Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scientists Activate Ancient Genes in Ants Creating 'Super Soldiers'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scientists Activate Ancient Genes in Ants Creating 'Super Soldiers'

    Nightmarish 'supersoldier' ants with huge heads and jaws have been created by activating ancient genes.

    Scientists believe the monster ants may be a genetic throwback to an ancestor that lived millions of years ago.

  • #2
    I heard on a tv show that they're playing with chicken genes to try and get one to have claws and scales, or some such - since they share DNA with dinosaurs.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Lily Marie View Post
      I heard on a tv show that they're playing with chicken genes to try and get one to have claws and scales, or some such - since they share DNA with dinosaurs.
      I'm sure in a secret lab somewhere they are experimenting with activating ancient Neanderthal genes in humans.

      Comment


      • #4
        We already have these in Australia:

        http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com...1147143608.jpg
        A steak a day keeps the doctor away

        Comment


        • #5
          oh boy!

          Comment


          • #6
            Damn. The rest of the ant community will have to ant-e up.

            As interesting as this stuff may be, genetics is the one category that I hate hearing about advances. It's like developing nuclear energetic ability. Sooner or later, you build a bomb out of it or pollute with a nuclear meltdown.

            Comment


            • #7
              If you understand what they did, it's harmless and fun. They just turned to an old page in the ant recipe book and cooked up an old version of the animal. It's not a big deal, it's not a threat to anything.
              Crohn's, doing SCD

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                If you understand what they did, it's harmless and fun. They just turned to an old page in the ant recipe book and cooked up an old version of the animal. It's not a big deal, it's not a threat to anything.
                I saw a documentary where this went horribly wrong.

                Empire of the Ants (1977) trailer - YouTube

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hardwarehank View Post
                  I saw a documentary where this went horribly wrong.

                  Empire of the Ants (1977) trailer - YouTube
                  HAHA! That movie looks awesome.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Grok View Post
                    HAHA! That movie looks awesome.
                    Even better: THEM! - YouTube

                    You can't beat a classic.
                    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X