No announcement yet.

The Feminization of Males

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man is life, woman is life, so long as man is man and woman is woman.

Comment

Originally posted by dana_leigh View Post
      +111111111111111...
      Did you happen to read my response to that individual. Whereas I don't disagree with the poster, I think that you and the other individual are being misled by your own personal prejudices or predispositions. I wasn't interjecting any personal feelings in the post, I was asking a question. And to be clear, people keep saying that I'm biased by my western view on the world, well, I posed the question from the western point of view.

Comment

True enough, half the time someone says, "He's a nice christian boy.", they really mean "He's just like a girl, compliant and shy." It's like nobody reads the old testament anymore, where everybody kills everybody all time and the priests eat animals all day.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

My pastor is a manly man and likes the fact that I speak my mind and question pretty much everything.

Just sayin'...
          Durp.

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
            True enough, half the time someone says, "He's a nice christian boy.", they really mean "He's just like a girl, compliant and shy." It's like nobody reads the old testament anymore, where everybody kills everybody all time and the priests eat animals all day.
            old testament was concrete; now they read you john and give you " the soft, sugar-sweet, feminine fairy-airy generalities"

Comment

Feminine and masculine are completely social/cultural constructs... not so long ago in europe the MOST masculine/sought-after males often wore high heels, lace poofs, brightly colored brocades and silks, make-up, and wigs or at least were expected to have long silky elegantly coiffed hair.
              Study some anthropology and history sometime. Feminine and masculine are not static.

This is true. When I watched Human Planet they showed an African Tribe Mating ritual and the guys all dressed up girly and squak'd around like a bird...it was very weird (not to mention funny imo), not attractive at all, but the african girls sure got all wet over it. To each their own.

Comment

Heh, a chunk of Christianity also seems devoted to women being stupid harlots who drive men to do naughty things. Unless you happen to be a virgin or an old crone. Or as my misogynistic uncle liked to put it "Yeah, women are made from the rib, and the rib is a cheap piece of meat." And there's that part of the Bible that says, if a woman saves her husband from getting beaten to death by another man by grabbing the attacker's junk, the husband must cut her hand off.

Comment

Biology and evolution are forces to be reckoned with. We should recognize that as primals.

Sex roles have a history, and we should celebrate the complementary differences in our strengths and not focus on bitching about the natural weaknesses of the other sex if we are to move forward collectively and positively as a species.
                  F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefGrok View Post
                    I would agree with this statement, we all understand that there will be variations in all human behavior. Those differences will exist, but I'm interested in the environmental and chemical factors that might be pushing things into a place they wouldn't have normally gone.

And perhaps the penchant for wigs powdered with lead and lead face-paint, and endemic syphilis also changed, say, the mores and behavior and ideas about gender in the court of Henry VIII or Louis XIV....maybe culture and environmental toxicity merge to create some odd shit. If the rulers are all batshit from spirochetes eating their brain and they all have lead poisoning from their makeup....anything can happen!

So what's springing out of our own polluted minds and bodies these days and masquerading as culture & gender roles? Who knows.

Comment

I dress like a metro...just sayin'
                      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                      Current Weight: 235 pounds
                      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Wow~ I don't know whether to laugh or cry at some of these posts! I've seen a lot of changes over the last 50+ years~ I was married before the feminist shit hit the fan~ suddenly, I was *just a housewife* now women brag about being *stay at home moms* Isn't that what I was?

Men haven't really changed~ we still have the 'macho' man~ you know the kind~ they confuse testicles with brains~ and we still have the (pocket protector) nerds~ somewhere in the middle are the rest of you XY chromosomes~ maybe you should stop trying to fit a definition and just be happy in your own space??

Comment

Originally posted by ChefGrok View Post
                          In western culture and society the gender line is becoming more and more blurred, particularly in the last 2 generations. Where has the archetypal male image gone? What do women think about this? What do the guys think?

Do women find men wearing women's pants attractive? I know of some chemical issues surrounding a contaminated food supply (BPA, etc.).

What do people feel is exactly going on?
                          You're confusing the feminine with weakness. Women have ever been strong, though rarely powerful. The 20th century woman who stays home all day doing menial chores is an aberration in comparison to her counterparts in current third-world countries and the women of America and Europe in the past who worked long, hard days. Just as the office-bound male is an aberration from the typical laborer of the past few millenia. As for "archetypal male image", anything specific you're referring to? If you're caught up in Hollywood/mainstream media portrayals of what is currently "masculine" or "feminine" behavior then you're looking in the wrong place. Blame the sheeple who eat that stuff up and want more of it.

I personally think the change is two-fold, sprung from modern convenience and political systems that favor cultures of compliant sheep. It's also unfortunate that more and more boys are reared seeing only a strong woman and not a strong man because their fathers abandon them or their mothers cruelly remove the father from their life through the awful court system.
                          "There is a cruelty in life which we must accept with stoicism as the inevitable." -Mizora

Comment

Originally posted by zoltankemeny View Post
                            You're confusing the feminine with weakness. Women have ever been strong, though rarely powerful. The 20th century woman who stays home all day doing menial chores is an aberration in comparison to her counterparts in current third-world countries and the women of America and Europe in the past who worked long, hard days. Just as the office-bound male is an aberration from the typical laborer of the past few millenia. As for "archetypal male image", anything specific you're referring to? If you're caught up in Hollywood/mainstream media portrayals of what is currently "masculine" or "feminine" behavior then you're looking in the wrong place. Blame the sheeple who eat that stuff up and want more of it.

I personally think the change is two-fold, sprung from modern convenience and political systems that favor cultures of compliant sheep. It's also unfortunate that more and more boys are reared seeing only a strong woman and not a strong man because their fathers abandon them or their mothers cruelly remove the father from their life through the awful court system.
                            I'm actually not confusing anything with anything. I was simply asking people's opinion's.

1. The "archetypal" male image was a statement to be interpretted by anyone who wants to reply.

2. The 20th century male or female image is totally objective, whether or not you pay attention to what hollywood says.

3. It would be beneficial for people who want to post to read the whole post and have an idea of how the thread has evolved and how points have been clarified.

Anyone could see that it's an open-ended question with no bias on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                              That's not it. Watch a Disney Movie. We're raised to be stupid, taught to be nothing at all.
                              I really get upset with how the modern sitcoms and such seem to always portray Dad as a complete and utter moron that wouldn't have the sense to pull his own ass out of a fire. He's belittled by his wife and his children who just shake their heads at him knowingly. After all, what can you expect from him? Everyone knows men are clueless, right?

And people justify this junk because, in previous generations, popular culture so often used to portray women as the foolish and helpless ones so, somehow, turnabout is fair play. My little nephews aren't viewing this shit through the lens of media history. They're just being told that they're innately inferior. That and kids being rude, disrespectful little snots is inherently funny, but that's another rant. You really don't want to get me going.

Comment

I think this could be a very interesting topic if we stay out of the whole ''what constitutes a manly man'' debate, especially if we focus on the biological aspects, like the diminishing fertility rates and testosterone levels in males in the last 50-60 years.

It starts to get preoccupying when your average 20 years old guy has no jaw, the muscle mass of an anemic tortoise and more interest in videogames than hot girls because of testosterone levels lower than those of a dead possum. You see a lot of those walking around on a college campus these days.

If anyone has good scientific info on the subject, it would really be appreciated!

Edit: this is a good example of what I was talking about (Japanese youth losing interest in sex)

http://www.medindia.net/news/Governm...#ixzz1CIybKxqg
                                Last edited by Winterbike; 01-24-2012, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X