Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flu Vaccine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Never had a flu shot. I rarely get sick. Washing your hands is probably the most effective thing you can do.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by kenn View Post
      yet you don't claim it works well
      It's not perfect but it's better than nothing.

      If my allegedly "bullet-proof" Primal immune system should happen to let a flu bug slip in, I would be fine. I'm young and strong. I might have a seizure or two from the fever, but I would survive. If however, I passed it along to my 86 year old Dad and he got pneumonia and died, I would never forgive myself.

      Any one of you could get that same bug and sneeze in the aisle of whole foods while shopping for soup ingredients and my Dad could walk by and the same thing would happen. You are all just so damn smug in your, "I don't need a vax, I'm tough" attitudes, you would never realize that you had KILLED a person.

      Social responsibility folks. If you live out in a cabin somewhere so you will never infect anyone else, fine, skip the vax and take your chances for you. Taking chances with someone else's life is just wrong.

      Comment


      • #18
        Nope.
        Start Weight: 265.8
        Current Weight: 234.4
        Leptin Reset started Jan 1, 2014

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
          Taking chances with someone else's life is just wrong.
          This sentence here is just so full of holes I don't even know where to start. Its not ok for us to take a chance on someone else's life but we can put our life in the hands of the makers of the vaccine with the ingredients they put in?

          1. Vaccines do not have a 100% efficacy rate. SO many people have had the shot and still get the flu.
          2. The ingredients and animal abuse they use to make the flu shot are so unethical its disgusting.


          I gotta bow out of this discussion. It just makes my blood boil.

          Vaccines. I spit.
          Start Weight: 265.8
          Current Weight: 234.4
          Leptin Reset started Jan 1, 2014

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
            You are all just so damn smug in your, "I don't need a vax, I'm tough" attitudes, you would never realize that you had KILLED a person.

            Social responsibility folks. If you live out in a cabin somewhere so you will never infect anyone else, fine, skip the vax and take your chances for you. Taking chances with someone else's life is just wrong.
            I'm not going to get vaccinated because someone weaker may catch a virus. The weak succumb. It's the way of the world.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Lily Marie View Post
              I'm not going to get vaccinated because someone weaker may catch a virus. The weak succumb. It's the way of the world.
              That is incredibly cold hearted.

              Comment


              • #22
                Wow!
                Karin


                Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                  It's not perfect but it's better than nothing.

                  If my allegedly "bullet-proof" Primal immune system should happen to let a flu bug slip in, I would be fine. I'm young and strong. I might have a seizure or two from the fever, but I would survive. If however, I passed it along to my 86 year old Dad and he got pneumonia and died, I would never forgive myself.

                  Any one of you could get that same bug and sneeze in the aisle of whole foods while shopping for soup ingredients and my Dad could walk by and the same thing would happen. You are all just so damn smug in your, "I don't need a vax, I'm tough" attitudes, you would never realize that you had KILLED a person.

                  Social responsibility folks. If you live out in a cabin somewhere so you will never infect anyone else, fine, skip the vax and take your chances for you. Taking chances with someone else's life is just wrong.
                  So many conflicting messages
                  Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                  Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                  Current Weight: 235 pounds
                  Goal Weight: 195 pounds

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by kenn View Post
                    So many conflicting messages
                    I realize the idea of caring about and for anyone other than yourself may be foreign to you. That doesn't make it conflicting.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                      Wow!
                      Yep. Isn't it scary how fast an ethic of rugged individualism can devolve into, "Let's toss Grandma to the wolves"?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                        I realize the idea of caring about and for anyone other than yourself may be foreign to you. That doesn't make it conflicting.
                        I was in the Ukraine and I had this great guide and we're eating lunch and I asked her why they keep that statue of Lenin in the middle of the square. She goes on this long tirade on how they hate Lenin...she stops, smirks and says, look what's in front of the statue. They built a friggin Mcdonalds right in front of the statue! The funny shat is that the statue has the typical heroic pose but it's pointing at the Mcdonalds. She giggled and said they all laugh at it and will never take it down.
                        Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                        Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                        Current Weight: 235 pounds
                        Goal Weight: 195 pounds

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Here's how the flu shot works, if you don't get the shot you will stress out over the possibility of getting the flu. All that stress will lower your immune system and make you more susceptible to catching the flu. Or its all that formaldehyde and mercury in the shot that helps your body fight off that nasty virus.

                          I don't stress over the flu and I haven't gotten a cold/flu in years even though my husband gets 3-4 colds and maybe 1 flu a year (he's a very stressed out person). Even "if" the flu shot worked, I will never get it unless they can make a flu shot without toxins and it can be given in a non-injectable way.
                          Last edited by lizzychan5; 12-21-2011, 03:30 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            And now a report about the price of tea in China, brought to you by kenn.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                              And now a report about the price of tea in China, brought to you by kenn.
                              I didn't expect you to get it, but others will
                              Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                              Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                              Current Weight: 235 pounds
                              Goal Weight: 195 pounds

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                My husband may sometimes get the flu vaccine but I don't and I do not let my daughter get it. I don't feel that I have a social responsibility to get it because if there are elderly, sick, or young people out there who are susceptible to the flu, then they should be getting the flu shot. I should not have to potentially suffer the flu myself in order to take care of the general public, who should be taking care of themselves.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X