Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Feminization of Males

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

    Comment


    • Originally posted by kenn View Post
      What exactly are you trying to point out? That there are people with serious differences?

      Comment


      • that seems way complicated compared to the interaction of a few smart men or women to control it; they could just trade unwanted or unsupportable babies, or castrate offensive rival males, or sequester women, or utterly shame them into not having sex or any imaginable means of affecting a relatively small group of people. A conversation around a fire I bet works pretty well with any group that enjoys the loyalty of its members.
        We kind of do that now. The media portrayal of women for so long has been that women are sexual as long as they are thin. It's a pretty strong message that fat women are not sexy; that is changing. The funny thing is that the "ideal" woman is set and promoted by the fashion industry- mainly women and homosexual men. Their image of sexy has become so masculine... the ideal is a woman who looks like a 13 year old boy. You have women obsessed by acheiving that ideal and they are ashamed of their thighs and butts and curves and starve themselves and workout and hate themselves and don't have sex. Of course they reproduce, but they aren't into sex.

        http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Man is Truth
          they could just trade unwanted or unsupportable babies, .
          Actually, the preferred method was bashing the heads against a rock or exposing them.

          or castrate offensive rival males, or sequester women, or utterly shame them into not having sex or any imaginable means of affecting a relatively small group of people. A conversation around a fire I bet works pretty well with any group that enjoys the loyalty of its members
          Religion. The conversation around a fire, no matter the amount of loyalty, is pretty ineffective. Well, it works as long as you're sitting around the fire, but once you get back to your tent, it's dark, you have a stirring in your loins and all bets are off.
          Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
            We kind of do that now. The media portrayal of women for so long has been that women are sexual as long as they are thin. It's a pretty strong message that fat women are not sexy; that is changing. The funny thing is that the "ideal" woman is set and promoted by the fashion industry- mainly women and homosexual men. Their image of sexy has become so masculine... the ideal is a woman who looks like a 13 year old boy. You have women obsessed by acheiving that ideal and they are ashamed of their thighs and butts and curves and starve themselves and workout and hate themselves and don't have sex. Of course they reproduce, but they aren't into sex.
            Best examples I can think of are Scarlett Johansson and Sofia Vergara. Not thin, but not fat either, and immensely popular with men (and insanely hot).

            I still think fat isn't sexy. It means unhealthy and unable to take care of herself for me, and that's not sexy at all.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
              We kind of do that now. The media portrayal of women for so long has been that women are sexual as long as they are thin. It's a pretty strong message that fat women are not sexy; that is changing. The funny thing is that the "ideal" woman is set and promoted by the fashion industry- mainly women and homosexual men. Their image of sexy has become so masculine... the ideal is a woman who looks like a 13 year old boy. You have women obsessed by acheiving that ideal and they are ashamed of their thighs and butts and curves and starve themselves and workout and hate themselves and don't have sex. Of course they reproduce, but they aren't into sex.
              Actually it's the opposite. Ultra thin models may be presented as sexy but they aren't perceived that way. Very few men find that all that attractive. Most men want women with a bit of meat on their bones. Ultra thinness is actually more about un-sexiness. Sex is about desire and hunger. Being able to maintain that shape requires discipline and sacrifice, something that puritans and ascetics favor, and usually comes with the loss of fecundity. Women's sexuality has scared the bejeezus out of the powers that be forever and so presenting the ultra thin woman as sexy is actually saying is that you aren't allowed to desire sex but can allow your desirability to be controlled by others.
              Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

              Comment


              • I still think fat isn't sexy. It means unhealthy and unable to take care of herself for me, and that's not sexy at all.
                Yeah- the funny thing is that a lot of very fat women don't care, while the one's saying "Oh, I'm so fat" are women that no man would think are fat, except for a fashion designer.

                I mean, here is what the media considers to be a fat woman:


                http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                  I mean, here is what the media considers to be a fat woman:
                  Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                    Yeah- the funny thing is that a lot of very fat women don't care, while the one's saying "Oh, I'm so fat" are women that no man would think are fat, except for a fashion designer.

                    I mean, here is what the media considers to be a fat woman:
                    She's not super fat, but she's fat. She would have a spare tire without her dress. Not attractive at all.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
                      When did this become hotter than this? Never, that poster is bullshit. Men still find women like the four at the bottom really sexy. For some reason, women don't get it.

                      Comment


                      • It can mess with you- I mean, I'd KILL to look like Christina Aguilera, yet per the media, in that photo- she was basically called out as being a fat slob. Here is a less flattering angle- yesh, she's not lean- but has thick legs. To me, she looks powerful and strong and healthy. Much healthier than the women in the above pics.


                        http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Issabeau View Post
                          LOL ! I LOVE that movie! What a dude <3
                          me too. greatest comedy of all time!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                            Let me take a stab at this.

                            Media portrayal of men as either bumbling, impotent fools or dangerous sexual predators. >> Dearth of presence of male figures and overabundance of female figures in children's (boys' and girls') lives leads them to accept those portrayals and summarily reject "men" out of disgust and fear, respectively. >> Idolizing still remains a natural thing for children and teens >> Bieber is idolized because he is a feminized and therefore "safe" male, who is also popular, rich and assumes a mantle of power when commanding a screaming audience on stage.
                            Justin Bieber looks like your average teenage boy. He's not girly/feminine, he just looks young. Most of the girls who like him are preteens and I'm quite glad they aren't into Harrison Ford or any other old guy.

                            When I was a preteen I liked Johnathan Brandis, NKOTB, Christian Slater, etc. Now that I'm a grown woman I like "manlier" men. I don't care for children because I am not a child.
                            ~Sandy

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
                              Why? Don't you trust your husband?
                              The first mistake a person can make is to trust their spouse/significant other completely. You can't even trust yourself completely. Put in the right situation ANYONE would cheat. The smart thing to do is keep yourself out of risky situations.
                              ~Sandy

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                                It can mess with you- I mean, I'd KILL to look like Christina Aguilera, yet per the media, in that photo- she was basically called out as being a fat slob. Here is a less flattering angle- yesh, she's not lean- but has thick legs. To me, she looks powerful and strong and healthy. Much healthier than the women in the above pics.

                                I have to agree with the media here. If you told me this is a 65 years old woman, I might agree she's hot for her age. That's it. She's 31 and she looks like Brigitte Bardot looks now at 77, she looks horrible.

                                I would expect a healthy woman under 40 to be able to run 1K or 2K without dying of exhaustion. Christina looks like she'd die of a heart attack after the first 50 meters in that picture.

                                Women shouldn't be fat around the midsection (she's shaped like a keg). It's one of the most obvious signs on unhealthiness.
                                Last edited by Winterbike; 01-26-2012, 07:11 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X