No announcement yet.

She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Luck, Valmason01! Let us know what happens...............
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• same 'problem', my solution

Originally posted by tomi View Post
      EEEESH........... looked it up on wiki. I think I'll pass on that one. But maybe some of the old Harlequin Romances are in my future.......... if I want to keep hubby happy!
      I could go for a long time without, husband not so much, so I devised a plan. We printed numbers 1-7 on paper- each number on its own piece of paper- dropped them in a jar and he got to chose a number (no peeking). Whatever that number is, that is our schedule for a month. 5= every five days, etc.

At the beginning of every month we alternate who picks the number; if he picks a seven he can't blame it on me not being 'interested'- it just is what it is- luck o' the draw, so to speak. We call it the honey-do-(me) jar..(I know- the name just doesn't get any tackier than that!)

Of course, if choosing the number one, which equals every day for that month is too much a couple could chose what the most comfortable minimum is for them...

This way we both know what to expect and when- no muss, no fuss!
      Last edited by notthepapa; 12-17-2012, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• that sorta takes the sponteneity and romance out of it though............ I think the name is perfect!

MACA so far isn't doing me any help. When its gone I won't be buying more. Seems the best option for us is a night of rum and diet coke! And with my son moving out in the next month - we will have free reign of the house! Close the curtains and turn up the fire!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• i hear ya!

Originally posted by tomi View Post
          that sorta takes the sponteneity and romance out of it though............ I think the name is perfect!

MACA so far isn't doing me any help. When its gone I won't be buying more. Seems the best option for us is a night of rum and diet coke! And with my son moving out in the next month - we will have free reign of the house! Close the curtains and turn up the fire!

spontaneity has never been my strongest suit but if something's on my calendar it gets done - besides, you can always add a few sessions if the spirit moves you
          but for a partner who might be feeling 'deprived (or depraved)' it's nice to know what the schedule is so nobody gets hurt..

fwiw I didn't know where to insert myself into this conversation so I just chose one of your posts out of the many; I wanted to share my idea but didn't know quite where to post it- hope you don't mind!

Comment

• nope
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm 47, no kids, hypertension is the only current health issue. New here and liking this thread. Trying to take off 50 lbs and reduce BP which currently runs 155/89. Wondering how well paleo will work for me as I enter peri-menopause. I recently experimented with a vegetarian diet v. paleo: two weeks eating nothing but veggies/fruits, no sugar v. paleo (no nuts/seeds, very little fruit). On vegetarian-lost 1 lb in two weeks. On paleo, 2.5 lbs in 4 days. This stuff works!! Probably could have lost more had I made it to the gym more than once, but there it is.

Cannot wait to get back into shape on paleo!

Comment

• Don't just think about counseling -- go and get it. It's worth it, I promise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeysdoll View Post
                  I'm 47, no kids, hypertension is the only current health issue. New here and liking this thread. Trying to take off 50 lbs and reduce BP which currently runs 155/89. Wondering how well paleo will work for me as I enter peri-menopause. I recently experimented with a vegetarian diet v. paleo: two weeks eating nothing but veggies/fruits, no sugar v. paleo (no nuts/seeds, very little fruit). On vegetarian-lost 1 lb in two weeks. On paleo, 2.5 lbs in 4 days. This stuff works!! Probably could have lost more had I made it to the gym more than once, but there it is.

Cannot wait to get back into shape on paleo!
                  Yes it does work! Welcome and good luck!
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• I am new here as well. 39 yo, no kids, in a LTR with a great guy. I'm 5'5" and I had undiagnosed Hashimotos thyroid disease for 9 years which resulted in a 90 lb weight gain. My high was 225. I am 179 now. Goal weight is 130-135 area although I think I could go as low as 125 and still look good without looking overly thin. I tend to carry a lot of muscle and have very muscular legs, shoulders and arms. When I'm carrying very little body fat, it looks good, though. I just began primal one month ago and have lost 10 lbs so far. I expect I may go up a little as I've been at my parents for a week now and they don't understand the concept of no grain at all. I'm also in a very rural area and access to the good primal types of foods are almost non-existent at the local stores which seem to carry only conventionally grown foods. But once I'm home again I plan to re-commit to being fully primal as I truly believe that this lifestyle is sustainable and I believe in the theory and science behind it.

Hi ladies!
                    High Weight: 225
                    Weight at start of Primal: 189
                    Current Weight: 174
                    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

• some of you may appreciate this Aug 2010, scored a bad bout of whooping cough (coughed my guts up all day, every day till November. Such fun!) Add to this the fact that I've had 4 children and as you can imagine, my pelvic floor was shot. I tried the old 'pull up' exercises but it did very little to improve the situation.

Well, on Christmas Eve, I was able to stop a wee!!! First time since the disease. So happy I finally have some control back. (lots of squatting plus kettlebells)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bron View Post
                        some of you may appreciate this Aug 2010, scored a bad bout of whooping cough (coughed my guts up all day, every day till November. Such fun!) Add to this the fact that I've had 4 children and as you can imagine, my pelvic floor was shot. I tried the old 'pull up' exercises but it did very little to improve the situation.

Well, on Christmas Eve, I was able to stop a wee!!! First time since the disease. So happy I finally have some control back. (lots of squatting plus kettlebells)
                        I had that too, right after Labor Day in September and it really sucked. I was thrilled to stop coughing by Thanksgiving, 2 months later, since it's supposed to last 3 whole months. Definitely wreaked havoc on my pelvic muscles. Not cool.
                        Durp.

Comment

• Mine are not as bad as that, but for a 24 year old without any major medical issues and no kids, it's not exactly expected for me to have pelvic floor muscle issues!

For anyone with hormonal challenges: I got to a rather holistic practice for my medical needs. I've been trying various vitamins and supplements for my digestive issues, and the gyn I see recommended Vitex for my low progesterone. I started at one capsule a day, and increased to 2x daily after about a month and a half, when I'd gone through a full cycle and it seemed like it had helped with my PMS symptoms (very low mood & cramps for the week preceding my period). I boosted it to 4x daily and saw a HUGE increase in energy and mental focus overall. It's awesome! I'm backing off to 3x and will probably try 2x daily again. I don't want to take too much.

I know some people prefer Dong Quai, but I was told to try Vitex/chasteberry. So far, so good!

I don't know when we'll retest my hormones, but I want to wait a couple months more (it's probably been about 2 since I started taking it).
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
                            I am new here as well. 39 yo, no kids, in a LTR with a great guy. I'm 5'5" and I had undiagnosed Hashimotos thyroid disease for 9 years which resulted in a 90 lb weight gain. My high was 225. I am 179 now. Goal weight is 130-135 area although I think I could go as low as 125 and still look good without looking overly thin. I tend to carry a lot of muscle and have very muscular legs, shoulders and arms. When I'm carrying very little body fat, it looks good, though. I just began primal one month ago and have lost 10 lbs so far. I expect I may go up a little as I've been at my parents for a week now and they don't understand the concept of no grain at all. I'm also in a very rural area and access to the good primal types of foods are almost non-existent at the local stores which seem to carry only conventionally grown foods. But once I'm home again I plan to re-commit to being fully primal as I truly believe that this lifestyle is sustainable and I believe in the theory and science behind it.

Hi ladies!
                            Welcome! You're off to a great start! If you haven't started a journal - let me encourage you to do so. Its very helpful and you can build quite a support team.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Not sure if anyone is still checking this thread. If you are, anyone know anyone that has become pregnant after a husband's vasectomy? DH had his done 3/11 and was cleared 8/11. I am on day 34 and have been pretty regular 28-30 days for the last year. Several possible symptoms including feeling like I'm getting my period but nothing but some clear discharge here and there. Kind of freaking out over here and considering getting a test on the way to play soccer tonight if there's time.

Comment

• Originally posted by teach2183 View Post
                                Not sure if anyone is still checking this thread. If you are, anyone know anyone that has become pregnant after a husband's vasectomy? DH had his done 3/11 and was cleared 8/11. I am on day 34 and have been pretty regular 28-30 days for the last year. Several possible symptoms including feeling like I'm getting my period but nothing but some clear discharge here and there. Kind of freaking out over here and considering getting a test on the way to play soccer tonight if there's time.
                                I don't know anyone personally but I've read anecdotes about it. Sometimes the vas deferens (however you spell it) repairs itself. I don't think it's common, and I thought that it was standard practice for the guy to go back in for a test to make sure he's shooting blanks about a month later? Has he done that?
                                High Weight: 225
                                Weight at start of Primal: 189
                                Current Weight: 174
                                Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Working...
                                X