The Feminization of Males

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rosegin View Post
    The first mistake a person can make is to trust their spouse/significant other completely. You can't even trust yourself completely. Put in the right situation ANYONE would cheat. The smart thing to do is keep yourself out of risky situations.
    wow..that's the worst thing i've ever heard. i feel badly for people who think like this. if you don't trust yourself and your spouse completely, THEN DON'T GET MARRIED. the problem with society is that too many soft headed people don't know themselves well enough and then in turn, don't know their partners well enough before they get married.

Comment

• Originally posted by Winterbike View Post
      When did this become hotter than this? Never, that poster is bullshit. Men still find women like the four at the bottom really sexy. For some reason, women don't get it.
      It's a media mind fuck. Like I said above, of course the second group are sexier, but the message is that women should try to look like the first group. Sexy women are dangerous. They're called out as harlots, they make men go gaga, disrupt the order of things. And interestingly Twiggy, became the first majorly successful very thin model at the same time birth control was becoming available for women, allowing them greater control of their sexuality. So really, it's not about sexiness at all, it's about fear of sexiness. Sex is powerful.
      Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
        wow..that's the worst thing i've ever heard. i feel badly for people who think like this. if you don't trust yourself and your spouse completely, THEN DON'T GET MARRIED. the problem with society is that too many soft headed people don't know themselves well enough and then in turn, don't know their partners well enough before they get married.
        I've been married for over 12 years. I got married at 19, which means the deck was stacked against me from the beginning. I know my partner very well and I know myself, too. That right there was the best piece of advice I ever learned from a marriage counselor. Trust your partner, but don't trust them on a business trip, alone, with the opposite sex. That is a setting for disaster. We are animals, with animal instincts, and we don't always make the best choices. It's best to prevent things like this from happening, by not putting ourselves in the position where cheating is easy, and the perceived risks are small.
        ~Sandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
          It's a media mind fuck. Like I said above, of course the second group are sexier, but the message is that women should try to look like the first group. Sexy women are dangerous. They're called out as harlots, they make men go gaga, disrupt the order of things. And interestingly Twiggy, became the first majorly successful very thin model at the same time birth control was becoming available for women, allowing them greater control of their sexuality. So really, it's not about sexiness at all, it's about fear of sexiness. Sex is powerful.
          But some men DO find very thin women attractive. Saying someone is too skinny to be attractive is just as hurtful as saying someone is too fat to be attractive. Some women are naturally very thin, no matter what they eat or how they exercise.
          ~Sandy

Comment

• Some women are naturally very thin, no matter what they eat or how they exercise.
            True, and thin women can be very beautiful. However, there are almost no women considered by the media to be beautiful that are not thin. And its far more accepted to be very thin vs. what we will call Christina Fat. In general, most women look a lot more like Christina than say, Gwenyth Paltrow. And you rarely see very lean, muscular women portrayed as beauties- look at all the shit Madonna gets.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
            Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

It's an interesting point of view, I would like to see data on it. I tend to disagree with it because I'm generally skeptical of conspiracy theories and because I can think of a LOT of women who are incredibly successful because of their looks and because they have curves, Kim Kardashian being a prime example (she's EVERYWHERE).

Comment

I've been married for over 12 years. I got married at 19, which means the deck was stacked against me from the beginning. I know my partner very well and I know myself, too. That right there was the best piece of advice I ever learned from a marriage counselor. Trust your partner, but don't trust them on a business trip, alone, with the opposite sex. That is a setting for disaster. We are animals, with animal instincts, and we don't always make the best choices. It's best to prevent things like this from happening, by not putting ourselves in the position where cheating is easy, and the perceived risks are small.
                YOU stacked the deck against YOURRSELF by getting married young. then you learned to know your partner. fortunately for you it seems to be working out. but judging from your comments, it seems like you went throuugh some tough times. i'm not trying to get in to that conversation with you or anyone else. just a little social commentary on people getting married before they should. that's all

Comment

The first mistake a person can make is to trust their spouse/significant other completely. You can't even trust yourself completely. Put in the right situation ANYONE would cheat. The smart thing to do is keep yourself out of risky situations.
                  I'd say that situations where anyone would cheat are pretty rare in real life unless you're talking about a serious asshole or someone with incredibly low self esteem. I mean, the vast majority of us aren't rock-stars with half-naked groupies throwing themselves at us constantly. To get from point A: being propositioned, and point B: winding up between the sheets, requires an awful lot of contemplation. If a person can't put on the brakes at some point in there then there are bigger issues at hand, like people believing that their partners are powerless to stop it when in fact their partner is an ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                    True, and thin women can be very beautiful. However, there are almost no women considered by the media to be beautiful that are not thin. And its far more accepted to be very thin vs. what we will call Christina Fat. In general, most women look a lot more like Christina than say, Gwenyth Paltrow. And you rarely see very lean, muscular women portrayed as beauties- look at all the shit Madonna gets.
                    Madonna looks like a corpse, she gets shit because she's too skinny, not because she's too muscular.

There are PLENTY of women considered hot by the media who are not rail-thin.
                    -Scarlett Johansson
                    -Sofia Vergara
                    -Kim Kardashian
                    -Gina Carano
                    -Eva Mendes
                    -Fergie
                    -Katy Perry
                    -Angelina Jolie (the scene when she gets out of the bath in Wanted made the movie)
                    -Tina Fey
                    -Dita Von Teese

Need more?

Comment

But some men DO find very thin women attractive. Saying someone is too skinny to be attractive is just as hurtful as saying someone is too fat to be attractive. Some women are naturally very thin, no matter what they eat or how they exercise.
                      The women pictured, and the vast majority of models are underweight, not just thin. They are unhealthily thin and most have to starve themselves to get to that point. Women stop having their periods or they become irregular when they get below a certain body weight. This is holding an unhealthy ideal for women as desirable. Some countries have started to ban runway models below a certain BMI due to them dropping dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                        YOU stacked the deck against YOURRSELF by getting married young. then you learned to know your partner. fortunately for you it seems to be working out. but judging from your comments, it seems like you went throuugh some tough times. i'm not trying to get in to that conversation with you or anyone else. just a little social commentary on people getting married before they should. that's all
                        You've got it backwards. Women have much better options when they are young and in their prime. That's the best time for them to marry.
                        Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laconophile View Post
                          You've got it backwards. Women have much better options when they are young and in their prime. That's the best time for them to marry.
                          Ain't that the truth, brother

Comment

Actually it's the opposite. Ultra thin models may be presented as sexy but they aren't perceived that way. Very few men find that all that attractive. Most men want women with a bit of meat on their bones. Ultra thinness is actually more about un-sexiness. Sex is about desire and hunger. Being able to maintain that shape requires discipline and sacrifice, something that puritans and ascetics favor, and usually comes with the loss of fecundity. Women's sexuality has scared the bejeezus out of the powers that be forever and so presenting the ultra thin woman as sexy is actually saying is that you aren't allowed to desire sex but can allow your desirability to be controlled by others.
                            Highly doubt that
                            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                            Current Weight: 235 pounds
                            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• So whats up with all the late 20s and early 30s women banging young boys lately? Why aren't they demonized for being being pedophiles?
                              Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                              Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                              Current Weight: 235 pounds
                              Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by banananutmuffin View Post
                                Super interesting, as the bitchy woman I mentioned takes antidepressants, too. So weird.

If I were only having sex with my husband once or twice a year, I would fully expect him to have an affair. Hell, I'm surprised these women don't actually encourage their husbands to have affairs.
                                A relationship that gets to this point has deeper problems than sex, but I cringe when I hear women excusing infidelity on the pretense than men just can't do without sex. That only feeds into the myth that men are simple-minded, incompetent creatures driven solely by their urges with no self-control. Do men want to do without sex? Not many, I'd reckon, but can they? Sure they can. A woman withholding sex is a couple in the midst of a power struggle and poor intimacy, but is she asking for an affair? Hardly.
                                Last edited by Clabbergirl; 01-26-2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X