No announcement yet.

The Feminization of Males

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

often people will not like you, they will be against you if you dare to be Oneself.

but when you can navigate the course that being Oneself will dictate, then you are a man.

Comment

I have noticed that men are speaking a lot more like women, with drawn-out vowel sounds and rising intonations at the ends of statements.
      You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by Rip @ MIPWID View Post
        You have a couple of theories, ranging from the societal:

The knife of feminism has cut too far. Instead of equality, we've ended up with sameness.

To the metaphysical:

The Earth is entering the feminine half of its galactic orbit.

What we need, is to bring back the Spartan state!
        Feminism has gone beyond equality. Read up on third wave feminism. Just look at the family court system to see the destruction wrought by their ilk.
        Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
        Starting Weight: 294 pounds
        Current Weight: 235 pounds
        Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Years ago, I started reading a book called *Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus* and about fell off my chair laughing~ apparently, according to the author, I'm from Mars!! Lucky for me, DH has a softer side that balances my 'Martian' tendencies , so we work~ maybe that's all that matters~

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
            I have noticed that men are speaking a lot more like women, with drawn-out vowel sounds and rising intonations at the ends of statements.

That's likely because speech trends like accents start with young women (think Valley Girls). I remember reading or watching something on this- they traced different regional accents and young women were largely the instigators of accent trends, including the typical Brooklyn accent.
            http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
              brilliant.

every man would be wise to reflect on this.

Comment

Originally posted by hazyjane View Post
                That's likely because speech trends like accents start with young women (think Valley Girls). I remember reading or watching something on this- they traced different regional accents and young women were largely the instigators of accent trends, including the typical Brooklyn accent.
                no, you're missing it.

you have to ask what kind of attitude originates the rising intonation. then think about this atitude.

this is one side of the coin i threw on the table earlier in this thread, which is that whether a male is a man is determined by how he sees the world.

Comment

a man never sees a 'problem' in the negative sense, only a circumstance requiring some resolution, and he seamlessly moves between recognizing the 'problem' to resolving it. any hesitiation between these two states takes the male away from the Man.

Comment

a man understands that it is more important to make a decision than it is to make the 'right' one.

Comment

I think men are confused.... you hear that women want sensitive men, but I dunno, I want a leader and more aggressive man who kind of tells me what to do. Yet I see so many couples where the men are basically pussy whipped wimps whose wives walk all over them. That's not sexy.... And yeah, a lot of men look very soft and feminine these days- not clothes- but appearances. I do wonder about hormones when I see some guys.

The other thing I think now- reproductively speaking is that women want passive men who will stick around and make money, so are choosing them as mates vs. the hot guy who is probably a jerk, but damn. Like the hottest guys I know- the full on masculine alpha males - I would not want a child with them- not because they are mean, but because they are unreliable. Meanwhile, a lot of my friends spouses who are unattractive, very feminine are reliable with great jobs and the patience of Job.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

a man understands that it is more important to make a decision than it is to make the 'right' one.
                        Yup...

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                          I think men are confused.... you hear that women want sensitive men, but I dunno, I want a leader and more aggressive man who kind of tells me what to do. Yet I see so many couples where the men are basically pussy whipped wimps whose wives walk all over them. That's not sexy.... And yeah, a lot of men look very soft and feminine these days- not clothes- but appearances. I do wonder about hormones when I see some guys.

The other thing I think now- reproductively speaking is that women want passive men who will stick around and make money, so are choosing them as mates vs. the hot guy who is probably a jerk, but damn. Like the hottest guys I know- the full on masculine alpha males - I would not want a child with them- not because they are mean, but because they are unreliable. Meanwhile, a lot of my friends spouses who are unattractive, very feminine are reliable with great jobs and the patience of Job.
                          I guess using the pants thing kinda set people in the other direction... But you're right, I think that most women want what you want, even if they won't say it outright.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefGrok View Post
                            I guess using the pants thing kinda set people in the other direction... But you're right, I think that most women want what you want, even if they won't say it outright.
                            a man does not 'guess' nor 'think'; he knows and tells.

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
                              I'm being serious, is there anyone other than yourself that you consider to be a man. Is this something that can be assessed by someone else? Or is it strictly something that is self-realized?

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
                                For me, a real man doesn't speak when he doesn't know.

Because no one knows everything, and a good leader understands that.
                                Durp.

Comment

Working...
                                X