I have some cake in the fridge..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have some cake in the fridge..

and it's been calling my name for 3 days.

Can I eat it? Just today? Pretty plz? *_*

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

coconut flour cake, sweetened with berries? hehe.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Sure, I&#39;ll pretend it is... 0=]

Comment

Incoming cake-binge!

Comment

Eat it.

My guess is you won&#39;t enjoy it as much as you remember enjoying cake in the past...

and how did it get in your fridge anyway??? Cake fairy? haha.

we all need reminders now and then. I ate some goldfish crackers this morning in a bout of nausea-induced desperation - trying to "soak up" bile or whatever people say crackers do when you feel gross... it tasted like I drank rancid canola oil. So nasty.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

If you really want it, eat it, if you want to stay on track for than you want to eat it, then throw it out. The one thing I&#39;ll say is this, if it&#39;s been sitting in your fridge for 3 days, then it&#39;s not that fresh anymore, so it won&#39;t be that great, and if you want to go off plan, then make sure it&#39;s something that&#39;s worth it.

Comment

You&#39;re right. I won&#39;t like it. I went back and smelled it, and I thought to myself, "it&#39;s not worth it."

I&#39;m all for the occasional cheat but I&#39;ll wait till I get my hands on something better!

Thanks guys, I beat the temptation... today. =]

Comment

Good job Raphael!

LMAO FNW, cake fairy!!!

Yes, cheats need to be worth it. I&#39;m making almond butter brownies with toasted hazelnuts covered in raspberry coulis for a potluck this weekend. TOTALLY WORTH IT!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
                -John Lennon

Comment

Skip it. My wife just brought home some girl scout thin mints for my bday and I ate half the pack. It&#39;s only been about an hr since downing the pack and I feel like barfing it. I&#39;m giving the rest away at work tomm. It seems like more and more of the foods I used to consider as treats just end up making me feel sick.

Comment

For me, it is pizza. I looooove it. I practically inject it. Could very easily eat it every day, every meal.

So, last week I just felt like I wanted it too much so I bought one. It was pretty good, but felt off that night. Next day it felt exactly like a bad hangover. Last night I thought about about it again, easier to resist...

Comment

Good for you, Raphael!

I&#39;ve learned this the hard way, and the cheat has never been worth it. Not much of a treat at all

Comment

curse those girl scout cookies. they are selling them at my work this week and it&#39;s driving me crazy.

Comment

@FNW: regarding tasting the rancid oils... I experience that too. It&#39;s gross. A few days ago I was out shopping - and starving - so I opted for a seared chicken burger (sans the bun). Still, the mayo or something must have had some vegetable oils in it, because soon afterwards I had an unpleasant taste in my mouth. =/

I&#39;m not partial to anything grainy (pasta, bread), but at this point I still have a fondness for sweet or creamy things (ice cream). If there&#39;s pizza or crackers I&#39;m not phased, but have some Coconut Ferrero Raffaello in the fridge and I&#39;m struggling a little..!

When it comes to these things I remind myself that I really do prefer healthy food (fresh strawberries > chocolate biscuit), and how these foods affect me (that lousy hangover/junky feeling that others described).

However, if I truly want one, then I make sure it&#39;s really good quality and I&#39;ll savour one piece. Sure, maybe I&#39;m not &#39;perfect&#39; by doing this, but I find this moderated approach saves me from spiralling down and eating the whole thing/packet.

Comment

@FNW: We have a, "Ladies&#39; Night" tradition at my apartment. Last Thursday, I brought a slow-cooked spinach/beef curry- but didn&#39;t have time to make Cauliflower "Rice".

The Hostess made Cous-cous- I was totally prepared to eat some, but it smelled weird to me. Couldn&#39;t do it- just moved it around the bowl a little ;-)

Smelled rancid and nasty...are there PUFAs in cous-cous?

Comment

raphael- i get a sweet tooth, too. here is a link to a grain free, agave sweetened chocolate cake recipe i made, along with a hundred others. i have primal cooking blog, with a lot of recipes for sweets. i indulge sensibly have at it:

http://eatthecookie.wordpress.com/20...hocolate-cake/

Comment

Working...
                              X