Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving the wagon at approximately 9.8 meters per second squared...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving the wagon at approximately 9.8 meters per second squared...

I declared a 'primal break' night and ate a large amount of just terribly bad-for-me food while watching hockey. I'm not at all concerned about the long-term effects of such a thing, and I don't really treat the Blueprint as religion. But I do feel absolutely terrible now. What's the best way to get back on track with as little of this bloaty tubbo-the-wonder-slug feeling as possible?

M

Carry on eating primal foods, and don't do it again
    Surely how you feel is enough to tell you that PB is a great way of life?

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I love PB (and my weight is down about 40lbs for it). I just... ow. Consider it a 'trial by bloat.'

M

Comment

its late but what does gravity have to do with it?
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Drinks lots of water. Have a big ass salad. Laugh at yourself. Wait for your body to re-adjust again.
          See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Comment

Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
            its late but what does gravity have to do with it?
            If I have fallen off of a wagon, I would have had to do so at a certain velocity.

M

Comment

Whine about it on the Internet some more.
              You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Are you falling far enough to hit terminal velocity? 'Cause otherwise your velocity is constantly changing. But you are at a certain gravitational acceleration.

(sorry, had to dust off some nerdy college physics there...)
                Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Comment

I must commend you for reaching terminal velocity so quickly! The biggest thing for me is remembering not to beat myself up over it, simply to be present and make decisions that enhance the quality of my life in the current moment. You can't change what you've done, no matter how you feel about it - but you can ruin the present by feeling guilty and punishing yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by raney View Post
                    You can't change what you've done, no matter how you feel about it - but you can ruin the present by feeling guilty and punishing yourself.
                    That's the thing -- I'm not guilty about it, I just feel sick. Does anyone know if IF is a good way to reset things faster than just going right back to primal in the morning?

M

Comment

I'm no physicist guys but from what I remember from high school 9.8 m/s^2 is the acceleration, not velocity. From the instant you start falling (in a vacuum at least) you are accelerating at 9.8 m/s^2, which means that every second your speed is increasing 9.8 meters/second. After 1 second your velocity is 9.8 m/s, after 2 seconds your velocity is 19.6 m/s, and so on until you reach terminal velocity which is 54 m/s.

So no matter how far you're falling your acceleration is 9.8 m/s^2, until you reach terminal velocity. So Emmett just used the wrong word in post #6, the title is valid.

This isn't that interesting, is it? Nobody asked? Oh god, I'm becoming a teacher. I am destined to bore the uninterested.

Comment

Originally posted by DubleYoo View Post
                        I'm no physicist guys but from what I remember from high school 9.8 m/s^2 is the acceleration, not velocity. From the instant you start falling (in a vacuum at least) you are accelerating at 9.8 m/s^2, which means that every second your speed is increasing 9.8 meters/second. After 1 second your velocity is 9.8 m/s, after 2 seconds your velocity is 19.6 m/s, and so on until you reach terminal velocity which is 54 m/s.
                        You are correct. My chemistry is stronger than my physics these days; damn you paleosphere.

Emmett, my usual routine is to eat a solid, satiating, fully primal/paleo meal the next time that you are hungry, and THEN fast, 18 - 24hr. Fasting will help your body reset itself and return to normal, but I don't believe in fasting when you aren't in a nutrient repleted state. Not to mention that eating junk will cause hunger; fasting after protein/fat is much easier to bear.

Comment

That sounds like great advice raney. Think I'm going to give that a try after a not-so good day yesterday.
                          Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Comment

Originally posted by VeloCity.X View Post
                            That sounds like great advice raney.
                            Agreed, thanks! I'll wait until I'm hungry, eat some beef and broccoli and run IF for a day or so. I'll report back.

M

Comment

Correction.... -9.8ms^2

Or -32fps^2 for the barbarions that dont get on board with the rest of the world.. (yes I am an American lol) Hell even Americans cars use all metric fasteners and such...

/tangent rant

Comment

Working...
                              X