Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Feminization of Males

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When I think of a 'feminized' male, it has little to do with clothes or appearance and everything to do with passivity.

    The term 'feminized' does bug me, because it's being used in a way that implies lack of strength. I'm very feminine and there is no lack of strength here. I think of guys like this as 'man-children'. If I manage to disattach the one currently holding on for dear life, I will never give another one the time of day again, now that I know what to look for.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Zanna View Post
      When I think of a 'feminized' male, it has little to do with clothes or appearance and everything to do with passivity.

      The term 'feminized' does bug me, because it's being used in a way that implies lack of strength. I'm very feminine and there is no lack of strength here. I think of guys like this as 'man-children'. If I manage to disattach the one currently holding on for dear life, I will never give another one the time of day again, now that I know what to look for.
      That's not what it means it all.

      If you want to detach, do it. It's not that hard to do.
      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
      Current Weight: 235 pounds
      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Loneketo View Post
        +1 I blame overconsumption of sugars. Try going completely no carb(be fat-adapted or you'll have most likely have carb flu at first) And you'll notice almost complete lack of emotion, totally Vulcan. This is how it was back then, most likely because of the fact that fat and meat were preferred over fruits and bread, e en women weren't that emotional back then as they are now. Mostly likely.because of the fact that sugars screws with hormones badly.
        Wow, I super disagree with this. I was low carb for about a year, and during that time, my depression and mood fluctuations were out of control, so much so that i seriously considered taking antidepressants, even though I know how horrible they are.

        When I significantly increased my carbs, including sugar, I was instantly back to being 1,000x happier, more positive, with a very even mood day to day. Anxiety attacks are mostly gone, and even my thyroid seems to be functioning better...

        Oh yeah, eating more carbs and less fat also helped me to lose that extra fat I gained by eating high fat, as an added bonus.

        Comment


        • It's not so much the feminization of men as the infantalization of the entire culture. If everyone expects to be taken care of, who is to do the caring?

          I'm most likely going to live to see a society where most people are obese with only a few outliers that can bend over to tie their shoes with a world of consequences I shudder to think about.
          Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

          Comment


          • Government is daddy and everyone else is a sheep, and sheep are female.

            EDIT: Okay, I guess technically a ewe is a female ram.

            So, we have all turned into ewes.
            Last edited by Grok; 11-10-2012, 06:00 PM.

            Comment


            • [QUOTE=kenn;1001133]
              If you want to detach, do it. It's not that hard to do.[/QUOTE

              True, but it can be complex.
              Last edited by Zanna; 11-10-2012, 06:29 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Grok View Post
                Government is daddy and everyone else is a sheep, and sheep are female.

                EDIT: Okay, I guess technically a ewe is a female ram.

                So, we have all turned into ewes.
                Yeah, because if all sheep were female, we'd run out of sheep pretty quickly.
                Durp.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                  Yeah, because if all sheep were female, we'd run out of sheep pretty quickly.
                  Yeah, I was thinking a sheep was a female ram, but I guess that's actually a ewe after I checked.

                  Comment


                  • I'm a big fan of "manly men" in all of their various forms, but I can still see Zanna's point.

                    It's a little disheartening to read posts saying (in a nutshell) that the worst thing that could happen to the human race would be for it to become more like the women members. If you would say the same thing about it turning too masculine, I might understand a little better. I think we all have our roles, and a glut of either testosterone or estrogen makes for an imbalance.
                    Durp.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                      I'm a big fan of "manly men" in all of their various forms, but I can still see Zanna's point.

                      It's a little disheartening to read posts saying (in a nutshell) that the worst thing that could happen to the human race would be for it to become more like the women members. If you would say the same thing about it turning too masculine, I might understand a little better. I think we all have our roles, and a glut of either testosterone or estrogen makes for an imbalance.
                      Thanks, RitaRose. That's what I meant but didn't articulate well. The men I am talking about have nothing in common with women or femininity - they are men, but men who lack the drive to take care of themselves physically or to be self-sufficient. I swear, self-sufficiency and caring about how you treat your body are the sexiest things to me these days. The self-sufficient types tend to have the manly thing I like going on.

                      Comment


                      • [QUOTE=Zanna;1001169]
                        Originally posted by kenn View Post
                        If you want to detach, do it. It's not that hard to do.[/QUOTE

                        True, but it can be complex.
                        as complex as you want it to be
                        Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                        Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                        Current Weight: 235 pounds
                        Goal Weight: 195 pounds

                        Comment


                        • I usually don't do things in a complex way - once a decision is made, it's made. The fallout will be complex.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Zanna View Post
                            I usually don't do things in a complex way - once a decision is made, it's made. The fallout will be complex.
                            So what is your decision?
                            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                            Current Weight: 235 pounds
                            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

                            Comment


                            • Already made the decision - I have to do a lot of mental legwork thinking through all of the ramifications and how I'll deal with those. Once that's done, everything else falls into place. But I have to do that process 1st so I'm not second-guessing things.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Zanna View Post
                                Already made the decision - I have to do a lot of mental legwork thinking through all of the ramifications and how I'll deal with those. Once that's done, everything else falls into place. But I have to do that process 1st so I'm not second-guessing things.
                                No details to share?
                                Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                                Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                                Current Weight: 235 pounds
                                Goal Weight: 195 pounds

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X