She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
    I wish I could convert son and Hubbie so bad foods are not in house!
    I haven't converted my family either -- husband and 26 year old son who buys his own stuff - but I don't buy it, so its not here for any of us to eat. I haven't bought a loaf of bread since October! When husband is home, he eats the way I eat, for the most part. I figure he can eat what he wants all day at work - but at home, we're eating healthy. So, no bad foods to tempt me!

Good luck!
    Last edited by tomi; 04-16-2012, 05:47 PM.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• ok - my body is doing weird things. Here's what I've eaten for the past couple days....... Saturday: 2 eggs and some ham, a very small serving of Chicken w/Mole Sauce, maybe 10 chips, about 1/4 cup each of re-fried beans and rice, and 2 very thin freshly made tortillas. And a long island. Sunday: 3 eggs, maybe 2 ounces of almonds, a T Bone steak and steamed veggies, with some mayo based spicy sauce (about a TB). And a couple Rum and diet cokes. Today I didn't eat until 4:00 pm. I wasn't even hungry until about 2, and then my stomach was growling, but I was at work and had nothing to eat. When I got home I had a couple ounces of turkey and 4 sq. of dark chocolate. I feel totally stuffed and even a bit bloated. I fasted for 21 hours - you'd think I'd be famished - but I have no appetite and I'm not hungry at all. AWESOME!!!! I'd like to stay this way until 50 pounds falls off my body! Needless to say - I won't be getting anywhere near the 80x3 today. If my body doesn't want it - I can do without it.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
        ok - my body is doing weird things. Here's what I've eaten for the past couple days....... Saturday: 2 eggs and some ham, a very small serving of Chicken w/Mole Sauce, maybe 10 chips, about 1/4 cup each of re-fried beans and rice, and 2 very thin freshly made tortillas. And a long island. Sunday: 3 eggs, maybe 2 ounces of almonds, a T Bone steak and steamed veggies, with some mayo based spicy sauce (about a TB). And a couple Rum and diet cokes. Today I didn't eat until 4:00 pm. I wasn't even hungry until about 2, and then my stomach was growling, but I was at work and had nothing to eat. When I got home I had a couple ounces of turkey and 4 sq. of dark chocolate. I feel totally stuffed and even a bit bloated. I fasted for 21 hours - you'd think I'd be famished - but I have no appetite and I'm not hungry at all. AWESOME!!!! I'd like to stay this way until 50 pounds falls off my body! Needless to say - I won't be getting anywhere near the 80x3 today. If my body doesn't want it - I can do without it.

I'm thinking listen to your body! Well unless it wants bad carbs......
        Female 55
        Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
        Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I've just signed on to Cron-O-Meter as I'm having trouble losing any weight at all. To start with I thought I'd just see where I'm going wrong, so I'm going to keep a diary of my food for the week. I removed all nuts two weeks ago, and hasn't made the slightest difference - bring back the nuts I say!

I need a bit of help with the ratio settings please. I like the idea of 80/80/80 - is that the ratio I should just be entering? Or is the 80 grams? Bit confusing!

Thanks.

Comment

• Thats 80 grams of each. I've never used Cron-o-meter so can't help there. But I might take a look at it
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• hey - I have used cron-o-meter! I already had a profile set. I remember starting it, but didn't have time to look things over and figure it out - then I forgot all about it. Anyway --- if you set your ratio to EVEN you will be able to use the 80x3 idea.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Ah of course! Thankyou tomi.

Comment

• Boy, this thread is quite on the weekend but then burst to life on Monday ~ funny!!!!

Tomi ~ I agree, go with whatever your body says. Mine says no to 80g of carbs right now, so I'm staying under 30 for a while.

AFM: I'm back to within 5 pounds of my ending hcg weight, which makes me feel more in control. Saturday I was a timer at a firearm competition and policed brass for some of the semi-auto shooters (that's where you pick up the brass ejected automatically from the handgun in case you're wondering). It was like doing squats and lunges for two hours. My bum was fine (probably because of the afore-mentioned bathroom squats) but my inner thighs did not think well of the whole idea. Always room for improvement, right?

I'm doing well with the "moving slowly" thing and doing all kinds of fun activities ~ digging in the dirt, strolling, and playing on the wii. I'm reading Primal Blueprint right now, though, and really need to work on the "lift heavy things" and "sprint" part of my exercise routine. I'm also going to work on staying off of the computer after dark, though I have absolutely no problem sleeping.

So for the weekly recap, working on staying under 30 gross carbs and getting my exercise routine more in line with the Marc's recommendations. Was down 2 pounds, too. : )

Originally posted by Cynthia179
                  Just a thought.......... sorry you don't think its necessary or relevant.
                  Not sure to what you are referring, Cynthia. I went back quite a ways and cannot find any comments from you...?

Have a great evening, All. Nice to see the chatter today.

Comment

• "cynthia" is a spam - just ignore it.

LessofKate - so happy to hear you are finding your "sweet spot"! and WAY TO GO on the 2 pounds down! You should hearing the cheers from all!!!

I'm not sure yet if this balance is going to do the trick for me ----- but I'm giving it a shot. I know for sure I can't handle more calories than I'm taking in now. I might need to go back down to 1000 if I don't see a good weight loss by the end of the month.

Today I haven't even hit 300 so maybe this will shock my body into a good loss! We can only hope.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi -

I'm not sure where this is going, but since I've been tracking on fitday I've been eating 100 to 150g of fats a day - HOLE E COW! But I feel good and my weight seems to be stabilizing so I'm going to go with this for now.

I hope you don't have to go down to 1000 - that would be a huge bummer!

Comment

• Hi. I also am female in my 50's very athletic tho and need to change my diet in hopes of improving my hypothyroid condition. I was hoping you might know or know who I can ask, the difference between a "Low carb Adkins diet" and this one which seems to have more vegis and fruits. Is this right ? I tried Adkins back in my 30's or 40's and found it very hard to stick to mainly because my heavy cycling (road and mountain biking) demanded those carbs. I also felt crabby and tired a lot. do you have any advice for me. ? I really believe the grains are not doing me any favors and the tire around my middle despite the exercise confirms it.
                        Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by lessofkate View Post
                          Tomi -

I'm not sure where this is going, but since I've been tracking on fitday I've been eating 100 to 150g of fats a day - HOLE E COW! But I feel good and my weight seems to be stabilizing so I'm going to go with this for now.
                          My fats have been high lately, too - between 150 and 175g the last couple days - but I'm still in the very early stages (just finished Week Two), so I'm going with it. I feel great, I have tons of energy, and my cravings are all but gone, though I did have a weak moment today - I can feel TOM coming on, and chocolatey carby things are my greatest vice, especially at that time. I stood in front of the cooler at work and gazed at a plate full of brownies for probably a full minute before I found the strength to walk away. But I walked away! Yay me!

I'm discovering a strange addiction to eggs - and I have NEVER been an egg person. In the past, I might have one for breakfast if I was in the mood, and I LOVE egg salad, but other than that, eggs were a no-go. Not anymore!!! I started off with just one o/m egg with my breakfasts, because eggs are good for you. Then I discovered - purely by accident - poached eggs with wasabi horseradish. OH. EM. GEE. They're like my FAVORITE food now!! I upped my eggs in the morning to 2 a few days ago..and today, I had THREE. Plus two hard-boiled in my BAS for dinner. It's a little shocking to me, to be enjoying something so much that I've never really cared for in the past. My tastes are changing in other areas, too - processed sweet things are cloying and nasty, and fruit is just right! I am LOVING plain Greek yogurt and really DARK chocolate - things that I always thought were too bitter and nasty. A cup of Greek yogurt with blackberries is like heaven to me now. Whodathunkit?

I haven't weighed myself yet - I'm probably not going to for at least the first month - but I believe I can see a difference in my face and my legs, especially. Maybe it's just wishful thinking...time will tell, I suppose.
                          Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Today I didn't eat until 4:00 pm. I wasn't even hungry until about 2, and then my stomach was growling, but I was at work and had nothing to eat. When I got home I had a couple ounces of turkey and 4 sq. of dark chocolate. I feel totally stuffed and even a bit bloated. I fasted for 21 hours - you'd think I'd be famished - but I have no appetite and I'm not hungry at all. AWESOME!!!!
                            Have noticed something similar on Mondays. Over the weekend we tend to eat out a bit more, which means we tend to take in more calories. On Monday morning I'm just not hungry for breakfast, so I don't eat it. I'm comfortably hungry by lunch. Interesting phenomenon.
                            Steph
                            My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by lessofkate View Post
                              Tomi -

I hope you don't have to go down to 1000 - that would be a huge bummer!
                              LessofKate - Its good that you are listening to your body and finding the right levels to make you feel good. Since you're dropping the carbs it makes sense to up the fat or protein - I mean, the calories need to come from someplace, right?

Is anyone having any success with the challenge? This 80x3 thing might not be working for me either. My weight isn't really budging. I had an initial drop of 6 pounds, but then it went back up a couple and has stayed there. I think I might be ditching it too. Whats that saying "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome" something like that. If I'm following the same eating pattern for a couple weeks and nothing is changing, then its dumb to keep doing it. I keep reading Mark's posts about fasting. Yesterday I had a natural 21 hour fast, it wasn't that difficult. I like his WHEN theory. The only thing I know for SURE is that the only way to lose weight is by causing a calorie deficit -- burning more than I'm taking in. Yesterday I ended up with about 800 total calories. I haven't eaten in almost 14 hours right now, and although I feel sorta empty - I'm not really hungry. I'm a compulsive tracker -- and maybe I need to take a break from that too. I've been doing this long enough to have a general idea of the numbers. I'm wondering if all the tracking is just making me focus too much on food. You know -- like, instead of just eating naturally, I will look at my food diary and see that I have X numbers of calories that I still can eat -- so, even if I'm not hungry I'll find something to eat to fill the "quota". It usually ends up being a treat of dark chocolate, or a small bowl of "natural" ice cream (natural still has sugar! duh!)

I'm just sorta thinking with my fingers here............ But its looking like I need to make some changes. What do you girls think?

Is it just me - or does it seem like the majority of the "studies" Mark references are MALE studies. Where is the data for us women?
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

Is it just me - or does it seem like the majority of the "studies" Mark references are MALE studies. Where is the data for us women?
                                I've given up asking for female-specific PB "pointers".
                                Generally studies are done on healthy Caucasian males. Well, no-one wants to experiment on sick people, or people who may be pregnant, or people who may one day be pregnant.... Which I can understand in terms of medical/drugs tests, but it leaves us big knowledge gaps here.

One thing I see in your post, you're expecting fast results? Have you got underlying health issues to "fix" first?

Comment

Working...
                                X