Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why am I more bloated the 2nd/3rd day following a massive sugar/carb binge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I more bloated the 2nd/3rd day following a massive sugar/carb binge?

Went to a birthday party for my niece on Sunday and ate cookies, cake, and donuts with reckless abandon. I have no guilt about it and rest assured not only was it fun but also extremely delicious. Yesterday I was totally good though but today i was hit with the massive bloat/carb flu that follows such events.

This happsn to me whenever I decide to go for the bad stuff. Always thought it was weird and if there was a reason for it.

It happens to me too but it's more immediate for me. Within a few hours. And for me it's gas. I will gain a good 2 inches or so around my abs and be disgusting. Not very lady like. If nothing else when my better half and I are at parties our out it's less tempting to gorge myself knowing that I will not want to embarrass myself by farting in bed all night after. I'm always back to normal after two days of normal eating though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenzington View Post
      It happens to me too but it's more immediate for me. Within a few hours. And for me it's gas. I will gain a good 2 inches or so around my abs and be disgusting. Not very lady like. If nothing else when my better half and I are at parties our out it's less tempting to gorge myself knowing that I will not want to embarrass myself by farting in bed all night after. I'm always back to normal after two days of normal eating though.
      Yeah i get the nasty egg bomb farts but it is never immediate. It takes at least a day for me to start seeing the results of all those sweets.

Always the day after I look really good with my muscles in super crazy vascular show off mode and no gut bloat-age until 2 days later.

Comment

The issue is you retain 3-4 grams of water for every gram of glycogen stored. It takes time for you to retain that water - usually a day's worth of drinking. That is why you'll bloat up more the second 24 hours after a carb binge - you keep holding water until you burn through the glycogen. Usually around Day 4 you will start to lose it if you fall back to a lower carbohydrate eating plan.
        Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Working...
        X