Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm trying to come up with a working definition of the word "diet"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm trying to come up with a working definition of the word "diet"

    It's hard to explain to people how you're losing the weight, right? They keep asking if you're on a "diet." But it's not a diet. It doesn't feel like a diet. You're not hungry all the time. You don't feel cranky and miserable. You actually feel better. It feels natural. It feels right. It feels like this is what you should've been doing all along. It's not a temporary measure.

    So what is a diet?

    diet (n): Any program of weight loss that requires you to ignore the signals your body is sending you.
    Last edited by SeanM; 01-14-2012, 06:01 AM.

  • #2
    DIET = "DIE"T

    Not really a definition, but the word "Die" comes to me when I think of "Diet"
    Started Primal: 12/31/2011
    SW and BF%: 189.7 @ 33% (chest 41.5 - waist 30.5 - hips 41.5)
    CW and BF%: 182 @ 30.1%
    GW and BF%: 165 @ 18%?? LGN, baby!!

    My Primal Journal

    Comment


    • #3
      Have you tried the dictionary? There are probably two noun definitions and one or two verb defs and some adjective and maybe adverb definitions also. I guess you're looking for the snarky Primal Blueprint Dieter definition.
      Beware of fake meat.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Curmujeon View Post
        Have you tried the dictionary? There are probably two noun definitions and one or two verb defs and some adjective and maybe adverb definitions also. I guess you're looking for the snarky Primal Blueprint Dieter definition.
        Well, we wouldn't want to be snarky, would we?

        The dictionary definition doesn't cover what I've been doing. That's why I'm trying to think of a new one. Didn't mean to annoy you.
        Last edited by SeanM; 01-14-2012, 08:40 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          You can say "I just eat real food now. Not for momentary weight loss, but for my health for my whole life."
          Making adventure out of this thing called life

          Comment


          • #6
            I just tell people "I changed my way of eating."

            Usually they ask, well what does that mean. Then I explain it as briefly as I can- I listen to my body, I eat only real food (meat, veggies, fruit & nuts), eat when I'm hungry and not when I'm not... etc.

            Comment


            • #7
              Our diet is what we eat. We are all on a diet, often beginning with mother's milk. Some people's diet is mindless and crappy. Some people's diets are mindful and crappy. Some work

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
                Our diet is what we eat. We are all on a diet, often beginning with mother's milk. Some people's diet is mindless and crappy. Some people's diets are mindful and crappy. Some work
                +1

                one question though, did you just not finished your last sentence. but regardless, i TOTALLY agree with this!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                  I just tell people "I changed my way of eating."

                  Usually they ask, well what does that mean. Then I explain it as briefly as I can- I listen to my body, I eat only real food (meat, veggies, fruit & nuts), eat when I'm hungry and not when I'm not... etc.
                  ^Perfect way of handling that situation!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Diet can mean "Weight loss plan", but it also means "Way of eating".
                    Example: 'The diet of the koala is eucalyptus'

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X