Meat Eaters That Criticize Hunting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meat Eaters That Criticize Hunting

If you go find hunting videos on YouTube, there's no shortage of people ranting about how cruel they are for hunting. They even rant when the animal being hunted is overpopulated and ruining the ecosystem.

It's impossible that all of those comments come from vegetarians. How hypocritical of someone to talk about cruelty, simply because they get their meat from a store, already chopped up and without "a face". It's completely hypocritical. And I can imagine the animals they're eating had a worse life than the animals being hunted.

I don't hunt, and I instinctual am not "used to" seeing deer and other animals being killed. But I understand that's a instinctual emotion, and had I been hunting as a kid I would be fine with it. These people instantly translate this emotion into some argument against hunting, which is ridiculous.

I respect the vegetarians who are criticizing it more than the meat eaters. At least they aren't hypocrites.

You read the comments on trolltube? Lmao!
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Yeah, that's like my family. I want to hunt, they threaten to disown me while eating mcdonalds. Little do they know that I killed small birds growing up. The rabbits didn't stay still long enough to hit with a rock.
      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

It's a combination of Disney conditioning and ignorance about what really happens to factory farmed animals. They just need a little gentle enlightenment.

There are some crappy hunters out there who have no qualms about leaving a wounded animal to suffer, but overall there is no comparison in my mind to the amount of suffering generated by factory farmed meet. Trapping is another story, IMO. I think there is a lot of suffering associated with trapping.
        Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

What about the hunters who don't eat their kills?

I just read a comment the other day about a guy who loves to hunt ducks, but doesn't eat them. He doesn't kill them for other people either - he just kills to kill.

To destroy life for no other reason than fun, disgusts me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosnic View Post
            If you go find hunting videos on YouTube, there's no shortage of people ranting about how cruel they are for hunting. They even rant when the animal being hunted is overpopulated and ruining the ecosystem.

It's impossible that all of those comments come from vegetarians. How hypocritical of someone to talk about cruelty, simply because they get their meat from a store, already chopped up and without "a face". It's completely hypocritical. And I can imagine the animals they're eating had a worse life than the animals being hunted.

I don't hunt, and I instinctual am not "used to" seeing deer and other animals being killed. But I understand that's a instinctual emotion, and had I been hunting as a kid I would be fine with it. These people instantly translate this emotion into some argument against hunting, which is ridiculous.

I respect the vegetarians who are criticizing it more than the meat eaters. At least they aren't hypocrites.
            I agree 100%.

I have more respect for someone who actually does the dirty work than someone who just buys their meat at the supermarket and 'sees no evil, hears no evil, and thinks no evil' about where the meat is coming from.
            Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Comment

Originally posted by Lily Marie View Post

I just read a comment the other day about a guy who loves to hunt ducks, but doesn't eat them. He doesn't kill them for other people either - he just kills to kill.

If he shoots them and donates them to people who will eat it, then I don't see the problem. If the meat gets wasted, its illegal.

Comment

Even when I was a veg, I supported hunting. IMO, the kindest life is a good one in a field or woods with a quick death at the end. I still don't eat factory farmed meats. But people are stupid and don;t think about how exactly that meat in the foam package was killed and raised. I mean, look at it this way- I'd rather you shoot me unexpectedly out on a trail run than be raised in a pen, standing in my own feces, thrown on an overcrowded truck, put on an assembly line, hoping the guy making $6 an hour knows how to use the captive bolt right.... watching the person in front of me die and smelling their blood.

We get a little sentimental about animals lives. They know suffering and pain, that's for sure. But they aren't aware of life spans- a horse being euthanized isn't thinking as the needle goes in..."no more grain, no horse shows, I'll miss seeing my foal show"... they simply aren't aware of the concept of death like we are. So a good life and a quick death with no suffering is a good deal, even if they don't get eaten.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

I swear that I sometimes suspect that all the "anti-hunting" people are actually just hunters in disguise staging a mini false flag just to drum up arguments. I say this because, I've always been pretty argumentative and look for stupid things to debate about, but I've never once, in my entire life, met anybody who had a problem with hunting. Ever.

Every time somebody is complaining about "anti-hunting critics" or whatever, they're never talking about somebody that they actually know, but somebody they heard about from the mainstream media. These (supposed) anti-hunting people are so rare that the mass media has to run out and find them (or fabricate them in the first place) to stir up hatred and distrust. I would guess that it's fewer than 1 in 100,000 people who say that hunting should be banned or anything along those lines.

So I think that this is basically a media-generated non-issue used to get people fighting with each other. Divide and conquer.

Comment

My dad's coworker: "How can you shoot at innocent little Bambi?!?"
                    My dad: "I have never shot a cartoon character in my life."

It does happen. My wife's family is not against hunting per se, but they've had bad experiences with hunters and don't let them on their land anymore. I could probably go hunting there, and there is one cousin that hunts there, but the deer hunters shooting cows, or the bear hunters drinking beer in their trucks, watching their dogs roam on a GPS tracker through other people's land and homes and farms are not making any friends. Many of their neighbors seem to have similar views.

Comment

Originally posted by Lily Marie View Post

Now THAT is terrible!

Comment

I think hunting just to hunt and not using or donating the game is sick. I am the biggest animal lover you will meet but I support hunting for meat 100%. My spouse hunts and fishes year round ( I only fish). Our state is darn cold and it is hard for the deer to get enough to eat many winters. Those poor things can really get thin. I figure hubby besides filling our freezer is leaving on less critter out there to fight to survive the winter and over populate.

Comment

Started 9/5/11 at 212lb
                          Last weigh in 12/10/11 at 188lb
                          Goal: 160

Comment

I grew up hunting ... small game when I was little, then deer and other game by the time I was 6. Both parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles hunted. My sister hunts, along with her husband, kids and grandchildren. I brought my son up to hunt, and luckily he was able to hunt with my Dad for a number of years , in fact he took my Dad to hunt less than a week before my Dad died.

Beyond the ever present lessons in safety, we were taught about tracking, how to smell and see, along with things like the bone and muscle structure of each animal and how each animal interacts with the environment and other animals. This was something we lived with on a day to day basis, not just during deer season - the value and understanding of why we hunt and the honoring of what we take.
                            It was always stressed that we hunted for our food, not for sport, or for the sake of just killing something. There is no honor in killing just to kill. My Dad always told me that if I was going to kill something, then it was also my responsibility to make it a clean kill and to clean and dress out the meat. Granted the exception to that is if I am being attacked, then it becomes the responsibility of survival.

I have taken squirrel, rabbits, hog, etc. at times, fully knowing that the meat was not for me, but it was a conscious kill, and as with other hunts, I did offering and prayer for the animal, skinned it, dressed it and then took it to Elders that did not hunt. Even when I was a Veg, I was still hunting, because it put meat in the freezer for the family and on the table for some of the elderly friends and the Elders.

It disgusts me that there are so many sick bastards out there who think nothing of shooting just to kill, then walking away and leaving the meat to rot.
                            Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Comment

Originally posted by Orannhawk View Post
                              It disgusts me that there are so many sick bastards out there who think nothing of shooting just to kill, then walking away and leaving the meat to rot.
                              You have a fine sense of responsibility regarding the hunt~ but remember, there are hundreds of critters out there~ nothing goes to waste~ it certainly doesn't sit there in the fields long enough to rot~

Comment

Working...
                              X