What animals have you eaten?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What animals have you eaten?

The hunting thread got me thinking about this. I'm pretty sure Grok would have eaten anything he could get to hold still long enough for him to bite it. My list excluding the normal stuff:

Deer, elk, moose, bear, ostrich, wild hog, squirrel, raccoon, dove, quail, rattlesnake, and alligator

I don't have any problems with the idea of eating an opossum, but can't get past the idea of having to touch one that much. My goal for the year is bobcat. I've got about a month and a half to get one and if I do, it's going to be dinner.

Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Rat, Bear, Snake, Crocodile, Insect, Spider, Peacock.
      A menu in Laos I saw had 4 dishes : chicken, beef, pork and "meat". I figure the meat was what's in kenn's pic.

Comment

Hmm...

Buffalo, Deer, Raccoon, Fox, Coyote, Ostrich, Kangaroo, Elk, Antelope, Alligator, Eel, Urchin, Squid, Cuttlefish, Snake, Frog, Snails, Mealworms, Turtle, Squirrel, Balut (partially developed eggs- both duck & chicken), Boar, Goat, Rabbit

As well as various organs, including: Heart, Tongue, Sweetbreads (thymus), Oysters (testicles), Brains, Kidneys

This year I hope to cross off: Woodchuck, Porcupine, Possum, Bear, Peacock
        Last edited by Diana Renata; 01-11-2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Aside from the obvious, turtle, rattlesnake, squirrel, frog legs, octopus, squid, shark, springbok, kudu, kangaroo, ostrich, wild boar, deer, alligator, conch, buffalo, goat, snails, eel, duck, goose, quail and rabbit. Maybe others. I'll have to think about it
          Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

I will add beluga and bowhead whales as well as various seal species, caribou, Dall sheep, moose.... I you have never tried fermented bowhead muktuk, well, you are not missing much. It is sort of like a gift that keeps on giving .... for several hours

Comment

Moose, caribou, Dall sheep, bear, porcupine, cougar, sea cucumber, sea urchin, most anything in a shell that lives in the Pacific North West, snowshoe hare, generic rabbits, shark (dogfish, and blech), bison, cabezon (most delicious fish ever), ducks of various species, geese of various species, quail, octopus, eel (yeah I'm just going through everyone else's list and going yup, yup, nope, yup, nope...) I can't think of anything completely unique off the top of my head... but growing up chicken was pretty exotic, we got mallards most of the time.

Comment

Including the usual and in no particular order: cow, pig, sheep, chicken, turkey, duck, domestic goose, wild goose, rabbit, alligator, shark, eel, tuna, salmon, mahi-mahi, blue crab, king crab, lobster, crayfish, swordfish, cod, mackerel, sea urchin, conch, mussel, clam, oyster, white tail deer, skate, flounder, abalone, octopus, squid, frog (just the legs), snail, raccoon, rat.

I'd eat any of them again except the rat. Rat is terrible.

I will not knowingly eat any of the "pet" species - dog, cat, horse, etc.

Comment

What was horrible about the rat? I've always been curious about them.

Comment

Deer, squid, rabbit, duck, alligator, quail, turtle, boar, plus almost any fish or shellfish that lives in the swamp/marsh (shrimp, crabs, crawfish, perch, sac-a-lait, red fish, snapper, drum, catfish [mud and channel], flounder).

Comment

I had a possum pie once. My form of payback to those little bastards who play chasey across my roof all night long and screech and chuff at each other from the trees, keeping me awake.
                      I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

Nothing too exotic here. From the top of my head: cow, pig, chicken, turkey, duck, lamb/sheep (including smalahove, which is somewhat overrated IMO), goat, ostrich, horse (not as a steak--yet, but as ingredient in other "meat products"), whale, deer, elk/moose, raindeer, kangaroo, buffalo, goose (liver), octopus/squid, crab, lobster, crayfish (freshwater), shrimp and a wide variety of fish.

I'd like to taste bear and seal someday as well. Other than that, I don't really feel the need to eat too many "strange" animals...
                        Norak's Primal Journal:
                        2010-07-23: ~255lbs, ~40.0"
                        2011-11-03: ~230lbs, ~35.5"
                        2011-12-07: ~220lbs, ~34.0"

Comment

What no dog eaters? I think Grok would have had a dog or two in his time. I had dog in Korea and it was very tasty! Of course just like any other meat it is all about the seasoning!
                          Living the dream, inside a myth

Comment

What is that? A Hyena or a dingo?
                            An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
                            -Somebody funny

Comment

Originally posted by Littlesigh View Post
                              What no dog eaters? I think Grok would have had a dog or two in his time. I had dog in Korea and it was very tasty! Of course just like any other meat it is all about the seasoning!
                              I've had coyote. Close enough to a German Shepherd.

Comment

Working...
                              X