I have NO afternoon energy!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have NO afternoon energy!!!

I've been 98% Primal for about 6 weeks and I couldn't feel better in the morning, evening, and all day on the weekends. It's from about 12pm-3pm at work (desk job) that I just want to take a nap (and that might cause some hardship with my boss ). I eat meats, eggs, nuts, you name the primal food and I eat it. I exercise...I do almost everything right (I think). But lately I've had to depend on caffeinated drinks to make it through this lull, and I don't like that. I want to be more Primal. Do you have any suggestions/ideas why this happens or how I can fix it? Thanks.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Can you post a typical day, diet and exercise wise.

I know when I don't exercise (walk, cycle, ride, sprint, lift) for a few days my energy just sucks in the afternoon.
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Comment

I second the "typical day".

Nuts are a terrible source of fat, protein and energy, so keep that in mind if you consume them daily. Eating a small handful every day would be eating them an order of magnitude more than Grok.

I bet it's nothing that a cup of coffee and a teaspoon of coconut oil can't fix.
      Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

I usually have a 2 egg omelet for breakfast maybe a couple slices of bacon on the side. Lunch today was a grilled chicken breast, boiled okra, and an apple. Snack was plain almonds. Dinner during the week is something easy, like grilled chicken, salad, hamburger steak, roast, etc. I drink protein shakes for breakfast and after dinner. I work out twice a week with full body workouts and try to sprint every 10 days or so. I get an average of 8 hours a sleep a night. Fitday.com average last week was 1595 calories, 85g fat, 68g carbs, 172g protein. My only cheat is sweet tea on occasion, I'm from the south, I have to drink it...it's a rule.

Comment

Bad news, afternoon naps are natural and many parts of the world go quiet shortly after midday. Stores close, the streets become empty, and everyone is taking a nap. They tend to eat larger midday meals though, do yours tend to be large? If you eat more in the morning and evening with a smaller/no lunch you might be able to avoid it.

Comment

Do you put fruit in your shakes? I would try and cut the fruit- could be a sugar crash in the afternoon as I see your getting 68g of carbs and that sounds like it's mostly from fruit.

I agree with Chaco to limit the nuts and maybe do some coffee with a good fat mixed in.

Also I find getting away from my cubicle hell and taking a 15 minute walk does wonders for my energy.
            Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Comment

Thanks, I'll try cutting back on the apples and moving around more. I got worried that I was missing something, nutrition-wise. But yeah, you're right, almost all my carbs are fruits...usually sweet fruits. I appreciate the help. Grok on.

Comment

Have you tried masturbating in the afternoon?

If you can quickies with a friend always help me.
                Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                Current Weight: 235 pounds
                Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by kenn View Post
                  Have you tried masturbating in the afternoon?

If you can quickies with a friend always help me.
                  haha. I find the effect to be the opposite. A nice pleasure session makes me want to take a nap more.
                  Started 9/5/11 at 212lb
                  Last weigh in 12/10/11 at 188lb
                  Goal: 160

Comment

Working...
                  X