Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *blushes*

    Thanks everybody. I think there are a lot of people who suffer a terrible illness or injury and that becomes the start of a downward spiral in their health, both mentally and physically. It's tough to turn that around into an upward spiral, but it is possible.

    I really glad if I can help anyone else on these boards as this place has been such a help to me. You guys are the best.

    Comment


    • Congratz Paleobird!

      I'm not sure I'll ever make it to "Primal Success Story" status, but I keep plugging away.
      S-L-O-W and steady... but I lost a Lb last week AND a Lb this week.
      Major shocker!
      With all of my medical challenges I always try to remind/encourage people (myself included) to not view this as a DIET, but as a healthy lifestyle choice.
      A plan that I can live with for the long haul.
      A "diet" and it's accompanying assortment of afflictions and neuroses is the LAST thing I need on my plate.
      No crash and burns here... I am the tortoise.

      I can't wait to read your story.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

      Comment


      • Cori, I love your attitude. If Florida and California were not on opposite sides of the country, I would love to hang out with you.

        You will be writing that success story some day but that will just be about a publication. Every day you carry on in the face of your ailment with grace, humor, and dignity is a success story in and of itself. I really admire you.

        Comment


        • am pretty new to this thread, but pb, THANkS for posting your story.
          As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

          – Ernest Hemingway

          Comment


          • Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
            am pretty new to this thread, but pb, THANkS for posting your story.
            You're new but you are a welcome addition to the tribe. Insight and intelligence show in your posts.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              I think there are a lot of people who suffer a terrible illness or injury and that becomes the start of a downward spiral in their health, both mentally and physically. It's tough to turn that around into an upward spiral, but it is possible.
              I am sure it will be an inspiring read. I can't wait to see it! I can tell you- I got a note from Mark the night before the success story went live. Please give us a heads up!
              With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

              http://www.theladygrok.blogspot.com/

              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8215.html

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Lady Grok View Post
                I am sure it will be an inspiring read. I can't wait to see it! I can tell you- I got a note from Mark the night before the success story went live. Please give us a heads up!
                Good to know, thank you. Will do. It was reading your story a little while back that reminded me that I had been meaning to do this for a while and got me typing.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Davi54rOv
                  on bone. I am still
                  Well... that is certainly a FORWARD initial post even for the ladies only thread! TMI much???

                  Gotta love the sheer inanity of the spambots!
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                  And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                    I just wanted to let my fellow She-Groks know that I finally got around to writing up my Primal success story for Mark's friday post. I I was waiting until I got the five years post breast cancer all clear before I declared anything a success. Not really superstitious about "jinxing" anything, just didn't want to get ahead of myself.

                    Got a letter back from him last night saying he is going to publish it. I'm not sure which Friday it will be but keep an eye out for it.
                    Warmest congratulations on both the five-year all clear and on your upcoming success story publication!!!
                    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57034.html

                    "...since our orthodox theories have not saved us we may have to readjust them to bring them into harmony with Nature's laws. Nature must be obeyed, not orthodoxy." Weston A. Price

                    Comment


                    • Hello everyone, my name is Cassie. I'm 36 and a mother of 3...they are 16, 14, and 11. I've been married to my wonderful husband for 18yrs this September. I work full time in a feed store (lots of heavy lifting and walking!) my husband is retired from the US Army and now mostly stays home to take care of the house and kids and occasionally teaches at the local high school. The whole family has jumped into the primal/paleo journey together. We are mostly a healthy bunch, hubby has arthritis and is lactose intolerant, DD16 is lactose intolerant and painful menstrual cramps, DD14 seems healthy and normal, DS11 is a severe sugar addict and has some problems staying focused at school he is also a little on the chunky side, I have joint pain, back pain, restless leg syndrome, depression, and need to lose at least 50-60lbs.

                      Hubby does most of the cooking and is a great cook so it is great that we are all on board with this. We have tried it before and I had pretty good results, lost about 20lbs but life happened and we got lost back in the world of processed foods! Don't get me wrong I have eaten well most of my life grew up on deer and elk meat with a huge garden in the summer and a great grandmother than taught us all how to can and preserve fruits and vegies. But, life seems to subtract time from your day especially with teenage kids and the older they get the more time I seem to lose! So we would grab something quick and easy and usually processed. Well not anymore...although I'm having problems with cravings and I haven't even stepped foot on the scale so I have no idea where I am...need to do that so I know where I'm starting.

                      I have been lurking around here for a couple of days...trying to read all the post...not working out so good...there is so much great information here! So I decided I might never get all the post read so I better just introduce myself and join in! I was a member of MDA last time too, but like you all said it was intimadating and unrealistic and mostly geared toward men...so thanks again for this thread. I hope this helps me stay on track!

                      Comment


                      • Welcome, 5xAdams. I mostly lurk too -- not enough time and by the time I get here, most conversations have moved on.

                        Congrats on getting your write-up done, paleobird, and good news that it will be posted. I'm reminded I haven't even read THIS week's success story yet.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          I just wanted to let my fellow She-Groks know that I finally got around to writing up my Primal success story for Mark's friday post. I I was waiting until I got the five years post breast cancer all clear before I declared anything a successon. Not really superstitious about "jinxing" anything, just didn't want to get ahead of myself.

                          Got a letter back from him last night saying he is going to publish it. I'm not sure which Friday it will be but keep an eye out for it.
                          YEAH!!!!! that is SOOO cool! I can't wait to read it! I hope to someday have my own story here - if not on the featured Friday, then at least in the before and after thread.... Good job!
                          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion
                          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by 5xAdams View Post
                            Hello everyone, my name is Cassie. I'm 36 and a mother of 3...they are 16, 14, and 11. I've been married to my wonderful husband for 18yrs this September. I work full time in a feed store (lots of heavy lifting and walking!) my husband is retired from the US Army and now mostly stays home to take care of the house and kids and occasionally teaches at the local high school. The whole family has jumped into the primal/paleo journey together. We are mostly a healthy bunch, hubby has arthritis and is lactose intolerant, DD16 is lactose intolerant and painful menstrual cramps, DD14 seems healthy and normal, DS11 is a severe sugar addict and has some problems staying focused at school he is also a little on the chunky side, I have joint pain, back pain, restless leg syndrome, depression, and need to lose at least 50-60lbs.

                            Hubby does most of the cooking and is a great cook so it is great that we are all on board with this. We have tried it before and I had pretty good results, lost about 20lbs but life happened and we got lost back in the world of processed foods! Don't get me wrong I have eaten well most of my life grew up on deer and elk meat with a huge garden in the summer and a great grandmother than taught us all how to can and preserve fruits and vegies. But, life seems to subtract time from your day especially with teenage kids and the older they get the more time I seem to lose! So we would grab something quick and easy and usually processed. Well not anymore...although I'm having problems with cravings and I haven't even stepped foot on the scale so I have no idea where I am...need to do that so I know where I'm starting.

                            I have been lurking around here for a couple of days...trying to read all the post...not working out so good...there is so much great information here! So I decided I might never get all the post read so I better just introduce myself and join in! I was a member of MDA last time too, but like you all said it was intimadating and unrealistic and mostly geared toward men...so thanks again for this thread. I hope this helps me stay on track!
                            Stealing Paleobirds words......... "Welcome to the tribe!" (love that) There a great bunch of women gathering at this thread - lots of encouragement, wisdom and humor!
                            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion
                            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

                            Comment


                            • Hi, ladies! I'm fairly new to primal - about 7 weeks in - and this is my first post. I really enjoy reading everyone else's posts and 5xAdams' post encouraged me to jump in, too! I'm 43 years old - been married to my incredible hubby for 4 years - I have a 23 year old son who just got married in Jan., a daughter who will be 20 years old tomorrow, and a 22 year old stepdaughter who just got married in June. I've had fibromyalgia for YEARS, migraines, TMJ, IBS, chronic fatigue and the list goes on. But, I had an awful crash on 12/23/11, and went consistently downhill health wise for 4 months. The only thing I was able to still do on a consistent basis was work my desk job...I would then come home & go straight to bed. I rarely could get out of bed on the weekends at all. I couldn't really help with my son when he moved out, with his wedding or my stepdaughter's wedding, and those things broke my heart! I was in a very sad, lonely, and dark place. After years of trying meds, elimination diets, supplements, and on and on, I was almost at the point of accepting that this was where I would live. But, then I found an upper cervical care chiropractor who goes to our church - and I decided I'd try one more thing before giving up. We started with gentle neck adjustments (no popping or cracking), then added a few supplements, then he introduced me to primal & used Mark's books and information in his nutritional class. AMAZING is all I can say! I haven't felt this good since I can remember - fibro pain is gone, fatigue is so much better, TMJ is completely gone, no migraines, IBS is majorly improving. I've now been able to add light exercise, too. Thank you for starting this thread, Tomi, and for sharing your story! What a great way for women to connect...and hopefully encourage each other.

                              Comment


                              • Welcome newbies (I am one too) and lurkers. (I have the same problem with conversations moving too fast for me to jump in. Some threads look interesting but then I only post during off-work hours, usually morning and/or night except weekends.)

                                Lost another .7 lbs yesterday, for a total of almost 11 lbs. Very pleased as it was quite painless. 24.3 left to go.
                                My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57034.html

                                "...since our orthodox theories have not saved us we may have to readjust them to bring them into harmony with Nature's laws. Nature must be obeyed, not orthodoxy." Weston A. Price

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X