Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I recently got my hormones tested (at day 19 of my cycle, was told anywhere in the 19-21 day range would be good as I should be ovulating). My progesterone was REALLY low, all else was fine. TSH showed up as close to the low end of the normal range they provided. The doctor said it was fine, but I still want to get full thyroid testing. Anyone ever had TSH show up within a normal range, but have unusual/bad readings for T3 or T4?

    Anyway, the office I go to is rather holistic, and the gyn I spoke to recommended trying Vitex every day for a few months to see if it helps with my PMS symptoms. I actually have Dong Quai too, but I noticed increase nipple hair (!!!) after about a week of taking it. I did take 2 capsules, perhaps I should have only taken one (I forgot what the amount per capsule is). Anyone experienced that, or tried both Vitex and Dong Quai and have a preference? The gyn said she doesn't usually recommend DQ, but couldn't really say why.

    I am hoping that these supplements will alleviate really terrible mood swings for the week prior to my period, and the debilitating cramps I started getting. This all started within the last 3-4 cycles.
    Depression Lies

    Comment


    • I haven't really been reading this thread, but NW's post came up in my friends' activity. Increased nipple hair. This is why I should carefully check out the thread title, LOL!

      Comment


      • HAHAHAHA

        Aaahh

        Sorry FW
        Depression Lies

        Comment


        • My own fault. But you know, every time I read your posts, the first thing that's gonna come to mind will be...

          Comment


          • oh dear....... precisely why this is titled "she-groks.......... " We talk about all kinds of personal girl things!
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

            Comment


            • Nipple hair? I didn't know hair grew there. I got other things going on there, though, like the bumps are really big (can see them through a bra and a shirt) and one of them even hangs off, and it almost looks like I have dried puss stuck in the pores.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

              Comment


              • Namelesswonder, have you looked into using progesterone cream? If you are low on progesterone this may be the way to go. It's a natural form of progesterone and easily assimilated by your body w/o side effects. I used it for excessive bleeding and it worked. I was skeptical because it seemed too subtle, you just put a dab of it on your body (doesn't matter where) twice a day, for my condition I used it for 2 weeks of my cycle.
                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

                Comment


                • It's funny that women are constantly preaching equality, yet they are the FIRST to admit that they are weaker. Hmmmm....

                  Comment


                  • Well, hair on the areola, technically. It usually looks like peach fuzz, very light hair that I can find over the rest of my torso, but it got longer and darker! I actually plucked them out (it didn't hurt that much, but maybe I'm a masochist haha) and they have not regrown, but I did switch to the Vitex from the Dong Quai. We'll see!

                    The gyn told me to try Vitex before the progesterone cream. [[shrug]] I figure I'll use this since it's what I have now and I'm all about using what I've got to save money.
                    Depression Lies

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                      I recently got my hormones tested (at day 19 of my cycle, was told anywhere in the 19-21 day range would be good as I should be ovulating). My progesterone was REALLY low, all else was fine. TSH showed up as close to the low end of the normal range they provided. The doctor said it was fine, but I still want to get full thyroid testing. Anyone ever had TSH show up within a normal range, but have unusual/bad readings for T3 or T4?
                      It 's hard to see what's going on with statements like "close to the low end of the normal range" and "unusual/bad readings". Do you have tests results you could share? If so, please include reference ranges.

                      Normal TSH and low T4, low T3 may indicate secondary hypothyroid. In secondary hypoT pituitary function is impaired.
                      Hypothyroidism - secondary: UCLA Endocrine Surgery Encyclopedia

                      Other things that can impact thyroid function include:
                      1. Not eating enough
                      2. Going VLC long term
                      3. Not enough selenium. 200 mcg/day is needed
                      4. Low ferritin
                      5. Low Vitamin D
                      6. Over exercising

                      Comment


                      • Ah, right. The only data I was given was TSH. 0.64 uIU/mL, with the provided healthy range being 0.40-4.50.
                        1. I'm definitely not eating enough right now due to digestive issues ruining my appetite and making it uncomfortable to eat anything.
                        2. I haven't been VLC long term.
                        3. I get 250 mcg per day
                        4. Has been low in the past, may be low now.
                        5. I supplement high for this due to being deficient for many years. 10,000 IU/daily got it to 50 (ng/ml? I don't remember what the units are for D) this summer, starting last Winter with the supplementation.
                        6. I barely exercise =P
                        Depression Lies

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                          Ah, right. The only data I was given was TSH. 0.64 uIU/mL, with the provided healthy range being 0.40-4.50.
                          1. I'm definitely not eating enough right now due to digestive issues ruining my appetite and making it uncomfortable to eat anything.
                          2. I haven't been VLC long term.
                          3. I get 250 mcg per day
                          4. Has been low in the past, may be low now.
                          5. I supplement high for this due to being deficient for many years. 10,000 IU/daily got it to 50 (ng/ml? I don't remember what the units are for D) this summer, starting last Winter with the supplementation.
                          6. I barely exercise =P
                          If you only have TSH results how do you know you have unusual/bad T4, T3?

                          Comment


                          • I don't, nor did I say I did. I just want to get those tested so I can know for sure if they are okay or not.
                            Depression Lies

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                              Nipple hair? I didn't know hair grew there. I got other things going on there, though, like the bumps are really big (can see them through a bra and a shirt) and one of them even hangs off, and it almost looks like I have dried puss stuck in the pores.
                              oooowwww........ has a doctor looked at that? I don't think thats right..... nipples aren't supposed to ooze anything. Just sayin' --- you might want to talk to a doctor.
                              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion
                              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

                              Comment


                              • SB I agree with Tomi, don't ignore an irregularity. Off to the doctors please!
                                link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X