• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guod View Post
    Why wouldn't you want to do a commie?
    Had me snort-laughing...
    Durp.

Comment

• Okay, I have no idea what issues you are dealing with, Grok, but I will say that my miserable excuse for an ex taught me one very valuable thing - if you never ask, you have 100% odds of the answer being No, so you might as well ask because at least then you have a shot, even if a small one.

My boyfriend and I met on eHarmony (yeah, I know, go ahead and snicker) and he tells me now he never would have contacted me because he has this stupid idea that he has nothing to offer and isn't in my league, whatever the hell that means. On the other hand, I can't believe someone as amazing as him, with his shit together and a brain that actually gets some use, wants anything at all to do with my forgetful/distractable ADHD butt.

The point is, if I had left it up to him and he had believed his own depressing beliefs about himself, we'd never have met and life would suck.

Okay, now I'm going to drop the subject because I don't honestly know the situation and only want to come off as an inconsiderate ass for one post.
      Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
        Okay, I have no idea what issues you are dealing with, Grok, but I will say that my miserable excuse for an ex taught me one very valuable thing - if you never ask, you have 100% odds of the answer being No, so you might as well ask because at least then you have a shot, even if a small one.
        I have a fear of relationships which goes well beyond the fear of rejection. I lived the majority of my life in solitude. If it were simply a fear of rejection, I would have gotten over it by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grok View Post
          I have a fear of relationships which goes well beyond the fear of rejection. I lived the majority of my life in solitude. If it were simply a fear of rejection, I would have gotten over it by now.
          Oh, I'm sorry. Well, you can always hang here with us!
          Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerseyjim View Post
            Real men and women are doer's, not sitter's. The guy with the moobs and his trophy wife aren't doer's. They have people for that.

Spend some time doing something - bale some hay, run a dairy farm, build a house, drive a truck, weld some pipeline, change the oil in your car, fix your kid's bike, repair your own house, tune up your lawn mower. Doing is more gratifiying than serving, and I don't mean that in a selfish way. The self-reliance that comes from skills like these makes everyone a more complete person. These skills are dieing amongst the college-educated and pretty soon we're all gonna have to hire someone to wipe our butts for us. Self-reliance is underated in our modern culture.

The Amish do not struggle with this issue.
            +1
            I'm rebuilding an old endtable this weekend (that I found in a dumpster). What are YOU doing?
            Oh and I'm not a man, just in case the screenname wasn't an indication
            Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by AmyMac703 View Post
              +1
              I'm rebuilding an old endtable this weekend (that I found in a dumpster). What are YOU doing?
              Oh and I'm not a man, just in case the screenname wasn't an indication
              Shopping! Heh, the flea market is this weekend and I'm on the lookout for furniture to refinish, light fixtures for staring seeds indoors for this year's garden. Depending on the weather I may either help fill in the sewer line or take apart, strip and figure out how I'm going to refinish an old industrial shop table. If it were warmer I'd be working on the hardscpaing in the front, moving gravel.
              Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChefGrok View Post
                In western culture and society the gender line is becoming more and more blurred, particularly in the last 2 generations. Where has the archetypal male image gone? What do women think about this? What do the guys think?

Do women find men wearing women's pants attractive? I know of some chemical issues surrounding a contaminated food supply (BPA, etc.).

What do people feel is exactly going on?
                Sounds like brainwashed thinking. Maybe that gender line was due to come down at some point if it was so archetypal. I wasn't around 50 years ago, so I couldn't even say for sure how much things have changed. It's funny how media can play tricks on you! Don't believe everything you hear.

I think masculine men are still around, so are feminine women, so are strong women, so are beta males. Shit does not change biologically in just 50 years.

Men wearing women's pants? Not sure what you are insinuating. Tighter pants are girl pants? Who cares... All the stuff that makes me a man can be summed up while I'm naked.

Comment

• After all the post's that I've read, is there a consensus that we're just human's? Without a gender specificity? Are we being stifled by generational (or anthropological or historical) limitations?

Comment

• Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
                    Sounds like brainwashed thinking. Maybe that gender line was due to come down at some point if it was so archetypal. I wasn't around 50 years ago, so I couldn't even say for sure how much things have changed. It's funny how media can play tricks on you! Don't believe everything you hear.

I think masculine men are still around, so are feminine women, so are strong women, so are beta males. Shit does not change biologically in just 50 years.

Men wearing women's pants? Not sure what you are insinuating. Tighter pants are girl pants? Who cares... All the stuff that makes me a man can be summed up while I'm naked.
                    read the post, if you have the time. It's actually all explained without you even needing to post.

Comment

After all the post's that I've read, is there a consensus that we're just human's? Without a gender specificity? Are we being stifled by generational (or anthropological or historical) limitations?
                      I think there's gender specificity, but it's not a hard line at all. We are all similar with differences between everyone of us.

I have a whole theory on sexuality actually that relates to this topic of archetypal male/female gender roles.

I believe there's two factors at play in the body. One is the body's need to release sexually (hormones and whatnot). Two is the body's need to procreate with the opposite sex. Anyone with any kind of libido has at least some of #1. Anyone with a good amount of #2 will be straight. If #2 is more absent in your body, multiple things could happen. You could become bisexual, gay, or any other types I'm not aware of. Technically, I think you could still be straight but just without a "hound dog" approach to women. If you lack "the instinct to procreate", sex has a different feeling and meaning than those with the strong instinct. Evolutionarily, it makes a lot of sense. We could have adapted in certain situations to have less desire to procreate in order to keep the population under control.

Leave it to humans to misunderstand the whole reason behind this varied sexuality in humans.

If anyone has any feelings on this, chime in. I just came up with it a few days ago.
                      Last edited by wiltondeportes; 01-25-2012, 07:34 PM.

Comment

read the post, if you have the time. It's actually all explained without you even needing to post.
                        I read your entire post. If you are referring to the entire thread, I'm not interested right now.

Comment

After all the post's that I've read, is there a consensus that we're just human's? Without a gender specificity? Are we being stifled by generational (or anthropological or historical) limitations?
                          No, I don't think that is the correct interpretation, although that theory was popular for a while. I believe there is a spectrum of male behavior and a separate spectrum of female behavior. However, there is a part of each spectrum that is overlapping.
                          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Correction: Thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by jammies View Post
                              No, I don't think that is the correct interpretation, although that theory was popular for a while. I believe there is a spectrum of male behavior and a separate spectrum of female behavior. However, there is a part of each spectrum that is overlapping.
                              I'm trying to get an overall feeling on that "overlapping". I think that there have been some really great posts on the subject.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
                                I wasn't around 50 years ago, so I couldn't even say for sure how much things have changed. It's funny how media can play tricks on you! Don't believe everything you hear.

I was 'around'~ people are still people. Individuality still counts~ there is no 'gender specific' blueprint~ not now, not then.

Originally posted by ChefGrok View Post
                                yup~ and those foolish guys that try to follow some *pattern* of masculinity might just find themselves having a 72 day marriage~ women hate being played~

Comment

Working...
                                X