She-Groks Only.......... cuz it works different for us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
    No, but you made me snort-laugh, so you DO get bonus points~!
    awesome!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
      I truly am not a stupid person but I just can't figure out how to do this? Can you provide very simple one syllable step by step instructions??
      okay --- let me see if I'm smart enough to do this! hahaha......

I will try to insert a sample of my spreadsheet..... if it doesn't work I'd be happy to email it to you then you'd have all the formulas set for you.

10/9/2012 4 bacon peanut butter rib steak acorn squash 2 tb butter grams calories %s

cal 245 250 450 115 200 1260
      carb 0.6 12 0 30 0 42.6 170.4 14%
      fat 18.9 22 35 0.3 22 98.2 883.8 70%
      prot 16.7 9 30 2.3 0 58 232 18%

okay - things didn't line up perfectly when I cut and pasted - but you get the idea. the formula for total grams look like this =sum(C4:J4) only you would use the appropriate cell coodinates. then for total calories its =K4*4 (or 9 for fats). then for % its =(L4/L3) and change the coordinates as you go. If this doesn't make sense pm me your email and I'll send it to you.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• oh dear --- after sending this to post it really didn't come out right .............. pm me if you need to.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
          oh dear --- after sending this to post it really didn't come out right .............. pm me if you need to.
          Thanks! I sent you a PM
          You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
          height 5'3
          SW 215 lbs
          CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
          LW 172 lbs
          GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• The spammers are off the charts this weekend, it seems to me. Like ants or roaches.

Originally posted by Energy! View Post
            My hubby is allergic to dairy but also had problems for years with many other foods such as corn, berries, beans, etc, etc....so many it was hard for him to eat. His main symptoms were tummy discomfort and diarrhea for months on end. Because of years of diarrhea, he developed an anal fistula, not fun.

After experimenting, he finally figured out that drinking any kind of carbonated soda irritated his intestine. After cutting out sodas 100% his food choices are greatly increased instead of ever-dwindling. He had a colleague with similar issues who was also helped by quitting sodas. My hubby's doctor was no help for that issue, he still doesn't believe sodas could cause that problem. The fistula finally healed on its own. In any case, it's worth trying to eliminate something that seems "harmless" just to see.

Follow up note: drinking iced tea all day is not a good alternative. He recently had a big kidney stone that had to be removed, probably caused in part from drinking not-fully-diluted iced tea, about 5-8 glasses worth in 3 glasses per day. Tea has oxylates plus is a diuretic, so oxylates + dehydration = kidney stone
            I kind of wonder if my boyfriend's bowel problems could be related to all the gum he chews. He chews a lot of gum. I don't chew any gum, but in the past if I've had any amount of sorbitol I have had horrific intestinal problems. I'm done trying to help him, though. He's on his own with that.
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
              i make little coconut oil/kerrygold/cocoa bites that i sprinkle with kosher salt before they set.

i have found that a VERY high fat start to my day really helps get my fat percentage up there without going over on protein. low-carb is easy for me -- i've been eating this way 3+ years, but finally -- DUH -- realized i was having too much protein. once i made that adjustment i started losing again.

usual first meal is bone broth with like 3 tablespoons of kerrygold and some seaweed, sometimes one egg. if i'm hungry but eating with the b/f later, i might have some melted brie with chopped avocado on top for lunch. this way i can have a decent serving of protein for dinner.

i shoot for about 100 gms of fat each day and about 60-70 protein. if you use a program like fitday or cronometer it will calculate everything for you and you don't need a spread sheet.
              Noodle,
              How much protein was too much protein? I feel like I am doing low carb, not overly high fat (aka low fat) and loads of protein. I have been primal for about 3 weeks and have had little (to no) results. I am only about 15 lb heavier than I would like to be so it is not like I am expecting an explosive loss or anything...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jayner View Post
                Noodle,
                How much protein was too much protein? I feel like I am doing low carb, not overly high fat (aka low fat) and loads of protein. I have been primal for about 3 weeks and have had little (to no) results. I am only about 15 lb heavier than I would like to be so it is not like I am expecting an explosive loss or anything...
                Jayner - I know this question was not directed me but ........... just wanted to point you towards the EAT MOAR FAT thread. I think all your questions can be answered there. Welcome to primal...........
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Thanks, Tomi!

Comment

• I found this really good website today. stumptuous.com. Other women may enjoy this. She's a really good writer. Her weight lifting articles and her rants are really great.
                    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                      I found this really good website today. stumptuous.com. Other women may enjoy this. She's a really good writer. Her weight lifting articles and her rants are really great.
                      Yeah, Krista's cool. I wish she blogged more frequently.
                      I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• vivi666an is a busy thing! she hit my journal too! So I got to report her twice! wish they had a better way to track those things. I think every user name that comes in with numbers should be an automatic flag to the administrators! annoying little things!
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

I found this really good website today. stumptuous.com. Other women may enjoy this. She's a really good writer. Her weight lifting articles and her rants are really great.
                          SB I love her and her writing style. thank you for sharing
                          link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Jayner View Post
                            Noodle,
                            it was pretty easy for me to go over 100-120 gms most days. i'm small, only 5'2", and just turned 49. even though i am very active, i simply don't need as much food anymore. i reduced protein and increased fats and that seems to be working. am also taking a chinese herb called dong quai which has helped balance my hormones. i think that has been a huge issue for me gaining and stalling in weight.

fitting it all together has been a relief.
                            Last edited by noodletoy; 10-18-2012, 04:05 PM.
                            As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

am liking this site! thanks, sb.
                              As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• I've used Dong Quai in the past - but probably not for long enough to make any kind of difference............ maybe I should do a little research and think about trying it again. ???? I'm doing pretty good on the high fat, mod. protein, and VLC - and I'm not hypothyroid anymore thanks to the Armour. I could use some help energy still............
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X