She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
    One thing I see in your post, you're expecting fast results? Have you got underlying health issues to "fix" first?
    Well, I do have fibromyalgia, and issues with cholesterol levels. Changing my diet to primal/paleo has greatly reduced my symptoms from the fibro. My blood tests are something else. Doc says I have a liver that doesn't know when to turn off the cholesterol tap. I've had very high numbers since I was 30. 3 months ago I decided to go off the statins because I started primal in October of '11. My numbers went up - except for triglycerides. Doc wanted to put me back on the statins, and I did for about 10 days and was in so much pain, I went off again. I'm supposed to go see her to figure out what to do - but I just don't think going back on meds is the answer.

Yes, I definitely want results. Maybe I am too impatient. I'm SICK of being this size!! I want to find the magic formula for my body to start shedding this fat!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Yes, I definitely want results. Maybe I am too impatient. I'm SICK of being this size!! I want to find the magic formula for my body to start shedding this fat!
      Highly recommend tracking measurements. Waist etc. Just take measurements a few places on your body. I seem to lose weight, then lose inches, then lose weight, then lose inches. And clothes fit can be weird. Like most of my weight has been lost from belly button to below bust, thus for the amount of weight lost, my pants aren't that much looser, but the tummy area of my shirts are. I keep thinking- damn for how much weight I have lost, pants should be falling off...

I've given up trying to figure out "what works". I can fast and gain, eat ice cream and lose, a drink can make me bloat 3 lbs, a drink can make me lose 3 lbs. The easiest thing is just to follow the program, watch the calories, exercise and be patient. The only thing I know is that I lose weight - at times very evenly or at times in big chunks.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Where is everyone?
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Hi tomi! I'm here, just on my lunch break. Chicken soup - most unfortunate colour due to the red cabbage I threw in on a spur of the moment!

Comment

• Hi ladies,
            Was diagnosed with gastritis last week. (My doctor chided me for my last "real" meal before going to the hospital being steak and green vegetables.) He told me to eat toast, white rice and bananas while recovering-blecch! Has anyone else had major stomach troubles, and if so, were you able to remain Primal while resolving them?

Comment

• Going primal has hugely decreased my IBS symptoms. I spent about 6 months practically house bound last year. I still have issues, but nothing like it was. So sorry to hear about your gastritis - ouch! You can eat primal if you stick to eggs, yogurt, and other things are gentle on your insides.

Heal quickly........
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Thanks Tomi! Do you take any probiotics? I'm wondering if that might help.

Comment

• Originally posted by drheather View Post
                  Hi ladies,
                  Was diagnosed with gastritis last week. (My doctor chided me for my last "real" meal before going to the hospital being steak and green vegetables.) He told me to eat toast, white rice and bananas while recovering-blecch! Has anyone else had major stomach troubles, and if so, were you able to remain Primal while resolving them?
                  In olden times you were advised to eat things like coddled eggs, [real] custard and broth. Sounds better than what he is suggesting.
                  My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

Thanks Tomi! Do you take any probiotics? I'm wondering if that might help.
                    I don't now, but I used to. Acidophilus is a good thing to take when you have gastric issues. A naturopathic doctor told me to get the kind that you store in the fridge because then you know you are getting real live bacteria.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Sorry, Tomi - I was working the clinic today and it was crazy busy. Just got time to check in. "beer chicken" in the crock pot for dinner easy (thighs, can of beer, can tomato paste, jar of olives on low all day) and yum!
                      Female 55
                      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

Hi ladies,
                        Does a rip in your colon count?

Yeah, no more fiber for me. That was freaking painful!

I pretty much stuck to beef broth and white rice for a couple of days and that seemed to work just fine. My energy levels didn't seem to be a problem or anything, and I'm pretty active at work.

As far as every day, I just stick to low fiber foods and make sure I have magnesium, though something like a spoonful of coconut oil would work just as well for keeping things moving. I like magnesium because it also prevents my migraines.
                        Last edited by RitaRose; 04-17-2012, 08:50 PM.
                        Durp.

Comment

• Alright ladies, it's about that TOM and I'm starving. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat - just had scrambled eggs (3) with cheese and spinach, with some strawberries. I was snacking all day yesterday because I was constantly hungry. This seems to happen for 3-4 days surrounding TOM. I'm also breast-feeding my almost 2yo so I try to follow the hunger cues to keep my supply up. Thoughts?

Comment

Hi ladies,
                            Everyone else has had some good suggestions, but white rice and bananas aren't bad. Soft eggs, bone broth. Plain yogurt. I think Mark did an article on what to eat after recovering from a stomach bug a few weeks ago, which may have good suggestions as well.

Comment

• I have started to do fast five. I eat from 2:30 to 7:30 at night. On the weekends I eat lunch usually though because of social issues. I am tandem nursing (like as I write this! Lol). My milk supply seems unaffected. I definitely eat less. So much less sometimes it makes me wonder... I do get intensely full this way. I have seen my arms get more defined and my legs with this. I don't have weight to lose but I turn 41 on Friday and I want to look kick ass
                              Home birthing legal mama. Unschooler. Jewish Intactivist (step away from the foreskin!). Full-term breastfeeder. Kettlebell padawan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                                Sorry, Tomi - I was working the clinic today and it was crazy busy. Just got time to check in. "beer chicken" in the crock pot for dinner easy (thighs, can of beer, can tomato paste, jar of olives on low all day) and yum!
                                Okay - going to have to try that one! I'm not thrilled will olives, but the hubby can have those. Seasoning? We're BIG on spices! My husband was a missionary kid in India so his tastes developed on all the wonderful full flavored yummy smelling India foods! Curries, Biryanis, Vindaloos, Chai (the real stuff, not that swill from a box or bag)

I feel like I should change my name to Fickle Pickle cuz I keep wanting to go in another direction when 2 weeks isn't showing me the results I want. I'm still on the 80x3 - but I've decided to back away from the intense tracking for a while. I've been doing this long enough that I can guess pretty closely at whats going in my mouth. I quit having eggs and bacon for breakfast because several people on here told me I shouldn't be eating that much fat if I'm trying to lose weight. Its been a good 3 weeks without eggs and bacon - and no weight loss. I'm feeling terribly frustrated! A couple people yesterday told me I'm just too impatient.

My weight is pretty much hovering at 190. My daily calories have been between 1000-1300 for the past 5 months, since starting primal. I'm moderately active. But most of my activity happens on the weekends. I know its gonna click and things will start to happen - but I sure would like it happen soon! I need to lose weight so I have clothes that fit me for the summer - right now everything is too small!!! GRRRR

Thats my vent.......... and my grumble! What going on with you girls?
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X