Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flu Vaccine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
    may your nurses be hot and bosomy, kenn
    They aren't, however, they are friendly and funny
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
      this didn't seem very nice to me
      That was a statement of my opinion which has not changed. It was not directed toward any one individual. Since when are people not allowed to express opinions that do not agree with the mainstream around here? I thought we were all about freedom from the imposition of orthodox ways of thinking. So then we go and create a new orthodoxy and anyone who dares question it gets shouted down as a heretic.

      The same thing happened to me when I had the temerity to question "the fact" that everyone is vitamin D deficient and needs supplementation.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        I know I will get shouted down but one vote here for social as well as personal and family responsibility. Get vaccinated.
        Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        That was a statement of my opinion which has not changed. It was not directed toward any one individual. Since when are people not allowed to express opinions that do not agree with the mainstream around here? I thought we were all about freedom from the imposition of orthodox ways of thinking. So then we go and create a new orthodoxy and anyone who dares question it gets shouted down as a heretic.

        State your opinion all you want. Just don't say that people who don't agree with your views on the flu vaccine are socially irresponsible and bad parents. That's why you're getting the blowback that you got in this thread. I just got done reading another flu vaccine thread on this board and there is a civil discussion going on in that thread. Probably because someone didn't open up saying either get the flu vaccine or you're a horrible person.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Hardwarehank View Post
          State your opinion all you want. Just don't say that people who don't agree with your views on the flu vaccine are socially irresponsible and bad parents. That's why you're getting the blowback that you got in this thread. I just got done reading another flu vaccine thread on this board and there is a civil discussion going on in that thread. Probably because someone didn't open up saying either get the flu vaccine or you're a horrible person.
          Oh boy! You mean there's another flu vaccine related thread on this board? Wow, I should go participate in that one too. Something constructive might come out of it.
          /<sarcasm>

          I stated my opinion that getting a vaccine is socially responsible. All the "if you don't you're a horrible person" stuff is in your head, it's not what I said. I think people who choose not to get a vax because they really believe the risks outweigh the benefits are misinformed, not horrible people (as I have repeatedly said). I have the right to that opinion. And to state it.

          When people take the attitude of callousness of saying "the old and the weak die, so what?", that is cold and heartless. If it were your 86 year old Dad in danger, you would care, hopefully. I care for my Dad and that other old guy I don't know because he is someone's Dad.

          If caring about my fellow human beings makes me an MDA pariah, so be it.
          Last edited by Paleobird; 12-27-2011, 12:10 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Lily Marie View Post
            I'm not going to get vaccinated because someone weaker may catch a virus. The weak succumb. It's the way of the world.
            This is heartless. Is this who we want to be as a community?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              Oh boy! You mean there's another flu vaccine related thread on this board?
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread38960.html

              Comment


              • Have to be honest here~ for someone to think I have a 'social responsibility' to inject my body with ANY substance for the protection of others ~especially when it will have no benefits for me~ is really stepping over the line. If someone needs protection, then maybe they should be proactive and get their own shot. And that is MY opinion.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Nady View Post
                  Have to be honest here~ for someone to think I have a 'social responsibility' to inject my body with ANY substance for the protection of others ~especially when it will have no benefits for me~ is really stepping over the line. If someone needs protection, then maybe they should be proactive and get their own shot. And that is MY opinion.
                  +1
                  Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                  Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                  Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Nady View Post
                    Have to be honest here~ for someone to think I have a 'social responsibility' to inject my body with ANY substance for the protection of others ~especially when it will have no benefits for me~ is really stepping over the line. If someone needs protection, then maybe they should be proactive and get their own shot. And that is MY opinion.
                    My father has had his shot. He still is at greater risk due to his age. The vax is not 100% effective (I never said it was). Therefore the less infected people my Dad comes into contact with, the safer he is.

                    I would have the shot for your Dad, baby niece, cousin who has asthma, friend who is on chemo, etc. and I have never met any of those people. I think it is the right thing to do because we are a community, a tribe if you will. We should look out for each other.
                    But then, I don't believe the vaccine is harmful. If you do, fine, I have no quarrel with that. You have the right to that opinion.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                      My father has had his shot. He still is at greater risk due to his age. The vax is not 100% effective (I never said it was). Therefore the less infected people my Dad comes into contact with, the safer he is.

                      I would have the shot for your Dad, baby niece, cousin who has asthma, friend who is on chemo, etc. and I have never met any of those people. I think it is the right thing to do because we are a community, a tribe if you will. We should look out for each other.
                      But then, I don't believe the vaccine is harmful. If you do, fine, I have no quarrel with that. You have the right to that opinion.
                      If your father is that frail, putting your faith in a flu shot, his or anyone else's, is foolish. Get him physical protection~ surgical masks, cotton gloves, whatever~ but please don't try to tell me it's someone else's job to keep him safe~ this is America~ land of freedom and personal responsibility.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Nady View Post
                        this is America~ land of freedom and personal responsibility.
                        Ideally.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Nady View Post
                          If your father is that frail, putting your faith in a flu shot, his or anyone else's, is foolish. Get him physical protection~ surgical masks, cotton gloves, whatever~ but please don't try to tell me it's someone else's job to keep him safe~ this is America~ land of freedom and personal responsibility.
                          He's actually in quite robust health for his age, thanks so much for caring.

                          It's not about person A keeping person B safe. It is about all of us keeping all of us safe. Collectively.

                          But then any concept beyond the first person singular seems to be falling on deaf ears around here.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                            He's actually in quite robust health for his age, thanks so much for caring.

                            It's not about person A keeping person B safe. It is about all of us keeping all of us safe. Collectively.

                            But then any concept beyond the first person singular seems to be falling on deaf ears around here.
                            With less than a 5% success rate, this is a pointless argument. I believe the term 'placebo' is more fitting than 'vaccination'~

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Nady View Post
                              With less than a 5% success rate, this is a pointless argument. I believe the term 'placebo' is more fitting than 'vaccination'~
                              I disagree about the success rate but fully agree about the pointlessness of continuing this argument.

                              Comment


                              • In Oz all the healthworkers have to get it. I've even had it when I had a cold and it never bothered me. I have to laugh at all the people on this thread and the other one who say everyone they know who had the vaccine got sick. If that were true the entire Australian health worker population would be off sick during the month that the mass vaccination occur.

                                Some people have said some heartless and selfish things in this thread. I don't for a second believe they mean it. I think it's just internet boasting. Or maybe I'm just optimistic that the things people have said don't reflect their reality.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X