- in prior ages, humanity's fate was ultimately determined by their interaction with a terrestrial element or object; water-sources, game, timber, copper, iron, wheat, rice, coal, oil, but now, 21st century- information. Light itself. So, we have torn down all of the temples of the past that meant anything to other men and moved them, because we can see them from perspectives other than beneath their threatening strength. So all men really underneath know that all things from which conceptions of manhood were built can crumble as frat boy locker room circle jerk ego therapy.

Adrift, brother. Have not all bridges and railings fallen into the water? Who now can cling to (man) and (woman)? The thawing wind blows! Preach thus in every street, my brothers!
                              +1 seems inappropriate, and I'm not going to give you a +infinity... so it lies somewhere in between there.

Comment

Originally posted by kenn View Post
                                I dress better than the women I date, it's sad sometimes.
                                I have to confess I do not to a very good job presenting myself. I think it probably hinders my ability to find mates.
                                Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Working...
                                X