No announcement yet.

She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still enjoying drinking milk & having things I haven't eaten in years like ice cream & Coke. Sleeping good, woke up this morning close to 5. I feel amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sihana
      This is what happens when single mothers who have daughters, then have kids of their own, and have no clue how to instill any traditionally masculine traits.

* Yes it is a broad statement, but true. Single fathers generally raise better adjusted kids than single mothers.
      I started to disagree with this because I was definitely raised more by my mom than my awesome stepdad (not because dad was a dick; he was deployed overseas a lot), then I realized you are talking about men, and...hmmmmmmm.

My brother is a great guy, but had a habit in his 20s and 30s of moving back home with mom. Where I moved out when I was 17, he kept coming back home. I think he always treated his girlfriends well, and I know he's treating his wife well. But, well, he had three sisters.

I don't know if it was the lack of a strong male role model or not, though, that made him so...passive. Our bio-dad is a good man, but he can be a bit hard to "get", and my brother's formative years were spent with him. Having a father who isn't easily pleased can be just as bad as one that doesn't exist. At some point, I think my brother just stopped trying, and it took him years to dig out of that.

He did, though....his wife gave birth to their first, and was diagnosed shortly after with ALS. It's heart-wrenching. Her time is very limited. He's completely devoted to her and his daughter, though. I think some of that comes from the parents he had (and very specifically my mom), and the values they instilled in him.
      Steph
      My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Onalark........ I am so sorry to hear about the babies diagnosis. That is aweful. What a cruel way to come into this world, and to be taken out of it so quickly. I hope the people caring for her medical needs can keep her painfree. I don't understand why babies have to suffer - it just isn't right.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
          Still enjoying drinking milk & having things I haven't eaten in years like ice cream & Coke. Sleeping good, woke up this morning close to 5. I feel amazing.
          really? ice cream and COKE???
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
            Onalark........ I am so sorry to hear about the babies diagnosis. That is aweful. What a cruel way to come into this world, and to be taken out of it so quickly. I hope the people caring for her medical needs can keep her painfree. I don't understand why babies have to suffer - it just isn't right.
            It's reversed, Tomi. The mom was diagnosed. The baby is fine.

(Thank you for your concern. It's been on my mind a lot lately. This is a case where "have they tried paleo?" fixes nothing. Nothing.)
            Steph
            My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Oh, gods. This is just one of those deeply unfair, sad things. So sorry about this tragedy Onalark.
              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
              When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• I'm sorry I got it mixed up though........ its still aweful. I'm so sorry............
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• It's all right. Well, no...it's not all right, but your mix-up is all right. First world written word issues. I knew when I wrote the sentence that I needed to be careful about phrasing, but the cat distracted me. The cat is good about that.

This is the second mom I have known who won't live to see her child grow up. I think that's what's eating at me. My friend Nora was a beautiful woman, and her son is turning into a handsome young man, but I just so wish she could be there to see it. And I wish the same for my sister-in-law. And I know she'll hold on as long as she can, but it's never long enough.
                  Steph
                  My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• I just wanted to let my fellow She-Groks know that I finally got around to writing up my Primal success story for Mark's friday post. I I was waiting until I got the five years post breast cancer all clear before I declared anything a success. Not really superstitious about "jinxing" anything, just didn't want to get ahead of myself.

Got a letter back from him last night saying he is going to publish it. I'm not sure which Friday it will be but keep an eye out for it.

Comment

• Great! Really looking forward to it!
                      Durp.

Comment

• That's fabulous, Paleobird. I can't wait to read it!

And Onalark, I'm so sorry to read about your sister in law. So sorry.
                        SW: 243
                        CW: 177
                        Goal: Health

Comment

• I can't wait to read your success story, Paleobird!
                          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Thats great news, Paleobird! You've inspired a lot of us she-groks already, and now more people will get the chance to be inspired. Woohoo!
                            Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by KerryK View Post
                              That's fabulous, Paleobird. I can't wait to read it!

And Onalark, I'm so sorry to read about your sister in law. So sorry.
                              Thank you, Kerry.

And whoo hoo, PB! Can't wait to read it.
                              Steph
                              My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Fantastic news, Paleobird! I'll be looking forward to it! You're such an inspiration on these forums!

Comment

Working...
                                X