No announcement yet.

She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks PamBam! I hope I have similar luck with my Mom. She's a strapping (5'10+), vigorous 77, and seems to value my opinion on health issues, so I hope to teach this old dog some new tricks by flexing all my culinary muscles and feeding her my Primal best. She's usually pretty willing to try new things, so I am optimistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by lessofkate View Post

Meegads ~ LOVE your avitar picture. It's hard to beat Bonanza for beautiful.
      Thanks! I really do love it here - especially in the early summer when everything's so green and the weather has finally stabilized! Spring in the Klamath Basin is...how shall I put it... turbulent.
      Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

• Well it's TOM and of course, no weight change today. I'm trying to keep in mind that I usually gain 5 or so lbs during TOM and that didn't happen. Still on track. I need excercise motivation help someone, please!
        Female 55
        Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
        Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Well, for me the exercise motivator during TOM is that you burn more during the TOM.

The other principle I apply is the 'just stand on the treadmill' principle that helps me distinguish between real energy low (when exercise will be detrimental) and imaginary one. Basically, i tell myself to stop by the gym and 'just stand on the treadmill' (that was an original idea in a junk book; for me it means a stretch or going to a steam room, i.e. something relaxing that one can do in the gym). If you come to the gym, and the pump lifts you up - go for it. But if your body drags and slugs, just do the relaxing bit you promised yourself, or walk out of the gym & try again tomorrow. Oh, if you are not a gym goer, and the weather is fine, just go for a nice walk or do some gardening - pleasant, no-pressure things & switch to exercise if you feel like it once you start moving.
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Hi ladies!

I thought i would come in here and introduce myself. I'm pretty interested in the 80-80-80 thing. My current stats are:
            height: 5'4" / 163cm
            weight: 132 pounds / 60kgs
            I have already lost 8kgs / 17 pounds since i converted to primal/paleo in January and really impressed with my results & feeling great about myself. No more headaches, hayfever, aches, stomach upsets or mood swings! WOO! But I have a goal of losing 10kgs by May....and I have hit my hurdle...I am hoping that this 80-80-80 might help me overcome my plateau...its that or go walking in 38 degree heat which we are experiencing in Chiang Mai (Thailand) at the moment YUCK. I do body weight exercises every other day which are really toning me up but I just want to hit that goalllll!! arrrgh!! Any tips??

My Journal in Paleo Eating

Comment

• Its SOOO fun to see new names popping up!

Okay --- its Monday check in time. I worked my butt off this weekend in the yard! We're building a pergola - so we poured concrete, shoveled dirt and rocks, carried heavy boards..... I moved 60 pounds bags of concrete from the shop, to the build site - via a hand-truck. So, I lifted 21 bags twice! That means I lifted 2520 pounds of concrete - plus, pushed them 50 yards on the hand-truck. Oh ya, and handed a few bags to my husband to put into the mixer - so add another 180 pounds to that. I also moved some big boulders.

Food-wise I did pretty good - but not perfect. We ate at a mexican place on Saturday night, I ordered Chicken en Mole. There was maybe 2 ounces of chicken in all that mole sauce - I had to fish around for it! I had a few bites of corn chips, re-fried beans and rice. And some alcohol to sooth the aching muscles! Other than that I was good. I don't weigh again until the 25th so I won't be able to see if all that heavy lifting did me any good or not! Other than building muscle. We were so busy I didn't keep track of calories or anything - but I'm sure I didn't go over. In fact I'm sure I was way under - when I get going on a project I forget to stop and eat - so both days we ate breakfast before starting, and then didn't eat again until dinner around 7 pm. I'd guess my calories were some where around 800 both days.

We bought the big boat! More incentive to get this weight off - so I can look and feel good in my bathing suit on the lake. At the moment I don't even own a pair of shorts that fit me. I have a closet full of really cute clothes that are 2 sizes too small. GRRR!

Hope you all had a great weekend! Tell us how its going on the 80x3 - or whatever you're doing.
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion
              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Good to hear from you Tomi. I wondered where you where this weekend! I did okay (wine is my down fall), but due to TOM no weight loss. I also am not getting in enough excercise. I'm going to have to find a way to hold myself accountable!
                Female 55

Comment

• I sure hope this helps my mom. It's encouraging that some of your mom's also are interested.

Hey, I was feeling pretty discouraged about my lack of progress lately. Two things helped a little bit:

Clothes shopping. All the size 6s were way too big. The store had no size 4s. I've never weighed this much and been a size 4. I'm either building muscle or else they've upped the sizes again. (I usually don't shop for new clothes so I'm really out of touch.)

Photoshop: I took a picture of myself in the same clothes as my last picture but couldn't see any progress comparing the two pictures. So I superimposed the newer picture over the older one in photoshop, lined up my feet and shoulders as best as I could and made the top layer 50% opaque. Either my thighs are thinner or I distorted the top image trying to line everything up.
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• I've been craving carbs today. Anyone have a good solution to avoiding the craving? The corn tortillas (husband and son will not eat PB, yet) are calling to me. Help, I need ideas.
                    Female 55

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                      I've been craving carbs today. Anyone have a good solution to avoiding the craving? The corn tortillas (husband and son will not eat PB, yet) are calling to me. Help, I need ideas.
                      glass of water, a walk, thinly sliced crunchy veggies w a sprinkle of spice mix or salsa, sex.

Comment

• Originally posted by lil milo View Post
                        glass of water, a walk, thinly sliced crunchy veggies w a sprinkle of spice mix or salsa, sex.
                        I know Hubbie will love the last one!!! thanks.
                        Female 55

Comment

• Water, plenty of water. eat a mound of steamed vegies with some butter on it. Get full of good foods before you give in to the devil-carbs! hahah!

My Journal in Paleo Eating

Comment

• Originally posted by Bamboozel View Post
                            Water, plenty of water. eat a mound of steamed vegies with some butter on it. Get full of good foods before you give in to the devil-carbs! hahah!
                            I wish I could convert son and Hubbie so bad foods are not in house!
                            Female 55

Comment

• Okay cucumbers, lime, salt, and chilie did it. Huge glass of water! Hubbie home from work at 11pm - surprise for him!
                              Female 55

Comment

• Vinegar does it for me. Super sour foods. Pickles, for instance.

Or eat something that's a "safe" carb and be happy that you're giving your body something it needs.
                                Steph
                                My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Working...
                                X