Flu Vaccine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kenn View Post
    Can't stay on topic so you go to the ad hominem, stay classy.
    It's called a joke, kenn. Lighten up!

Comment

I can kind of understand those who don't get flu vaccinations. Unless you're in regular contact with young children/babies or the elderly, catching the flu is a mild inconvenience and pretty much an accepted part of life.

The one that gets me angry is parents who don't vaccinate their kids because of the "health risks". Newsflash: a child who is not vaccinated faces far greater "health risks" in the form of measles, mumps, rubella, polio, diphteria, tetanus, whooping cough etc. And they make that decision based on a discredited "study" that linked autism to vaccinations and the anecdotal evidence of "I never got vaccinated/know someone who didnt' and didn't get sick so it's not necessary".

Comment

well, with my immune system, I appreciate it when others get the flu shot. If you do then thank you.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

My mom had my brother and I vaccinated as babies, but only after we'd grown some and she felt we were ready for it. No pumping us full of needles at birth and such.

We do use zappers (electrical boxes that kill viruses, bacteria and funguses) so that probably helps too.

Comment

There are no anti-bodies you can produce to be immune to a virus. There are millions of different viruses, which one will you get a shot for?
            Once you fight off hte flu shot, your temporary 'anti-bodies' are gone.
            So, why inject your body with poison just to see if it's able to fight this off? It's irony.

Comment

Cushion-y false sense of hope?

Comment

you must have a very healthy immune system- congratulations. I am happy eliminating even one virus if possible. You can not understand and I will not even attempt to help you in that area as it seems impossible for you to see the other side of this.

be healthy.. be happy.
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

If you feel the need to get a flu shot, then go for it. However, you can still catch the flu and still pass the virus to others. The shot does not prevent you from being a carrier. Therefore, a perfectly healthy person has no real reason to get the shot if they chose not too. Again, the shot does not prevent you from transmitting the virus. I view some vaccines as necessary. I did wait to give them to my children at an older age. I view other vaccines like the flu shot as a useless money making scheme.

Comment

paleobird..

smh.
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

What? I stand by my opinions.

What makes me smh is the level of scientific ignorance around here. People reject a time tested and scientifically proven technique like vaccines but buy "zappers" (electrical boxes that kill viruses, bacteria and funguses) instead. Yeahright.
                      Last edited by Paleobird; 12-21-2011, 08:28 PM.

Comment

I'm surprised people who are following the Primal Blueprint, where one of the main principles is "avoid poisonous things", are so gung-ho about vaccines. Most of the diseases vaccines "protect" against are mild childhood illnesses. Tetanus can be prevented with the TIG, rather than the tetanus toxoid vaccine, and the TIG can be given on a case by case basis. Tetanus is also prevented by cleaning wounds thoroughly.

In 1983, children received 10 vaccines, today they receive 36, more if they're suckered into Gardasil. That is a LOT of chemicals to pump into a growing body. We take vaccines on a case by case basis. So far, I haven't found a reason to get any for my children. I might consider Rubella for the girls eventually.
                        ~Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          What? I stand by my opinions.

What makes me smh is the level of scientific ignorance around here. People reject a time tested and scientifically proven technique like vaccines but buy "zappers" (electrical boxes that kill viruses, bacteria and funguses) instead. Yeahright.
                          You ever look into the effects of electricity on H.I.V. and other viruses/bacteria/ect.?
                          Ever used a zapper?
                          It's not voodoo magic, it's only electricity. Nothing spooky or faux about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lily Marie View Post
                            You ever look into the effects of electricity on H.I.V. and other viruses/bacteria/ect.?
                            Ever used a zapper?
                            It's not voodoo magic, it's only electricity. Nothing spooky or faux about it.
                            smh

http://www.quackwatch.com/01Quackery...cer/clark.html
                            Last edited by Paleobird; 12-21-2011, 10:58 PM.

Comment

You can still pass around a flu bug even when you are vaccinated...doesn't mean you have to be SICK to pass it around. You can just carry it around...no my family does not get the flu vax nor do I feel irresponsible or selfish for not doing so. And let me go ahead and add I also am not UNEDUCATED or foolishly following some silly autism article....wow. There are far more reasons to research whether vaxing is for your family or not that have absolutely nothing to do with autism tyvm.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                                It's called a joke, kenn. Lighten up!
                                Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                                Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                                Current Weight: 235 pounds
                                Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Working...
                                X