Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prenatal vitamins... what are you taking???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prenatal vitamins... what are you taking???

Hi all...
    I've been reading all types of forums and articles about prenatal vitamins. It seems like it's important to take them but should I take the mult-vitamins for "just in case" to cover everything or only take a few important ones???

Thanks for your suggestion!!!

New Chapter prenatal. Love them! They aren't super high in any one nutrient (they don't overdo it). And it's whole food source, which some argue doesn't matter, but I have to say that my tummy definitely knows the difference. I can take them on an empty stomach without any issues whatsoever...try doing that with a regular prenatal.

I also take magnesium, high-DHA fish oil, vitamin D, probiotics, extra iron, and vitamin C. The extra iron and vitamin C is because I'm anemic, though. I don't know that most women need to take more than what's in the prenatal.

Comment

Most women need more D, Magnesium and Zinc than the New Chapter provides. There's a link in my siggie to my blog post on Primal Pregnancy nutrition.
      Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
      Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
      Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
        Most women need more D, Magnesium and Zinc than the New Chapter provides. There's a link in my siggie to my blog post on Primal Pregnancy nutrition.
        Thanks for posting, Dragonfly -- I've been debating about adding zinc, esp during the winter. Now I think I will for sure! You are a wealth of knowledge!

p.s. Sorry for the hijack. Do you think the New Chapter zinc is safe in pregnancy? It has a lot of herbs and stuff in it. I just love their products as I never get sick from them. I have also heard good things about Thorne (zinc citrate) and it's pure. Not sure which to get.
        Last edited by ShannonPA-S; 12-13-2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X