No announcement yet.

She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so proud of myself! I resisted a table of my former favorite chocolate, chips and donuts. I mean there wasn't a single thing at this training that wasn't fattening! Now, I just need to resist the rest of the week. So glad I had lots of food already prepared. I can just relax tonight.

Comment

• i was under 5 feet all through high school, but with giant bewbies. not at all awkward. did not reach my full giant potential of 5'1.5" until sophomore year of college, lol.
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• I've been telling people I was 5'8" my entire adult life.

A couple of years ago, at the age of 45, I found out I was wrong. I'm 5'6", a whole 2 inches shorter, and I did not shrink.

Seriously, who doesn't know their own height???
        Durp.

Comment

• sometimes i have trouble remembering how old i am.
          As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
            everybody has a different sweet spot, sorry.
            Ditto this. I don't track though. I eat to be sure I'm full between meals and try to eliminate snacks. For me this means I'm eating more real foods instead of nuts or chocolate. I'm only losing ~0.5lb/week, but that's okay with me if I don't have to become obsessive about tracking my food!

Comment

• I weighed this morning and I was up over a 1lb. I was little disappointed until I realized that going off my diuertic and it being right before the start of my cycle, that it would be a wonder if I wasn't. Still would have been nice to be down. I may need to get stricter at some point.

But right now I just want to give my body a chance to get used to not being on bp meds and back to work full time on a different sleep schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavequeen View Post
                I weighed this morning and I was up over a 1lb. I was little disappointed until I realized that going off my diuertic and it being right before the start of my cycle, that it would be a wonder if I wasn't. Still would have been nice to be down. I may need to get stricter at some point.

But right now I just want to give my body a chance to get used to not being on bp meds and back to work full time on a different sleep schedule.
                Great idea. I've found that if we provide proper nutrition, our bodies can do amazing things. Often when we stop losing/slow down, it is because our bodies are focusing on something else. Give your body at least a month settle before you start wondering if you're off base. You may find that you start losing again once repairs have been made to adjust for the medication change.

Comment

• Originally posted by teach2183 View Post
                  Ditto this. I don't track though. I eat to be sure I'm full between meals and try to eliminate snacks. For me this means I'm eating more real foods instead of nuts or chocolate. I'm only losing ~0.5lb/week, but that's okay with me if I don't have to become obsessive about tracking my food!
                  When I lost 40 pounds, I did it over the span of 2 years (-ish), averaging out to roughly 1/2 pound per week. But, I was obsessed with counting Calories... something I still struggle with today. So, if you can have success without obsessively tracking your food, more power to you! Color me jealous!
                  >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
                  >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
                  >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

• Any else struggled with chronic yeast infections? I've tried pretty much everything, don't feel like detailing it all now, but I'm not sure what else to do. I'm VERY sensitive to sugar (always have been, but it didn't used to trigger yeast infections, just messed with my head/skin), it seems like I can't even eat fruit now without messing up my gut flora. Just looking for some support or advice
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                      Any else struggled with chronic yeast infections? I've tried pretty much everything, don't feel like detailing it all now, but I'm not sure what else to do. I'm VERY sensitive to sugar (always have been, but it didn't used to trigger yeast infections, just messed with my head/skin), it seems like I can't even eat fruit now without messing up my gut flora. Just looking for some support or advice
                      Dr. Mercola has a whole protocol for eliminating yeast overgrowth. Check out his website. Natural Health Information Articles and Health Newsletter by Dr. Joseph Mercola and then search "yeast" or "candida". Lots of good info and what to do to get rid of it.
                      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion
                      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• ^I just saw this for the first time today! I am thinking now that my body might be functioning all normally, but that won't kill off an overgrowth without some help. TMI: I found some relief by inserting a garlic clove last night. Acidophilus is cheap enough at the local pharmacy, so I may try what the site recommends (clove during the day, acidophilus at night) for a few days to see if that fixes things. If I'm symptom free for a week or two, I'll start adding a few pieces of fruit/week back in. Then again, I'm still experiencing constipation, so I don't know.

I have an appointment tomorrow with my gyn. She mentioned boric acid last time I was in, but I don't know, it kind of scares me. I think I'll ask if the garlic/acidophilus method sounds safe (probably do it anyway, to be honest) and keep reading. Looks like Mercola recommends oil of oregano, which I have never tried on its own. Another page says that prescription anti-fungals may be necessary along with dietary changes... That is why I want to get Nystatin, but I'm afraid of creating super-resistant yeast!
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• I read of folks doing the garlic thing, as well as dunking a tampon in plain yogurt and... you know. The latter is probably a bit messier than the garlic, but I've heard of both working wonders.

(I'm now curious if any male Groks decided to wander in here. If so, we may have caused some revulsion just now!!)
                          >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
                          >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
                          >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                            Any else struggled with chronic yeast infections? I've tried pretty much everything, don't feel like detailing it all now, but I'm not sure what else to do. I'm VERY sensitive to sugar (always have been, but it didn't used to trigger yeast infections, just messed with my head/skin), it seems like I can't even eat fruit now without messing up my gut flora. Just looking for some support or advice
                            In addition to cutting out the sugar and putting food items "up there", you might want to have your SO checked out for oral thrush. Sometimes it can be something sub-clinical from their POV, they might not even know they have anything, but it can re-infect you just as soon as you finish getting yourself cleared out. Both partners need to get cleaned out at the same time or you can get a ping-pong effect.

Comment

• There's no way oral would be an issue right now, he has not been allowed to visit there while this has been a problem. Unless oral would indicate a genital infection for a male? I might ask if he will go and get a dose of Diflucan or something anyway, just to be sure. We use condoms, so I don't think there'd be any passing issues, but who knows, with these things.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• I've had nystatin for ages after surgery because of the aggressive therapy you need to suppress immune reaction against the foreign organ (kidney in my case) and it was a nightmare. Sometimes I get it prescribed again but is sugar through and through and it really upsets my whole eating plan (not to talk about how much of a stomach upset I get, with acid reflux needing medication; a thing which NEVER happens as long as I stay sugar free).
                                Maybe you can get a sugar free form of it, anyway I'd give garlic cloves and friends a chance before even thinking to get into Nystatin.
                                I'm anyway strongly immunodepressed but don't get into infections as long as I stay put with my eating habits (my recent liver problems were medication related, statins are a shit).

Luce
                                No limits, only my will and the worlds I build.

Comment

Working...
                                X