Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
    Mine doesn't share the details of his, unless the sounds of it can be considered sharing. He's pretty well ashamed. I'm pretty certain he's got the worst case of IBS anyone has ever had. But he won't do a 30-day trial or anything like that. Modern CW has all the answers as far as he's concerned.
    Mine's a bit shit-shy so he doesn't talk about that kind of stuff. He does complain about his stomach killing him after having cereal for breakfast, but because he hates eggs he's very limited that way. Getting him to give the PB a look is a struggle and hasn't happened yet, but I'll sit here and wait for the day he comes to me for help... and I will smile!

    Boys... geez!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

    >> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

    Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

    Comment


    • Popping in to say hi, and two things:

      Down 10lbs since July 1st (until two weeks ago I was still 'cheating' with rice, some corn, and toooo much wine)

      My sister is now 'primal' - she's been training for a half marathon, and hadn't started her monthly since she stopped breast feeding last March - happy to say that within a week of eating better (ie: FAT), Aunt Flo came to visit

      I lurk in here often, you ladies are all supportive and great, keep up the good work! (and the gross-out stories lol)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by HotRodKristina View Post
        Popping in to say hi, and two things:

        Down 10lbs since July 1st (until two weeks ago I was still 'cheating' with rice, some corn, and toooo much wine)

        My sister is now 'primal' - she's been training for a half marathon, and hadn't started her monthly since she stopped breast feeding last March - happy to say that within a week of eating better (ie: FAT), Aunt Flo came to visit

        I lurk in here often, you ladies are all supportive and great, keep up the good work! (and the gross-out stories lol)
        Hey! Congrats on the 10 lbs! Most of us are still trying to find the right formula so kuddo's to you!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

        Comment


        • Thanks Still have a ways to go - started at 235 @ 5'10", my goal is 185 - heck if I can get back into a size 13 I might faint. I've got a large frame & thick waist anyways so that would be great for me! Right now I'm just focused on healing myself, the weight loss is just a great addition and incentive.

          Started back lifting heavy things, that's my favorite part! Although this time I can't carb-binge like I used to post-workout. I'm interested to see how my body reacts and recovers now w/o grains. (it's been awhile since I've been serious in the gym).

          Comment


          • Originally posted by HotRodKristina View Post
            Popping in to say hi, and two things:

            Down 10lbs since July 1st (until two weeks ago I was still 'cheating' with rice, some corn, and toooo much wine)

            My sister is now 'primal' - she's been training for a half marathon, and hadn't started her monthly since she stopped breast feeding last March - happy to say that within a week of eating better (ie: FAT), Aunt Flo came to visit

            I lurk in here often, you ladies are all supportive and great, keep up the good work! (and the gross-out stories lol)
            Awesome! Congrats to you and your sister!

            Welcome, and feel free to share your own gross stories to scare away the boys from this thread.
            >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
            >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

            >> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
            >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

            Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by HotRodKristina View Post
              Thanks Still have a ways to go - started at 235 @ 5'10", my goal is 185 - heck if I can get back into a size 13 I might faint. I've got a large frame & thick waist anyways so that would be great for me! Right now I'm just focused on healing myself, the weight loss is just a great addition and incentive.

              Started back lifting heavy things, that's my favorite part! Although this time I can't carb-binge like I used to post-workout. I'm interested to see how my body reacts and recovers now w/o grains. (it's been awhile since I've been serious in the gym).
              Hello fellow Amazonian woman. Welcome. I'm 5'10" also. I started at 210 size 16 and am now 150 size 6. It is doable.

              Comment


              • I wish I could forget the clotty ones. They made your tampon completely useless.

                Happened to me one time on a motorcycle ride when they had the one and only highway shut down, An RV was on fire in the middle of the road, and they were basically waiting for the propane tanks to explode. Meanwhile, I'm getting "that feeling" when you know your tampon has just failed. We had to ride 45 minutes with my pants doing a Rorschach test through the middle of Vegas until I could get home and undress in the shower.

                Good times.

                Yeah.

                Did I mention I love not having periods anymore?
                Durp.

                Comment


                • You know... all this chatter about the topics that might make men stay away has made me realize that there has to be at least one or two weirdo guys quietly visiting to read it just for that.
                  Ok... I know. Gross.
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                  And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                    You know... all this chatter about the topics that might make men stay away has made me realize that there has to be at least one or two weirdo guys quietly visiting to read it just for that.
                    Ok... I know. Gross.
                    Gross but not unheard of, you know -one of my maniacs keep on begging for some "used stuff".
                    Sometimes I really wonder why my stalkers can't just send roses and make funny sounds on the phone late at night -oh! I don't have a phone damnit!

                    Luce
                    No limits, only my will and the worlds I build.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                      Did I mention I love not having periods anymore?
                      I'm right there with you!!! Menopause rocks!
                      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion
                      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                        Did I mention I love not having periods anymore?
                        Originally posted by tomi View Post
                        I'm right there with you!!! Menopause rocks!
                        Reading these statements makes me SO jealous. It sucks being 55 and still having regular periods. It doesn't help that I started at 11 and have had periods when I had undetectable levels of estradiol.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                          Reading these statements makes me SO jealous. It sucks being 55 and still having regular periods. It doesn't help that I started at 11 and have had periods when I had undetectable levels of estradiol.
                          I'm with you, Marcadav, although I don't know about my estradiol levels--I've never had that checked. Started at age 11, still going, and I'm 55 also. Grrrr. My lady doc says I'm "above average" because average menopause age is 51. I told her I'd rather be average in this instance!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                            I'm with you, Marcadav, although I don't know about my estradiol levels--I've never had that checked. Started at age 11, still going, and I'm 55 also. Grrrr. My lady doc says I'm "above average" because average menopause age is 51. I told her I'd rather be average in this instance!
                            My mother is 56 and still has her period!
                            >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
                            >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

                            >> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
                            >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

                            Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MissJecka View Post
                              My mother is 56 and still has her period!
                              Oh pleeeease Jecka, don't squash my hopes...

                              Comment


                              • oh......... sorry girls. That definitely sucks! But the good news is......... it should be ending very soon! Fingers crossed!! I started missing periods about every 6 months starting at age 48 - by the time I got to 51 it was completely over. I had the hot flashes - but none of the wild moodiness that some women experience. I felt a bit teary a couple times, a maybe a bit cranky a couple times but thats it! I'm happy to say I'm done with it! You'll get there too ---- hang in there! but beware of the other not so great things that come with it............. facial hair is the worst!
                                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion
                                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X